00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam!

128,922 Views | 493 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Please don’t use meme audio or unlicensed commercial music; any dialog should be an original recording and any music should come from a royalty-free source or the FNF soundtrack itself. 

I have a question about this rule. Can we only put a song like background music or it can be like the gameplay? For example, two characters singing a song from the game?

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 17:27:57

At 2/19/21 07:26 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Many of you have likely noticed Friday Night Funkin’ is a huge hit, on its way to becoming the most popular game in the history of NG.

To celebrate, we’re hosting a Friday Night Funkin’ Animation Jam, with a $5K prize pool from the Funkin’ team (@ninjamuffin99, @PhantomArcade, @KawaiSprite, @evilsk8r) and over $1.25k from the community!

To participate, create an original animation in the world of Friday Night Funkin’. 

Rules:

You can include OC’s; there are popular mods out there and it could be cool to see those represented in some way.

It can’t be an animation you made previously, it needs to be made for the jam and include a Newgrounds.com watermark. Don’t have one? PhantomArcade has you covered!

Your entry should be uploaded to Newgrounds before Youtube or anywhere else.

“Newgrounds is and always will be the home of Friday Night Funkin, so the cartoon goes here first. Feel free to post it anywhere else even minutes later, but NG first baby. Friday Night Funkin is a Newgrounds game after all.” - Funkin’ Team

Please don’t use meme audio or unlicensed commercial music; any dialog should be an original recording and any music should come from a royalty-free source or the FNF soundtrack itself. 

There are no length requirements. Something too short might lack substance, something too long might become boring. Check out the Pet Jam entries for some good examples.

You’re welcome and encouraged to work in teams! If you’d like to join a team, make your interest known in this thread.

Include the “FunkinJam” tag on NG and #FunkinJamNG when posting on social (wips too!).

“If you break any of these rules, we’ll rip every inch of skin off your body, so thanks for playing nice!” -Funkin’ Crew

Deadline: 

March 10th, sundown.

Drippy Prizes:

1st - $2,500
2nd - $1,250
3rd - $750
4th - $525
5th - $270
6th - $200
7th - $200
8th - $200
9th - $200
10th - $200

If you’re an FNF fan and would like to see the prize numbers go up, or expanded to even more tiers, make a donation on the Supporter page and PM me with the heads up you contributed towards the Jam!

Thank you everyone who has sponsored so far!

@hentaiwriter - $1000 - Added tiers 6-10!
@AnonymousAlchemist - $100
@wetzelpretzel - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@tilen - $20
@eluisive-dragon - $15
@Ennuikal - $10

Entries will be judged and winners decided by the Funkin' Team.

Other News

We announced an NG Player update and various site updates yesterday.

Pixel Day Winners were announced Saturday and before that was the Best of January.

swag

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 17:30:49

ok no meme audio, but can there be audio from an already existent video on the internet?

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 18:00:26

Are we allowed to remix or create unofficial music for our entries? For example: let’s say I add a DJ to make funky music while Boyfriend AND Girlfriend battling against 2 more people.

Never mind that . I don’t have any ideas.

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 18:01:18

hey, I was wondering about transferring the money to different currencies, how will that work?

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 18:06:21

At 2/20/21 08:44 AM, squeakytoad wrote: Oh I was just messing around. Please don’t make a 40+ min Friday Night Funkin animation. Or do. I don’t make the rules.

Ah ok. Thanks.

(I tend to have a bit of a hard time understanding jokes like that on screen. But that's ok. You got me pretty good lol :D )

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 18:06:48

At 2/20/21 09:34 AM, TomFulp wrote: Just the final movie should release on NG first, WIPs can release wherever whenever.

Cool! Thanks for the clarification :)

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 18:13:12

Damn, if i was a better animator and learned to mod I would've definitely join in the contest, anyways good luck to everyone participating.

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 18:19:02

I don't have a creative bone in my body, but I sure as hell will donate to Fnf and this Jam. Best of luck to all you talented animators.

iu_245003_7863265.gif

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 18:23:24

At 2/19/21 07:33 PM, Wandaboy wrote: tom why is ninjamuffin strange?

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh idk

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 18:27:53

At 2/20/21 05:30 PM, pizzaguy67 wrote: ok no meme audio, but can there be audio from an already existent video on the internet?

Doubt it

At 2/20/21 09:27 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/20/21 01:47 AM, Assteeriix wrote: one question anyone can enter? im mexican and duration of the animation?
Anyone can enter but prize money can't be sent to sanctioned countries. (Mexico isn't sanctioned).

