00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yamusy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Happy Black History Month 2021! Doing anything special for it?

882 Views | 41 Replies

Hi. Happy Black History Month 2021! February in the U.S. is Black History Month. Are you doing anything special for it this year?

I wished two African Americans I know a Happy Black History Month, and one white guy, due to his insistence, but that was about it.

When Black History Month comes around I don't really do anything to commemorate, observe and/or celebrate it. I don't really have time for that.

What about you? Please help. Thank you.

At 2/4/21 09:39 PM, ngman7 wrote: When Black History Month comes around I don't really do anything to commemorate, observe and/or celebrate it. I don't really have time for that.

too busy boosting that poast count, right?

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

At 2/4/21 10:05 PM, Garnet-Frost wrote: I'm actually curious on how people here are going to respond to this. No one seems to of stepped up to the plate yet....Other than that whenever Black History Month comes I usually have no idea what to do. Best I can do is celebrate by being myself despite others disapproval.

Well one year I said I wanted to do research on the countries and tribes in Sub-Saharan Africa I descended from - research on their languages and cultures. I don't know what tribes and from what countries in Africa I descended from without doing a genealogy test. An anthropologist told my mother and her mother they have Black Sudanese roots. He studied their bone structures. I don't know how accurate this is. A genealogy test will conform this.

I never followed through with any of this. I don't have time and money for the test right now either.

At 2/4/21 10:05 PM, Garnet-Frost wrote: I'm actually curious on how people here are going to respond to this. No one seems to of stepped up to the plate yet....Other than that whenever Black History Month comes I usually have no idea what to do. Best I can do is celebrate by being myself despite others disapproval.

Now of course I know more about my EUROPEAN ancestry than my Sub-Saharan ancestry. Most Americans with any European ancestry know about their European roots. My African American mom has one Irish ancestor and my mother is related to President Harrison. My White Jewish dad was Russian and German - his dad was Russian and his mom was German. My dad also claimed to be part Romanian but I don't know if that's true; he used to tell a lot of jokes.

A genealogy test will confirm if this is true or not. I want to know more about my European roots anyway also.

My dad had a photo album of his family, and this was the only physical record of his family that he ever kept. He wasn't close to his family. That album was lost in storage.

We had pics of his parents whom I lived around when my brother and I were kids but those were lost.

It's black history month every month

Coolier than thou

Best Toon

BBS Signature

Celebrate Black History month by beating up Sekhem in a back alley in broad daylight. 

Wait actually don't beat anyone up. This month should be about spreading love and peace. Instead let's take turns beating Sekhem off in the alley.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

It is not my place to make black history about me. I perpetuate respect as I do at all times, for if I exerted more effort to be respectful in only one month out of the year and called attention to it, it would seem performative and disingenuous. Thus, I continue to be the change I wish to see in the world.

I see them, I hear and listen, I acknowledge our differences, and I acknowledge injustices past and present. I hope and strive for a more harmonious and peaceful future between all of us moving forward.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Here's a wild, crazy idea. Why doesn't Newgrounds hold a month-long celebration every February for Black History Month? They can do that by showcasing African American community members' works - animations, comics, other pieces of visual art, music and other audio works, writings, etc.

I'm going to suggest this to the staff here.

At 2/5/21 02:50 AM, ngman7 wrote: Here's a wild, crazy idea. Why doesn't Newgrounds hold a month-long celebration every February for Black History Month? They can do that by showcasing African American community members' works - animations, comics, other pieces of visual art, music and other audio works, writings, etc.

How does one prove African American-ness?

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

At 2/5/21 03:32 AM, SatanBrain wrote:
At 2/5/21 02:50 AM, ngman7 wrote: Here's a wild, crazy idea. Why doesn't Newgrounds hold a month-long celebration every February for Black History Month? They can do that by showcasing African American community members' works - animations, comics, other pieces of visual art, music and other audio works, writings, etc.

Oh that's right. Not everyone posts photos of themselves.

At 2/5/21 01:57 AM, Sekhem wrote:
At 2/4/21 11:55 PM, Chdonga wrote: Celebrate Black History month by beating up Sekhem in a back alley in broad daylight. 
very rude

anyways, since it's black history month, here's a reminder that the fbi tried to use malcolm x's daughter to assassinate farrakhan

iu_236636_7843618.jpg

hello

I'm honoring our real Rock n Roll pioneer, Sister Rosetta Tharpe. Basically, The REAL godmother of Rock n Roll.

