00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anemia?

691 Views | 31 Replies

Anemia? 2021-01-22 20:43:33

I know it's mostly a chick problem and most of you are dudes, but anyone out there anemic?

I can't get rid of it.

I have no iron in my blood.

I'm gonna have to do those stupid IVs.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-22 20:47:01

in here, we're all anemic

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-22 20:47:28

Ya know, steak is pretty cool.

A picture of what Seven sees when she stands up too quickly because she can’t appreciate good meat:

iu_229224_7843618.jpg

hello

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-22 20:48:34

At 1/22/21 08:47 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: Ya know, steak is pretty cool.

A picture of what Seven sees when she stands up too quickly because she can’t appreciate good meat:

That's just it---- I eat sooooo much red meat.

So much.

I love meat.

meat.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-22 20:52:59

Not really, thought I haven't had a blood test in a while, and I do often get anemia symptoms, though I think mine is dietry related.

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-22 20:53:42

At 1/22/21 08:52 PM, Little-Seven-Seize wrote: Not really, thought I haven't had a blood test in a while, and I do often get anemia symptoms, though I think mine is dietry related.

side note, you're about to reach the 10k forum

Notorious internet cunt

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-22 20:54:04

Eat meat.

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-22 20:55:02

I think my sister in law has that...

Or maybe I'm thinking of my cousin's former best friend...

I have a lot of people in my life who've all faded into one pale blur of mass that I can't rightly identify so it's tough to tell which at this point.

Main point is I'm pretty sure I may have known at least one anemic person at one point in my life or another.

One thing I am afraid of is getting it myself considering I sometimes go days without seeing the sun thanks to my inability to maintain a proper sleep schedule.

This has been another episode of "Piecing Together What the Hell is Wrong with Billy"

RedSnake's the name, out of character and gae is the game.

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-22 20:55:16

I seem to have the opposite problem - too much iron. Wanna swap fluids?

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-22 20:57:40

At 1/22/21 08:53 PM, DrunkGecko wrote:
At 1/22/21 08:52 PM, Little-Seven-Seize wrote: Not really, thought I haven't had a blood test in a while, and I do often get anemia symptoms, though I think mine is dietry related.

Is that like a poor persons Supporter Forum?

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-22 20:58:05

At 1/22/21 08:57 PM, Little-Seven-Seize wrote:
At 1/22/21 08:53 PM, DrunkGecko wrote:
Is that like a poor persons Supporter Forum?

pretty much

Notorious internet cunt

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-22 20:58:43

I've never been anemic, but at one point I had to take iron tablets despite having a steady amount of red meat in my diet. Gotta love periods

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-22 21:07:43

At 1/22/21 08:52 PM, UggoSonno wrote: Just eat spinach and you’ll be strong as this guy

I eat lots of spinach too!

Spinach is my favorite veggie and red meat is my favorite protein so I'm pretty gosh darn pissed off that I can't get rid of it!

☹ Do you like meat?

At 1/22/21 08:54 PM, Kel-chan wrote: Eat meat.

I do 😭😭😭

At 1/22/21 08:55 PM, BillyRedSnake wrote: I think my sister in law has that...
Or maybe I'm thinking of my cousin's former best friend...
I have a lot of people in my life who've all faded into one pale blur of mass that I can't rightly identify so it's tough to tell which at this point.

Main point is I'm pretty sure I may have known at least one anemic person at one point in my life or another.
One thing I am afraid of is getting it myself considering I sometimes go days without seeing the sun thanks to my inability to maintain a proper sleep schedule.

This has been another episode of "Piecing Together What the Hell is Wrong with Billy"

I will admit, I don't go outside as much as I should.

I mean I go to work everyday but then I come home and stay inside.

At 1/22/21 08:58 PM, Void wrote: I've never been anemic, but at one point I had to take iron tablets despite having a steady amount of red meat in my diet. Gotta love periods

It gets extra low during that time and that's when my oxygen saturation actually ends up affected. I get short of breath etc

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-22 21:17:29

At 1/22/21 09:07 PM, SevenSeizeHasCookies wrote:
At 1/22/21 08:52 PM, UggoSonno wrote: Just eat spinach and you’ll be strong as this guy
I eat lots of spinach too!

Spinach is my favorite veggie and red meat is my favorite protein so I'm pretty gosh darn pissed off that I can't get rid of it!

I'm not really a big fan of spinach, although, I do like it in a type of pasta, and some other select dishes.

☹ Do you like meat?

iu_229256_1568164.gif

Innuendo aside, I eat plenty of iron containing products, fortified cereal, beef, beans, and various other things, but I might not be eating enough, I dunno.

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-23 06:51:25

At 1/22/21 08:43 PM, SevenSeizeHasCookies wrote: I know it's mostly a chick problem

So, my dad has a chick problem. Noted.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-23 08:52:54

What's anemeia?