There's no length requirement for entries.

sorry for be anoying but I dont understand it ,hardly speak english then I can recive the money because mexico its not a sanctioned countrie (that isnt confuse me)

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 19:05:09

At 2/20/21 02:10 AM, Piper wrote:
At 2/19/21 07:26 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Many of you have likely noticed Friday Night Funkin’ is a huge hit, on its way to becoming the most popular game in the history of NG.

To celebrate, we’re hosting a Friday Night Funkin’ Animation Jam, with a $5K prize pool from the Funkin’ team (@ninjamuffin99, @PhantomArcade, @KawaiSprite, @evilsk8r)!

To participate, create an original animation in the world of Friday Night Funkin’. 

Rules:

You can include OC’s; there are popular mods out there and it could be cool to see those represented in some way.

It can’t be an animation you made previously, it needs to be made for the jam and include a Newgrounds.com watermark. Don’t have one? PhantomArcade has you covered!

Your entry should be uploaded to Newgrounds before Youtube or anywhere else.

“Newgrounds is and always will be the home of Friday Night Funkin, so the cartoon goes here first. Feel free to post it anywhere else even minutes later, but NG first baby. Friday Night Funkin is a Newgrounds game after all.” - Funkin’ Team

You’re welcome and encouraged to work in teams! If you’d like to join a team, make your interest known in this thread.

Include the “FunkinJam” tag on NG and #FunkinJamNG when posting on social (wips too!).

“If you break any of these rules, we’ll rip every inch of skin off your body, so thanks for playing nice!” -Funkin’ Crew

Deadline: 

March 10th, sundown.

Drippy Prizes:

1st - $2,500
2nd - $1,000
3rd - $750
4th - $500
5th - $250

If you’re an FNF fan and would like to see the prize numbers go up, or expanded to even more tiers, make a donation on the Supporter page and PM me with the heads up you contributed towards the Jam
Offering up my voice to those who want to enter and would like some free voice over work! For this contest only!

Other than that, excited to see what everyone comes up with!

I wanted to add. --- If you win a prize, you don't gotta share the earnings.

I really do mean "free".

Ps. Will upload a demo reel soon (for those who don't know my abilities. 😉)

Voice of Pipistrella in Pit People, Riley from Zonestream. Voice of Lily, Aurora and Lenora in Everwing

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 19:27:59

At 2/20/21 04:49 PM, rattBastardd wrote: Quick question! Would it be possible to create our own FNF style song and use it in the animation?

Love the game and keep up the great work!

Your own original music is fine!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 19:28:17

At 2/20/21 04:48 PM, PeviAnimations wrote: wait, how will you pay the winners?

We do PayPal or check.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 20:30:10

At 2/20/21 07:27 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/20/21 04:49 PM, rattBastardd wrote: Quick question! Would it be possible to create our own FNF style song and use it in the animation?

Love the game and keep up the great work!
Your own original music is fine!

Thanks Tom!

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 20:50:25

can't wait to lose cuz i can't draw!!!

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 21:29:28

Guys I'm looking for a team I could make ideas and sketches for the characters and animation and even the backgrounds :D

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 21:55:20

Can the animation be in 3D?

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 22:01:18

Could something with only ocs be allowed in the animation? In the world of FnF of course

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 22:21:57

Can someone please give me a straight answer as to whether or not we can have other IPs in the FunkinJam? I just want to have characters from YGO Arc V in the fnf style battle to one of the songs and I don't want to start only to find out it isn't allowed

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 22:41:04

I've been working hard at an animation, but I'm not sure where to submit, I don't want my work to go to waste ;-;

If anyone knows how to submit, please tell me ^^

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 22:42:00

This is my first entry at a Animation Jam, so I hope it's not too obvious ^^;

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 23:13:33

At 2/19/21 08:05 PM, TheBowz wrote: I can't draw

me either :–)

💀

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 23:38:34

my

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-20 23:38:42

cant wait for all the submissions

we do a little trollin

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-21 00:36:58

YOOOOOOOOO looking for a composer for a song I wrote for my entry!!

I've got the melody and lyrics down, not too sure on the vocals but if you can do persona 5-esque music (with similar instruments and stuff) please slide me a message!! ^^

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-21 01:32:01

Can you work with others?

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-21 01:39:05

At 2/21/21 01:32 AM, ChaoDirt wrote: Can you work with others?

Yep.

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-21 01:44:54

Cool thanks!