00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Poems for the Newgrounds Summer Festival!

460 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi everybody! @Stanpai is organizing an online event, the Newgrounds Summer Festival! It will have panels about Newgrounds, it's content and community and it's gonna be awesome! Give it a read in his thread!

I was talking to him about it when a cool thought came about: what if they show poems from NG writers in-between panels? Well he liked the idea and asked if I wanted to help with it. And that's why I'm here!

If this piqued your interest, you can write a poem for the event and send it to me via DM. I'll gather what you guys give me and send it all over to Stanpai, then throughout the festival he'll showcase the poems and credit the authors!

Also here are some tips I can give you:

- It can be a problem if the poem is too long. Something that fits entirely in one screen should be perfect!

- Some panels will allow for some adult content, and some will be SFW!

- You can send more than one poem, but I can't guarantee there will be room for all of them. If you do that, please choose one poem as your "main one" in case they can't all get in!

- The deadline for sending poems is June 16th!

I guess that's it! If you have any questions, feel free to ask in this thread or DM me! You can do the same with Stanpai and his thread if it's about the event itself!

Good writing folks!

It takes a real man to cry

It takes a real woman to strive

Response to Poems for the Newgrounds Summer Festival! 2021-05-12 17:17:51

Hey all, Stanpai here!

When submitting poems, try to keep them short and sweet, something that can be read in 15-30 seconds. Haikus are a great fit for this kind of format. Can't wait to see what you all will contribute!

~Stan~

BBS Signature

Response to Poems for the Newgrounds Summer Festival! 2021-06-02 08:52:34

Hey everyone! We're about two weeks from the deadline, how are your poems coming along?

Not sure this was clear, but feel free to use this thread to discuss anything about the poems too! If you want to share ideas, ask for feedback or just talk about what you've been cooking, this is the place fine!

Stay well people, see you at the festival!

Response to Poems for the Newgrounds Summer Festival! 2021-06-07 16:14:46

Where should I upload or send my work?

Bad english, sorry.

Árvíztűrő tükörfúrógép

BBS Signature

Response to Poems for the Newgrounds Summer Festival! 2021-06-07 17:19:29

At 6/7/21 04:14 PM, Arika2 wrote: Where should I upload or send my work?

Feel free to send it to me via Private Message!

Response to Poems for the Newgrounds Summer Festival! 2021-06-08 12:00:13

At 6/7/21 05:19 PM, Fersto wrote:
At 6/7/21 04:14 PM, Arika2 wrote: Where should I upload or send my work?
Feel free to send it to me via Private Message!

Okay thanks :P

Bad english, sorry.

Árvíztűrő tükörfúrógép

BBS Signature

Response to Poems for the Newgrounds Summer Festival! 2021-06-10 16:45:15

Definitely piquing my interest this is!

Glad you dropped by the haiku thread or I don't think I would've found it in time. Now just to get a relevant wave of inspiration going hmm...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Poems for the Newgrounds Summer Festival! 2021-06-12 10:16:26

And btw. what do you think, should I post my poem written to te contest post in the writing portal?

Bad english, sorry.

Árvíztűrő tükörfúrógép

BBS Signature

Response to Poems for the Newgrounds Summer Festival! 2021-06-12 13:32:18

At 6/12/21 10:16 AM, Arika2 wrote: And btw. what do you think, should I post my poem written to te contest post in the writing portal?

After the Festival, sure! Either in the forum or your profile! I think posting before the festival would spoil it a bit though

Response to Poems for the Newgrounds Summer Festival! 2021-06-12 22:54:06

Hi @Stanpai! I was wanting to run a summer writing contest for some cash prizes but am not wanting to mess up the summer festival. If I wait to start the contest until after June 16th, will that cause you issues? I was planning on giving writers until Labor Day to submit, so it won't be too late if I wait until like next weekend to start the contest. Let me know what is easier for ya.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Poems for the Newgrounds Summer Festival! 2021-06-13 15:02:39

At 6/12/21 10:54 PM, SevenOnAStick wrote: Hi @Stanpai! I was wanting to run a summer writing contest for some cash prizes but am not wanting to mess up the summer festival. If I wait to start the contest until after June 16th, will that cause you issues? I was planning on giving writers until Labor Day to submit, so it won't be too late if I wait until like next weekend to start the contest. Let me know what is easier for ya.

I don't think there's much need to worry about hurting the summer fest with your contest. I'd be happy to include mention of it during the festival as well to help with promotion!

~Stan~

BBS Signature

Response to Poems for the Newgrounds Summer Festival! 2021-06-13 17:06:20

At 6/13/21 03:02 PM, Stanpai wrote:
At 6/12/21 10:54 PM, SevenOnAStick wrote: Hi @Stanpai! I was wanting to run a summer writing contest for some cash prizes but am not wanting to mess up the summer festival. If I wait to start the contest until after June 16th, will that cause you issues? I was planning on giving writers until Labor Day to submit, so it won't be too late if I wait until like next weekend to start the contest. Let me know what is easier for ya.
I don't think there's much need to worry about hurting the summer fest with your contest. I'd be happy to include mention of it during the festival as well to help with promotion!

Sounds good, I'll put a thread up next week, if you wish to tell people to be looking for it.

Also, I am fine with people using entries from summer fest in my contest as long as it was only posted here. (Can't have been posted on any other sites)

Unless you DON'T want that. But if you're cool with it, I am too. Then they don't have to choose. As long as it's new content they made this summer for newgrounds.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Hey folks, how have you been? The deadline for the poems passed for some time now and with a heavy heart I came here to say that due to low turnout, the poetry showcase may not happen this time...

Thank you very much for those that sent in poems or just were hyped for this too. Maybe in some other event.

But cheer up! The festival itself is gonna be awesome with lots of panels and cool people! It starts tomorrow, don't miss out on it!!

And for those that wrote a poem, or wanted to, there's still the Summer Writing Contest that @SevenOnAStick is hosting! The theme is poems and summer, and it's your chance to win cash prizes and glory! Make sure to participate!

I guess that's it everybody. I hope you all stay well and have a great day. See you at the festival, compete in the contest! Peace!

And keep on writing!