00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ayumi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Les Amis - My first animated short

295 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey guys!

This is pretty old by now but I figured I never shared my first short film here so here it is! This is very much inspired by the old Rareware N64 games (Banjo, Conker, Donkey Kong) as well as The Animaniacs and Looney Toons. Hopefully you guys enjoy and maybe it can inspire some of you!

Feel free if you have any questions or comments!

Watch it on Newgrounds here: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/780618

This was very cool! Alot of forced perspective animation with a tilt to it which made it straining to look at at times but still very engaging with the fast movements. Very nice!

"In matters of taste there can be no disputes."

BBS Signature

At 2/10/21 07:01 PM, Ozone wrote: Watch it on Newgrounds here: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/780618

This was very cool! Alot of forced perspective animation with a tilt to it which made it straining to look at at times but still very engaging with the fast movements. Very nice!

Thank you for the detailed comments! That's much appreciated

As I'm not very familiar with how it works here, what is that "Opt out of any awards" exactly?

Response to Les Amis - My first animated short 2021-02-11 00:19:00

At 2/10/21 09:52 PM, BrioBriss wrote: As I'm not very familiar with how it works here, what is that "Opt out of any awards" exactly?

That is my forum signature, not a request for you or anyone else. Don't worry about that :y

BBS Signature

Response to Les Amis - My first animated short 2021-02-11 00:23:10

At 2/11/21 12:19 AM, Ozone wrote:
At 2/10/21 09:52 PM, BrioBriss wrote: As I'm not very familiar with how it works here, what is that "Opt out of any awards" exactly?
That is my forum signature, not a request for you or anyone else. Don't worry about that :y

Yes, I was wondering if it was your signature or not actually! Nevertheless, what does that mean exactly? If I check it or not, what would it do?

Response to Les Amis - My first animated short 2021-02-11 01:01:49

At 2/11/21 12:23 AM, BrioBriss wrote:
Yes, I was wondering if it was your signature or not actually! Nevertheless, what does that mean exactly? If I check it or not, what would it do?

It would prevent you from getting any awards for your submission. Such as Daily First or Front Page, these awards are given to movies that perform exceptionally well on Newgrounds. Opting out was implemented for people reuploading a ton of old content from other places (Think youtube/dailymotion/ect) Or for those who believe their work did not require awards for the day.

BBS Signature

Response to Les Amis - My first animated short 2021-02-11 08:42:13

At 2/11/21 01:01 AM, Ozone wrote:
At 2/11/21 12:23 AM, BrioBriss wrote:
It would prevent you from getting any awards for your submission. Such as Daily First or Front Page, these awards are given to movies that perform exceptionally well on Newgrounds. Opting out was implemented for people reuploading a ton of old content from other places (Think youtube/dailymotion/ect) Or for those who believe their work did not require awards for the day.

Oh, I see! Thank you for the detailed answer, that clears things up!

Response to Les Amis - My first animated short 2021-02-21 01:14:24

At 2/10/21 12:12 PM, BrioBriss wrote: Hey guys!

This is pretty old by now but I figured I never shared my first short film here so here it is! This is very much inspired by the old Rareware N64 games (Banjo, Conker, Donkey Kong) as well as The Animaniacs and Looney Toons. Hopefully you guys enjoy and maybe it can inspire some of you!

*Looney Tunes

Amber Madison

Response to Les Amis - My first animated short 2021-02-25 12:41:48

At 2/21/21 01:14 AM, ArtsyLovesthings wrote:
At 2/10/21 12:12 PM, BrioBriss wrote: Hey guys!

*Looney Tunes

Yes most definitely as well!