00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

horndogg60 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Scouting Question

143 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Scouting Question 2020-10-20 13:45:57

Hey all,

I love looking at art and supporting artists who make good stuff, but I have run into an issue.

There's one artist who just started posting on NG. I really want to recommend them to the art portal, however, after doing a reverse Google search of their art, I found that it was posted by a Deviantart account a year ago. The NG account in question lists their location as the same as the Deviantart account, however their username is different from their Deviantart, they don't link to their Deviantart in their NG bio, and they only have 3 of their works posted on NG.

Is this something I should flag? Or... should I contact the NG account in question to sort out their bio? Should I try to contact the Deviantart account even though they've been inactive?

What would you all do?

I have to go pick up some dialysis stuff for my gramps in a little bit, so I won't be able to respond for a few hours.

BBS Signature

Response to Scouting Question 2020-10-20 14:01:43 (edited 2020-10-20 14:02:07)

At 10/20/20 01:45 PM, Jubal-the-Wizard wrote: Hey all,

I love looking at art and supporting artists who make good stuff, but I have run into an issue.

There's one artist who just started posting on NG. I really want to recommend them to the art portal, however, after doing a reverse Google search of their art, I found that it was posted by a Deviantart account a year ago. The NG account in question lists their location as the same as the Deviantart account, however their username is different from their Deviantart, they don't link to their Deviantart in their NG bio, and they only have 3 of their works posted on NG.

Is this something I should flag? Or... should I contact the NG account in question to sort out their bio? Should I try to contact the Deviantart account even though they've been inactive?

What would you all do?

I have to go pick up some dialysis stuff for my gramps in a little bit, so I won't be able to respond for a few hours.

I would assume the best and that they simply changed their username.

Edit: Hope everything goes well with gramps.

Response to Scouting Question 2020-10-20 17:06:25

If that same DeviantArt account links back to that same NG account, its safe to assume they own both account. If they don't, try asking the DA account if they own the NG account.

If the answer is no, flag away and rake in those whistle points.

Response to Scouting Question 2020-10-20 19:28:43

This has reminded me that I have a deviant art page but haven’t uploaded anything in some time...... thanks I guess