00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AlsoTlant just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What Would You Name Your Kids?

306 Views | 16 Replies

What Would You Name Your Kids? 2020-11-15 12:18:27

This is just a hypothetical thread, so humor me on this if you don't plan on having kids. And if you do have kids, up to you whether you want to mention their names and such.

Anyways, what would you name your kids and why? What wouldn't you name them?

As for me, I do want to be a parent one day I'm not yet sure what I'd actually name 'em. I just want two kids, a boy and a girl, but I know it's up to fate to decide. It's easier to say what I don't want to name 'em, such as names that would be embarrassing to have growing up (like Dick for example). Also don't want to name one of them after myself as that would seem a tad egotistical on my part, and I'm someone who'd like to have a humble image than than a big ego one. I'd be fine with one of my grandchildren being named after me as it'll be their parent's decision, not mine.

One thing I would do before naming any of my kids is to actually "do my homework" on names, see the meaning and history behind them before making my decision. That way the names I do pick would be meaningful and fitting. Of course, a good place to start with that is using my family names as reference, such as of course my own.

Response to What Would You Name Your Kids? 2020-11-15 12:27:39

I haven't thought of a name for a son but

for a daughter I picked something that rhymes daughter: Dodder

Response to What Would You Name Your Kids? 2020-11-15 12:38:17

See now that’s a good question I haven’t thought of a name yet if I do have kids I don’t want them to have basic names

Response to What Would You Name Your Kids? 2020-11-15 12:43:00

I had an OC named Christian that I was like "oh I'll name my kid this"

Now I don't know tbh

I do like the name Absidee, even though it's a relatively new name (and even though it's original is literally just Abcde but pronounced like a word)

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Mistake #1 and mistake #2.

iu_194717_1809211.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to What Would You Name Your Kids? 2020-11-15 15:16:38

iu_194766_8146500.jpg

signature by jackho

BBS Signature

Unless some mystical parent gene or hormone kicks in in middle age I don't think I'll be having children for the foreseeable future. As it stands, seeing others spend their 20s makes me feel sorry for all parties involved, and given how the present and future might be spanning out, well...30s, 40s or even any age doesn't make sense.

That said, if I were to name my kids it'd probably be a name out of a baby book. Nothing too strange, that'd just be setting them up for failure. Even if they can get their name changed (and I know a few who did so) it's a hassle to do so after the fact.

When was the last time you changed your signature?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to What Would You Name Your Kids? 2020-11-15 15:30:04

At 11/15/20 03:24 PM, Gimmick wrote: Nothing too strange, that'd just be setting them up for failure.

Yeah, I totally agree, also usually the parents who name their kids in strange names are weirdos.

Response to What Would You Name Your Kids? 2020-11-15 17:02:37

My kids are gonna freak out seeing their names in a random Newgrounds thread years before they were born.

Wolfgang sounds pretty dope but also very old fashioned at the same time.

I also thought about Aristotle and Benedict but they might also sound a bit pretentious.

Leonardo and Augusto also sound nice.

As for a girl name I haven't really thought about it much, but I like the name Julie!

Response to What Would You Name Your Kids? 2020-11-15 17:05:38

At 11/15/20 03:24 PM, Gimmick wrote: Unless some mystical parent gene or hormone kicks in in middle age I don't think I'll be having children for the foreseeable future. As it stands, seeing others spend their 20s makes me feel sorry for all parties involved, and given how the present and future might be spanning out, well...30s, 40s or even any age doesn't make sense.

Interesting viewpoint. Not that it's wrong or anything, I just find it interesting and I respect it.

And how is that question relevant to the thread's topic? Plus it's a bit rude to point that out as others may have their own reasons for not doing so. I just barely touched mine in years as I have better things to do.

Response to What Would You Name Your Kids? 2020-11-15 18:08:24

Serious answer: something normal that doesn't remind me of any bad pupils.

Joke answer: Nads, so when they're doing sports I can cheer them on "Go Nads!"

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

At 11/15/20 05:05 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
And how is that question relevant to the thread's topic?

The context was regarding getting a name changed later in life.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to What Would You Name Your Kids? 2020-11-15 21:30:37

Name ur child whatever this guy is saying here:

Response to What Would You Name Your Kids? 2020-11-16 02:44:56

I've never wish to have kids but I have many names in my mind for them if I'll have a kid. And I didn't even remember one of my ideal names for them :P

Response to What Would You Name Your Kids? 2020-11-16 05:47:39

If its a boy i would name him Jimmy and if its a girl id name her Riley.

this is the reason i choose those names

Floating in space

BBS Signature

Response to What Would You Name Your Kids? 2020-11-16 11:01:14

At 11/15/20 06:26 PM, Peaceblossom wrote: Dick
Gaylord
Gaye
Irmgard
Pansy
Weezel
Knuckles
Shithawk

iu_195056_8146500.jpg

signature by jackho

BBS Signature

Definitely not something like "X Æ A-12" unless I hated them.

I'd name a boy Maurice and a girl Undyne for reasons. Not that it'd be their first name. :)

"Hold me Gently, Kiss me Plenty!"

BBS Signature