00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers

6,972 Views | 119 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Did you know that there will be a livestream of all the ROUND 2 entries in the Newgrounds Summer Animation Jams on the Newgrounds Festivals YouTube Channel, July 24th? You may not have noticed that snippet all the way at the bottom there on this post. The idea is to stream a NewgroundsTV block for several hours of Saturday Morning Cartoons and in between every couple cartoons I thought it’d be a cool idea to include animated bumpers to make the whole experience more authentic!

This is an open call-to-action for submissions! Create an MTV or Adult Swim style of TV Bumper for the ROUND 2 livestream. Submissions will be used to space out the ROUND 2 entries like commercials on the NewgroundsTV cartoon block. You should use stuff like Cartoon Network City Bumpers for inspiration! All mediums welcome! 2D/3D/StopMo/Live Action/etc. Mix’em up, just do one, I don’t care! Feel free to even repurpose an old project...

BASIC GUIDELINES

• MUST include the Newgrounds Logo, Newgrounds Text(font is TekutekuAL), or Summer Animation Jams Logo somewhere in the submission. You can absolutely modify, distort, or recreate any of these images.
  • Upload the submission to the Newgrounds movie portal and tag your submission “round-2-bumper” so I can find it.
  • You MUST include audio of some kind: sound effects, ambient sound, or music from the audio portal.
  • It doesn’t need to be well animated or animated much at all. A camera move is plenty!
  • Your submission must be in the 4:3 aspect ratio to match the rest of the stream(e.g. 1440px by 1080px)
  • No submission can be longer than 20 seconds.
  • Keep it SFW ONLY.

Here’s some examples already completed for your pleasure:

(I'll post more examples as I finish them, feel free to share your submissions in the replies too!)

You have until July 21st so I have time to catalog them, so make’m quick, make’m shitposty, make’m weird! Submit as many as you want, but I reserve the right to not use every submission.

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-07 22:55:08

this is COOL, i mite cook somethin up

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-07 23:54:46

At 7/7/21 10:55 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: this is COOL, i mite cook somethin up

classy

I might do a little something for this.

By the way, are we allowed to post our submissions on Youtube after posting them on Newgrounds? Are we also allowed to add OCs?

💖🌈A Quirky Artist & Creator with a Rainbow of Interests!🌈💖

BBS Signature

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-08 01:21:48

At 7/8/21 12:02 AM, ChromaCee wrote: I might do a little something for this.

By the way, are we allowed to post our submissions on Youtube after posting them on Newgrounds? Are we also allowed to add OCs?

Yes, yes and yes!

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-08 01:29:11

Cool! Also, are we allowed to add characters from other fandoms that we like, such as Sonic?

💖🌈A Quirky Artist & Creator with a Rainbow of Interests!🌈💖

BBS Signature

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-08 01:50:34

At 7/8/21 01:29 AM, ChromaCee wrote: Cool! Also, are we allowed to add characters from other fandoms that we like, such as Sonic?

sure, newgrounds characters preferred of course, but the rules here are not as strict as the animation jams themselves are.

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-08 15:12:52

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-08 16:04:34

Droppin' a new one featuring my stop motion puppet Yanny:

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-08 17:01:27

hehe

iu_352082_7235325.webp

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-08 19:39:21

Ooo! Here's mine!

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-08 19:47:50

At 7/8/21 07:39 PM, bakertoons wrote: Ooo! Here's mine!

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/804228

so glad we got a 2D one in your style! You had a really fun entry in Round 1 of the Summer Jams :)

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-08 20:12:32

At 7/8/21 07:47 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote:
At 7/8/21 07:39 PM, bakertoons wrote: Ooo! Here's mine!

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/804228
so glad we got a 2D one in your style! You had a really fun entry in Round 1 of the Summer Jams :)

This means a lot. Thanks for the nice words!

At 7/7/21 05:41 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote: Did you know that there will be a livestream of all the ROUND

Get it man. You and anyone else are so more than welcome to use my music on my profile. It’s always a dream come true when people do and Brandy made one of

the most badass animations I’ve ever seen with an interpretation of my song.

if you don’t use more of my music, I will feel disappointed but also already grateful for the most awesome short ever!

thanks again so much and looking forward to seeing all the submissions!!

edit: here’s a link to my audio page and I am usually uploading more every single day free for use!

https://boza44.newgrounds.com/audio/

thanks again!!!!!!!

