00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

AIM 2020 Submissions Thread!

23,760 Views | 108 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-06-22 20:53:17

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-06-22 20:56:53

Evenin' everyone

Submission:

Inspiration Art Piece:

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-06-22 21:25:33

Thank you for hosting this competition, I didn't really have anything much to do during quarantine. When I've heard about AIM, it inspired me to create something new and better from what I've done from my past projects. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to grow :`)

Anyways here's my submission:

And the artwork I'm inspired by:

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-06-22 22:27:16

I almost thought I might not make it for this year, but somehow I managed to finish a composition at the last moment. Thank you for hosting this competition again!

My entry:

The art:

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-06-22 22:33:36

Thought I might as well make something.

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-06-22 23:25:55

Hey....... I've made it on time

......second submission (I'm now tired)

Based of:

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-06-23 00:03:16

I know I'm a bit late but please consider my music!!!!!

here's my AIM Submission Singularity

and a big thanks to @Kamikaye for allowing use of his art!

"People say my music tells a story, that it transports them into a new plain of reality. I'd like to tell that story and perhaps show you something wonderful" - Teckmo-X

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-06-23 00:04:59

Here's my second piece;

Again thanks to @Kamikaye for letting me use his artwork;

"People say my music tells a story, that it transports them into a new plain of reality. I'd like to tell that story and perhaps show you something wonderful" - Teckmo-X

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-06-23 00:25:36

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-06-23 02:53:26

Quick-composed in 3 hours. Submitted with less than 10 mins to spare

ENTRY 2

ART

| Multi-Genre Composer, Main Preferences Are Atmosphere Crafting & Technical Detailing/Palettes | Audio Portal Moderator |

| FREE Audio Resources List For Composers | NG Audio Pub Discord | NG Audio Iceberg Challenge | Follow These Legends! |

BBS Signature

Hey all, this post officially marks the end of the submissions period! The turnout this year is significantly bigger, with over double the amount of entries from last year. I'm very excited to listen to all of them. 

Here's what you can expect from this compo over the next few weeks:

• @Troisnyx, @vocaloutburst, @Seth and I will be judging the entries. 20 entries will be selected to go into the AIM 2020 compilation album, and within that pool, a first, second and third place entry (ie. 3 winners + 17 runner-ups). Results will be given in a separate thread, and I'm aiming for the second or third week of July to announce them. If there is a delay in judging, this submissions thread will be updated with a different timeframe.
  • Listen to all the entries in the official AIM 2020 playlist and vote on your favourite entries in a separate thread (right here). Anyone can participate (minus judges), and the entry with the highest amount of votes will be included in the album as a bonus "fan favourite"! 

Lastly, our sponsor for this AIM is Soundtheory, and they are giving out the following:

• 1st place: Free copy of Gullfoss
  • 2nd, 3rd, and Fan Favorite: 50% coupon for Gullfoss

iu_135158_4990163.png

Winners will be given their prize via email. 

Thank you for participating and good luck to all participants! And a friendly reminder to use the Discussions thread to leave any comments or ask questions. This thread will only be used, from now on, to update you all on prizes and the status of the compo. 

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-06-24 02:57:42

Hello everyone,

To make it easier to find entries and the artworks in which they were inspired by, I have put together a Google doc with links to both the entries and the art. Although most entries have the art linked in the description, some only have art links in the thread and some do not have embedded links in the submissions thread, which can make searching for said entries difficult.

Here's a link to the doc.

Every entry with their art inspiration is linked, including the ones in the description, just in case. Happy listening! :)

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-07-14 06:57:19

Hello everyone, I want to mention that judging the entries is still in progress. I'm hoping to announce results some time next week, however, if that is not the case, I will make another follow-up announcement in this thread. There are a lot of entries to get through compared to last year's. It's great to see so much participation for this contest, but it also means it takes more time to listen and evaluate them all. But we will (hopefully) be wrapping up soon.

In the meantime, be sure to vote in the Fan Favourites Thread if you haven't already. That could also use some more votes too.

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-07-23 05:55:04

Deliberation is officially wrapping up, just need to run through some picks with the other judges, but assuming that all goes smoothly, the results could be ready by the end of this week, if not the start of the next. Thank you all for your patience.

In the meantime, the fan favourites voting thread is still open, so if you haven't voted yet, feel free to link one entry from this contest that you like the most (and to clarify, it can be an entry that was already linked in the thread). I realize that there are a lot of entries this time around, and I probably should have made it so that you could put a top 10 or something. But I do have an idea on how to determine the fan vote, if it's not using the thread itself. I've made a post about it in the discussions thread, so feel free to comment on it if you'd like.

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-07-23 19:19:00

OH! I almost forgot to mention, but @RealFaction has offered to interview the first place winner of this year's AIM on @OffTheWallShow. If the first place winner declines to be interviewed, it will be passed down to the second place winner, then the third.

I realize the multiple posts appended to the end of the threads are very confusing (I wish I could update the original post), but the full list will be reiterated in the results thread once everything is finalized.

While I'm here, the proofs for the USB drives have been finalized and will be distributed to the winners. Thanks to @Frostyflytrap for the design!

iu_147135_4990163.jpg

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-07-29 19:45:39

At 7/23/20 05:55 AM, Random-storykeeper wrote: ...assuming that all goes smoothly, the results could be ready by the end of this week, if not the start of the next. Thank you all for your patience.

Any chance of an update on the status of the contest results?

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-07-29 23:18:39

At 7/29/20 07:45 PM, ChronoNomad wrote:
At 7/23/20 05:55 AM, Random-storykeeper wrote: ...assuming that all goes smoothly, the results could be ready by the end of this week, if not the start of the next. Thank you all for your patience.
Any chance of an update on the status of the contest results?

Results will be up on August 1! Sorry it took a while; we had the top 3 ready to go but were narrowing down the runner-ups. I’ll be giving the 24 hour warning for the fan vote tomorrow so that anyone who still plans to vote can get their picks in.

(note that I live in the PST time zone, so the results may come out on August 2 for some people)

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-08-05 02:40:38

Have the results been posted up?

BBS Signature

Response to AIM 2020 Submissions Thread! 2020-08-05 02:42:15

At 8/5/20 02:40 AM, shlowmo wrote: Have the results been posted up?

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1455106 yeah :D

---Plasma Glow Music---

BBS Signature