00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

edbyrd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

VOICE ACTING PROJECT ($$$)

1,428 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello everyone!

I am currently working on a large project that requires many writers and voice actors to come together to create original content that is to be released sometime in March.

Currently there is a large opening for additional voice actors. Accents, diversity, and female voices are genuinely appreciated for applying.

CURRENT TEAM

Many voice actors also write scripts, and I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be working with everyone on producing original content.

That being said(!) now that I have a better grip on everyone's abilities, there is still room for more! Voice acting is a perfected craft that takes time and effort to complete, so it takes a while for a commission to conform to their personal schedule. We can only output so much with only so much diversity in content!

What I need from voice actors, currently:

• More accents and languages such as Australian, German, Spanish, Japanese, etc.
  • Diversity in ethnicity such as African American, Asian, Hispanic, Arabic, etc.
  • Female voice actors! There is only so much diversity we can accomplish with having only 3 female voices currently
  • Male voice actors! Yes, we have plenty, but there is still a range of southern and manly that we cannot obtain.
  • You, in general! Again, for a script to be finished it requires everyone to not be busy in order to record it. This just isn't feasible for small time frames, so we require extra help in order to regularly produce more content.

If after reading this, you feel you're up for the task of working alongside a creative team of individual voice actors and writers from Newgrounds, then please apply by sending me a personal message containing a demo voice reel and any previous works you would like to mention!

This project is very vast and mainly pioneers off original ideas ranging from comedy to the more dark and dramatic. There is no topic we are too sensitive to approach, and no creative idea we are not willing to explore. it's a Newgrounds project, so really the sky's the limit with how far we're willing to take the content!

• Voice acting commission pricing: The dollar amount between $0.25 a word and $2 a line.
  • Writing commission pricing: A negotiated amount that is normally $20 for a 2 minute script and idea.

Please contact me with any questions.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration!

-Xinxinix

Head of GRNDSBreaking Commercial Team

xinxinix.newgrounds.com

*xin laugh*

Response to VOICE ACTING PROJECT ($$$) 2020-04-05 17:16:27

I realized I put "March" instead of "May". It's supposed to be released sometime in May.

I apologize for the typo~!

*xin laugh*

Response to VOICE ACTING PROJECT ($$$) 2020-04-07 11:29:53

At 4/5/20 04:44 PM, Xinxinix wrote: Hello everyone!

I am currently working on a large project that requires many writers and voice actors to come together to create original content that is to be released sometime in March.

Currently there is a large opening for additional voice actors. Accents, diversity, and female voices are genuinely appreciated for applying.

CURRENT TEAM

Many voice actors also write scripts, and I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be working with everyone on producing original content.

That being said(!) now that I have a better grip on everyone's abilities, there is still room for more! Voice acting is a perfected craft that takes time and effort to complete, so it takes a while for a commission to conform to their personal schedule. We can only output so much with only so much diversity in content!

If after reading this, you feel you're up for the task of working alongside a creative team of individual voice actors and writers from Newgrounds, then please apply by sending me a personal message containing a demo voice reel and any previous works you would like to mention!

This project is very vast and mainly pioneers off original ideas ranging from comedy to the more dark and dramatic. There is no topic we are too sensitive to approach, and no creative idea we are not willing to explore. it's a Newgrounds project, so really the sky's the limit with how far we're willing to take the content!

-Xinxinix
xinxinix.newgrounds.com

Sent you a message bro x

The British voice actor of justice!

BBS Signature

Response to VOICE ACTING PROJECT ($$$) 2020-04-14 19:36:36

Messaging you right now

I'm that guy everyone's mom wants their daughter to date. So as you can imagine.....I'm a very lonely person :)

Response to VOICE ACTING PROJECT ($$$) 2020-04-17 19:49:42

How good of a microphone/recording stuff do I need (I'm working off my chromebook so if you have any audio/recording programs I could use please let me know) I have a recording app but that's just about it. I can do a lot of accents and voices too.

BBS Signature

Response to VOICE ACTING PROJECT ($$$) 2020-04-18 08:42:06

CURRENT TEAM

-Xinxinix
xinxinix.newgrounds.com

If you are still looking for diverse voice actors I am a dutch male voice actor and id love to help.

Response to VOICE ACTING PROJECT ($$$) 2020-04-19 16:02:58

At 4/17/20 07:49 PM, DrakeDunGaming wrote: How good of a microphone/recording stuff do I need (I'm working off my chromebook so if you have any audio/recording programs I could use please let me know) I have a recording app but that's just about it. I can do a lot of accents and voices too.

If you do not have quality equipment, then it will be hard to find a role within the group because there are many voice actors I currently work with that have really clean and clear recordings.