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-23 09:00:47

At 1/23/21 08:52 AM, PumpkinHeaDude wrote: What's anemeia?

Low iron in your blood

I've got low B12 and low Vit D as well, all 3 are super low and I'm probably gonna have to do stupid IVs because I already eat a diet high in iron take multivitamins.

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-23 09:38:31

At 1/23/21 09:00 AM, SevenSeizeHasCookies wrote:
Low iron in your blood

I've got low B12 and low Vit D as well, all 3 are super low and I'm probably gonna have to do stupid IVs because I already eat a diet high in iron take multivitamins.

Heres how to fix it.

1. Load up minecraft and find iron.

2. Download a mod that lets you eat it

3. Feel healthier!

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-23 13:44:44

Are you being eaten buy vampires or children

Psh get with it

Wut wut

$imlunchboxx

Buy ImLunchboxx dm me NOW!

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-23 14:34:13 (edited 2021-01-23 14:36:43)

sounds like you need to throw a BBQ party with lots of beer and sunlight

oh, wait, lockdowns and social distancing...

uh... throw a one-person party?

as for me, last time I checked my blood iron was doing fine, but I'll only know for sure later this week :T

Full size of signature's picture

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-23 14:37:29

Guess you'll have to drink the blood of others for sustenance. Huzzah.

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-23 14:46:29

At 1/23/21 02:37 PM, Joltopus wrote: Guess you'll have to drink the blood of others for sustenance. Huzzah.

Let's become vampires.

iu_229568_2278460.gif

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-23 14:58:33

At 1/23/21 02:37 PM, Joltopus wrote: Guess you'll have to drink the blood of others for sustenance. Huzzah.

Bold of you to assume I wasn't already doing so.

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-23 17:58:25

At 1/23/21 02:58 PM, SevenSeizeHasCookies wrote:
Bold of you to assume I wasn't already doing so.

Bold... Like how it feels to chew 5 gum?

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-23 19:28:36

How about iron supporting vitamins?

Did me a little googling and found this easy to read article.

Surprising how nutritious eggs are.

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-23 20:05:51

I eat plenty of seafood, meat, beans & greens, but I still have issues with this. I think it's an issue with the ol' kidneys from all the alkeehol I guzzle.

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-24 06:33:01

Low iron in your blood

Those are mad important vitamins!

Be advised that if you take a proton pump blocker (Prilosec et al) they will make you B12 deficient as all get-out.

Fun fact: So will Nitrous Oxide, but much faster.

This is important because your cells have a protective "sheathing" called myelin which is important to neurological synthesis.

Vitamin D is important to....well, foremost, not have scurvy. Scurvy sucks! And unless you're a pirate (unless -- wait, are you a pirate, matey?) then you 150% don't need that in your life! Oranges are your friend, if you're able to eat them. (Not allergic, etc.)

Two questions:

1. Do you chew on ice?
  2. Have you had a fever recently?

The kind of old they just don't make anymore!

[Had your submission unpublished? Click here!]

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-24 06:38:12

At 1/24/21 06:33 AM, Alexander wrote: Vitamin D is important to....well, foremost, not have scurvy. Scurvy sucks! And unless you're a pirate (unless -- wait, are you a pirate, matey?) then you 150% don't need that in your life! Oranges are your friend, if you're able to eat them. (Not allergic, etc.)

You're thinking of Vitamin C.

Also, @SevenSeizeHasCookies is a pirate.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-24 06:39:04

At 1/24/21 06:38 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 1/24/21 06:33 AM, Alexander wrote: Vitamin D is important to....well, foremost, not have scurvy. Scurvy sucks! And unless you're a pirate (unless -- wait, are you a pirate, matey?) then you 150% don't need that in your life! Oranges are your friend, if you're able to eat them. (Not allergic, etc.)
You're thinking of Vitamin C.

Also, @SevenSeizeHasCookies is a pirate.

Aye matey, that I do be. It's very early here.

The kind of old they just don't make anymore!

[Had your submission unpublished? Click here!]

BBS Signature

Response to Anemia? 2021-01-24 07:34:06

At 1/24/21 06:33 AM, Alexander wrote:
Low iron in your blood

Those are mad important vitamins!

Be advised that if you take a proton pump blocker (Prilosec et al) they will make you B12 deficient as all get-out.

I don't, but I take Tums like daily because lame acid reflux.

Fun fact: So will Nitrous Oxide, but much faster.
This is important because your cells have a protective "sheathing" called myelin which is important to neurological synthesis.

Vitamin D is important to....well, foremost, not have scurvy. Scurvy sucks! And unless you're a pirate (unless -- wait, are you a pirate, matey?) then you 150% don't need that in your life! Oranges are your friend, if you're able to eat them. (Not allergic, etc.)

Two questions:

I used to want sonic ice all the time but that's calmed down

I feel like I have a fever at least once a week, like chills, achy, whole 9 yards but then I don't actually have one.

BBS Signature