♡︎Married To Boomhauer and Rusty Shackleford♡︎

🪶🧡🐈‍⬛Cherokee/Apache Princess and Queen Of Egypt🧡🪶🐈‍⬛

Redcornpilled🌽💖Professional Yandere 🔪🫀🩸💕💋

BBS Signature

At 2/5/21 09:10 AM, Sekhem wrote:
At 2/5/21 08:51 AM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:
At 2/5/21 01:57 AM, Sekhem wrote:
At 2/4/21 11:55 PM, Chdonga wrote: Celebrate Black History month by beating up Sekhem in a back alley in broad daylight. 
very rude

anyways, since it's black history month, here's a reminder that the fbi tried to use malcolm x's daughter to assassinate farrakhan
people still unironically believe the fbi narrative that farrakhan had malcolm killed

(source, if you wanna read the full thing)

if fitzpatrick is so innocent, is he willing to leave witness protection and reveal himself?

the federal government not only provided him with drugs which he sold to inner city youth during the peak of the crack epidemic, but they also financed him and shabazz weapons, housing, and other things with the end goal of facilitating the assassination of farrakhan

is the fbi brave enough to release unredacted COINTELPRO files on farrkhan, noi, master fard, and the honorable elijah muhammad (and operation white hate which targeted the american neo-nazis, too - because why not)?

The FBI was never any good. I say defund it

hello

At 2/4/21 09:39 PM, ngman7 wrote: Hi. Happy Black History Month 2021! February in the U.S. is Black History Month. Are you doing anything special for it this year?

I wished two African Americans I know a Happy Black History Month, and one white guy, due to his insistence, but that was about it.

When Black History Month comes around I don't really do anything to commemorate, observe and/or celebrate it. I don't really have time for that.

Hey, look! It's that idiot from the youtube thread!

please help. thank you.

God, the fucking jokes to be had...

At 2/5/21 06:43 PM, VoiceInsideYourSkull wrote:

God, the fucking jokes to be had...

Technically Elon Musk is African-American

hello

Visiting Harambe's grave.

Just another NG user.

Thanks, @COOLZONE17500 for the cool signature.

BBS Signature

At 2/5/21 10:13 PM, ZomAlien wrote: Visiting Harambe's grave.

monkeys are not black people

monkeys are saiyans

iu_237024_6715108.jpg

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

At 2/5/21 10:36 PM, DrunkGeckoAssBrain wrote:
At 2/5/21 10:13 PM, ZomAlien wrote: Visiting Harambe's grave.
monkeys are not black people
monkeys are saiyans

But harambe was black.

Goddamn I miss him.

Just another NG user.

Thanks, @COOLZONE17500 for the cool signature.

BBS Signature

I usually give extra appreciation in February for my 15-20% West African roots. But Joe Biden drained my blackness because I didn't vote for him. Hey can someone pass the mayo...

BBS Signature

I have nothing planned at all.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

this is what i do on darnell history month

Formerly penisstar, now so gay that cr0m cries in his grave. The Star Syndickate can suck my balls uwu. Sevenstar is still a pedophile, except older and creepier.

iu_238842_7843618.jpg

hello

At 2/4/21 09:39 PM, ngman7 wrote: Hi. Happy Black History Month 2021! February in the U.S. is Black History Month. Are you doing anything special for it this year?

hi

Black History is American History, I dont think black people would want their history to be reduced to a month.

Wanna help me steal a giraffe?

Would you suggest the same for Women's Month, Arab Month, Pride Month, Indigenous Month and others? There's a lot of months to cover.

coo coo bitch lmfao

I like personally huey newton and malcom x the best out of all the black power figures in the 60's. It is all pretty great.

At 2/10/21 06:01 AM, CitizenGoose wrote: Black History is American History, I dont think black people would want their history to be reduced to a month.

We also have Black Music Month.

At 2/10/21 04:01 PM, ngman7 wrote:
At 2/10/21 06:01 AM, CitizenGoose wrote: Black History is American History, I dont think black people would want their history to be reduced to a month.
We also have Black Music Month.

One month is not nearly enough.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature