00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

horndogg60 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best way to do commissions?

245 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Best way to do commissions? 2020-03-27 22:19:15

Hey, there! I've recently opened commissions and I'm just wondering how I can promote it as best as I can? What do you guys do?

I'm not good enough to do those yet, but plenty of people will make an image or two demonstrating their menu of services/prices, and post those on all their social medias. Throw in some relevant hashtags to get attention. Make a News Post on your NG account here. If you follow these kinds of artists (Instagram, Twitter), look at how they do it.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Best way to do commissions? 2020-03-28 16:15:47

At 3/28/20 01:04 AM, HipnikDragomir wrote: I'm not good enough to do those yet, but plenty of people will make an image or two demonstrating their menu of services/prices, and post those on all their social medias. Throw in some relevant hashtags to get attention. Make a News Post on your NG account here. If you follow these kinds of artists (Instagram, Twitter), look at how they do it.

Hmm good point. That`s actually exactly what I did!

Response to Best way to do commissions? 2020-03-28 17:11:02

Post good art often. If you're on Twitter you can pin your Tweet and there might be commission art share threads so keep a look out. Some artists like to do 'Your character here' auctions to get sales. Doing some fanart or following a current trend might help promote your work.

Blooming even after the darkest of seasons

Response to Best way to do commissions? 2020-03-28 21:48:21

At 3/28/20 05:11 PM, Lillendandie wrote: Post good art often. If you're on Twitter you can pin your Tweet and there might be commission art share threads so keep a lookout. Some artists like to do 'Your character here' auctions to get sales. Doing some fanart or following a current trend might help promote your work.

That's a great idea! I did the pin tweet part. Whats a 'your character here' auction?

Response to Best way to do commissions? 2020-10-17 11:35:23

At 3/27/20 10:19 PM, CerealOwl wrote: Hey, there! I've recently opened commissions and I'm just wondering how I can promote it as best as I can? What do you guys do?

Ask ask ask ask ask ask and ask

really ask

don't forget that you need some art samples so that prospecting commissionners know what you can do

your current gallery is pretty much empty to people do not know what you can do

also, if you have alternate places where you post art, you can link to them in your newgrounds account