00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

musti727 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can I have some help?

134 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Can I have some help? 2020-10-23 23:06:55

Greetings.

I create a webcomic called Magicka Bipolaroid. I update it every week day, (mon - fri), or at least every weekday that I can - and I do believe I've been fairly consistent. I've been working at this for roughly seven to eight weeks at this point, and I'm happy so far with what I've done.

With that said, I understand that I am a very limited artist. I play to my strengths and keep it colourful, but ultimately I am a places person first and foremost, and a character person probably third. I understand that my work could be alot better, and I would like some honest, merciless, and harsh feedback so that way I can learn to suck less as quickly as possible.

Tying into this - and the reason I've made this thread - is that I was, at one point, scouted. I do not remember who by, unfortunately, but I was. Then, I noticed today that I am no longer scouted. This presented an unfortunate possibility...

... either, I had stonedly not been careful about who I scout - though I don't think I've scouted many people - or my art is bad. Either way, if someone has the ability, please explain to me straightforwardly which of these two - if not both - is the case, and how to rectify the issue fairly immediately.

Once again, if the issue is my art, I would like straight up, merciless, harsh criticism. The harsher it is, the more I know what sucks, and thus, the more I know that I have to work on definitely and improve. Similarly, if there are exercises or legitimate practice routines - beyond just "draw alot" obviously, I draw every day - please share them with me. I endeavor to improve as quickly as possible, and that is only possible if I work as hard as possible and am made aware of my flaws as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your time, and for reading all of this post. If this gets deleted, I sincerely apologize to whoever ends up deleting these things.