Small update: This project is and always will be available to apply for.

If you have sent me a message and I have not responded, it is because there might be room in the future for your talents. Your chances of receiving a reply is increased drastically if you include a demo reel as well.

We are currently STACKED on male and female voice actors. It is very important to me that I have enough work for everyone in the group, and by adding additional talent it will not only give my current voice actors less work, but also limit your role in the group unless you meet some of the criteria below.

Talents that will increase your chances with being accepted into this group project:

• Being of a diverse ethnicity or being able to portray one accurately
  • Able to translate and communicate through a different language.
  • Demo reels that showcase the whole range of your voice acting abilities.
  • Multiple different accents with previous works that display such talent.

I sincerely appreciate everyone who has applied and came into contact with me for this project, because completing this podcast not only means a lot to me, but I like to believe it means a lot for the future of creative collaboration.

This will not be a one-off. There are hopes and plans for many different episodes going into the future.

Thank you again to everyone who has applied to this project, and I hope I can find even more talent that encompasses the whole of Newgrounds' voice acting and writing moving forward.

Xinxinix

Head of GRNDSBreaking

xinxinix.newgrounds.com

*xin laugh*

Response to VOICE ACTING PROJECT ($$$) 2020-04-19 17:45:31

It's all good my dude. I probably wouldn't be able to do an episodic thing anyways. I'm new to Newgrounds and would like to help out and put my voice out there, if you have any recommendations on where to get gigs that would be very helpful. Thank you for not just leaving me without a response and good luck on the project to you and everyone working on it.

BBS Signature

Response to VOICE ACTING PROJECT ($$$) 2020-04-20 18:48:28

CURRENT TEAM

-Xinxinix
xinxinix.newgrounds.com

Hello, I am an experienced actor and writer, most of my performances have been live and onstage, if you'd like video reference I do have some recorded plays. I am also a talented writer with a passion for preforming arts. I am able to do accents, the ones I do best are Russian, Aussie, light Brit, and German. I am very available due to Covid-19 and school closures. Also, I do have quality and professional equipment to record with at my disposal so you can be assured that any audio files you may need of me voice acting will sound very good. Focusing on my writing skills,I can share with you any number of manuscripts I'm working on and short stories as reference. I am a very creative person and am very interested into joining you team. If any of this information I have shared spikes your interests, please PM me, thanks.

Response to VOICE ACTING PROJECT ($$$) 2020-05-02 16:26:46

Hello! Are you still looking for folks? If so, I'd love to throw my hat into the ring. I'm fairly new to the professional side of voice acting, but I can pull off a fairly wide range of voices for a lady, I have a writing degree, so I could help with scripts as well.

Response to VOICE ACTING PROJECT ($$$) 2020-05-02 16:36:30

At 5/2/20 04:26 PM, WeeMareep wrote: Hello! Are you still looking for folks? If so, I'd love to throw my hat into the ring. I'm fairly new to the professional side of voice acting, but I can pull off a fairly wide range of voices for a lady, I have a writing degree, so I could help with scripts as well.

I am absolutely still looking for voice actors, but the main issue being the production time it will take for EPISODE 2 to actually begin heading underway.

Please send me a PM with a demo reel and I will get back to you depending on the variety/dynamic you bring to the team. Some applicants will expect delayed responses. If you apply and do not receive a response, it's simply because there may be an opening in the future! You must understand that I'm currently working with many voice actors and writers at the moment so there's an over-saturation at this point, and for everybody to be treated fairly, I have to make sure to manage the talent as equally as possible.

Specifically for writing, I wouldn't say there's a high demand, but there is a slight opening. If you could forward your writing skills over to me in the form of a PM, that would be really helpful! I will be sure to give you my thoughts on your application and get back to you as soon as possible!

Xinxinix

Head of GRNDSBreaking

*xin laugh*

Response to VOICE ACTING PROJECT ($$$) 2020-05-02 22:48:46

Hi, I'm a female Australian voice actor with plenty of experience in character and commercial work and with a home studio and I would like to be involved. My website with my demos is www.ceceliaramsdalevoice.com

Looking froward to hearing more.

Cecelia

Response to VOICE ACTING PROJECT ($$$) 2020-05-03 13:27:29

Sending you a link to some sample reels both here, and in your DM's. Here's hoping...

https://soundcloud.com/noahd-3/sets/concept-pieces-demos

Response to VOICE ACTING PROJECT ($$$) 2020-05-07 15:46:26

Sent you a message! Would love to collab ;)

https://soundcloud.com/michael-o-reyes/sets/voice-acting

Response to VOICE ACTING PROJECT ($$$) 2020-05-25 09:16:33