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-08 23:44:53

Here's mine, did it mostly for funsies 👉👈

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-08 23:48:31

At 7/8/21 11:44 PM, lordsApathy69 wrote: Here's mine, did it mostly for funsies 👉👈
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/804258

they're all for funsies, gotta be having fun while doing it! The "chiiiillllllllllll" really takes its time xD

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-09 13:56:36

Finally got my submission done!

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-09 15:49:11

Just finished mine! Here ya go!

Fuck

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-09 15:53:24

At 7/9/21 03:49 PM, MayaLaCookie wrote: Just finished mine! Here ya go!
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/804366

looks cool, I think the manual tracking ads to your aesthetic!

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-09 17:13:50

At 7/7/21 05:41 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote: Did you know that there will be a livestream of all the ROUND 2 entries in the Newgrounds Summer Animation Jams on the Newgrounds Festivals YouTube Channel, July 24th? You may not have noticed that snippet all the way at the bottom there on this post. The idea is to stream a NewgroundsTV block for several hours of Saturday Morning Cartoons and in between every couple cartoons I thought it’d be a cool idea to include animated bumpers to make the whole experience more authentic!

This is an open call-to-action for submissions! Create an MTV or Adult Swim style of TV Bumper for the ROUND 2 livestream. Submissions will be used to space out the ROUND 2 entries like commercials on the NewgroundsTV cartoon block. You should use stuff like Cartoon Network City Bumpers for inspiration! All mediums welcome! 2D/3D/StopMo/Live Action/etc. Mix’em up, just do one, I don’t care! Feel free to even repurpose an old project...

BASIC GUIDELINES

Here’s some examples already completed for your pleasure:
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/803846

(I'll post more examples as I finish them, feel free to share your submissions in the replies too!)

You have until July 21st so I have time to catalog them, so make’m quick, make’m shitposty, make’m weird! Submit as many as you want, but I reserve the right to not use every submission.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT NO FUCKING WAY

obama

BBS Signature

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-09 18:05:52

Gonna do somethin pretty freakin sweet.

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-09 19:10:36

Sounds like a great way to get involved with the Jam!

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-09 21:33:00

At 7/9/21 03:49 PM, MayaLaCookie wrote: Just finished mine! Here ya go!
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/804366

yo this vibe is super dope, how are you making this video? :P

Mine is complete! It is currently under judgement. I hope something like this is what you're looking for!

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-10 00:04:49

Dont forget they gotta be 4:3, you can update your movie file in the newgrounds project at any time(so no need to unpublish before reuploading)!

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-10 04:55:42

At 7/10/21 12:04 AM, BrandyBuizel wrote: Dont forget they gotta be 4:3, you can update your movie file in the newgrounds project at any time(so no need to unpublish before reuploading)!

I gotcha! Just changed it. Should be good now I think

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-10 10:58:22

done. i considered deleting beach bliss bumper because there was some weird stock stuff i can't remove-

really I won't be insulted at all if you pass over my submissions. I'm still on some weird manic high from Brandy using my music in his stop-motion animation, and figured I'd do a half-assed job to find a way to participate in the challenge!

Looking forward to July 24th!

Response to NewgroundsTV Animated Bumpers 2021-07-10 13:23:47

At 7/10/21 10:58 AM, boza44 wrote: done. i considered deleting beach bliss bumper because there was some weird stock stuff i can't remove-
really I won't be insulted at all if you pass over my submissions. I'm still on some weird manic high from Brandy using my music in his stop-motion animation, and figured I'd do a half-assed job to find a way to participate in the challenge!

Looking forward to July 24th!

Thanks dood!

You can still contribute videos, just make sure the content you upload is original, by you, and follows the guidelines above(e.g. less than 20 second, 4:3 aspect ratio, etc.).

At 7/10/21 01:23 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote:

Of course man, well maybe I'll stop cluttering the thread, and let the artists do their thing, i'll keep entertaining with the music. I appreciate you guys and can't wait to see everyone's work!