00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

monarchwisteria just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My art process

492 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My art process 2020-03-23 02:02:52

Some of my fans wanted to see my process work so here are some.These pieces usually take me around 4-8 hours depending on how stupid I am at trying figure things out(Feedback is always welcome!) I usually start by making 2-5 thumbnails and pick one that I enjoy the most and refine it, then I pick a background color with the base colors in mind, at this point I would usually merge the layers together adding smaller details and fixing some of the issues overtime.(taking small breaks usually give me a fresh look on the piece and let see more mistakes that could be fixed) Then finally I change around the lighting and colors a bit more if it is necessary.iu_103442_7306860.jpgiu_103443_7306860.jpgiu_103444_7306860.jpg

Response to My art process 2020-03-24 00:04:07

Cool, i like the second one!

Response to My art process 2020-03-24 00:26:16

At 3/24/20 12:04 AM, Kooho wrote: Cool, i like the second

Thanks man! glad you like it~ still learning a lot of things so feedback is always welcome too :)

Response to My art process 2020-03-24 17:24:24

At 3/23/20 02:02 AM, CowFDoodles wrote: Some of my fans wanted to see my process work so here are some.These pieces usually take me around 4-8 hours depending on how stupid I am at trying figure things out(Feedback is always welcome!) I usually start by making 2-5 thumbnails and pick one that I enjoy the most and refine it, then I pick a background color with the base colors in mind, at this point I would usually merge the layers together adding smaller details and fixing some of the issues overtime.(taking small breaks usually give me a fresh look on the piece and let see more mistakes that could be fixed) Then finally I change around the lighting and colors a bit more if it is necessary.

cool . I wish I could do something like that. I m not an expert but i m trying. Good luck with that!

Response to My art process 2020-03-24 17:35:50

At 3/23/20 02:02 AM, CowFDoodles wrote: Some of my fans wanted to see my process work so here are some.These pieces usually take me around 4-8 hours depending on how stupid I am at trying figure things out(Feedback is always welcome!) I usually start by making 2-5 thumbnails and pick one that I enjoy the most and refine it, then I pick a background color with the base colors in mind, at this point I would usually merge the layers together adding smaller details and fixing some of the issues overtime.(taking small breaks usually give me a fresh look on the piece and let see more mistakes that could be fixed) Then finally I change around the lighting and colors a bit more if it is necessary.

Wery Nice

Response to My art process 2020-03-24 20:57:21

At 3/24/20 05:24 PM, Andreiut wrote:
cool . I wish I could do something like that. I m not an expert but i m trying. Good luck with that!

Everyone starts somewhere im still learning alot of things at the moment as well we just have to keep it up~ :)

Response to My art process 2020-03-26 22:20:59

This give some insight into your work process it really nice to see how everyone works. Even though I myself don't draw I really enjoy seeing the process, I watch a friend draw while I write often.

Response to My art process 2020-03-27 01:44:58

At 3/26/20 10:20 PM, Muffin-Glove wrote:
This give some insight into your work process it really nice to see how everyone works. Even though I myself don't draw I really enjoy seeing the process, I watch a friend draw while I write often.

Thats nice to hear that you have a friend that you have time to work with your own personal stuff! and I think I will update this page whenever I have time to create new pieces.

Response to My art process 2020-03-31 09:01:57

Another batch of artwork processes to share :)iu_105916_7306860.jpgiu_105915_7306860.jpgiu_105914_7306860.jpg

Response to My art process 2020-10-07 22:39:36

Very cool to see how you do it. I used to paint similarily when i was still using acrylics instead of the computer..now i create 100 layers and waste my time on details xD thanks for sharing!

open for commissions

Response to My art process 2020-10-09 02:27:17

At 10/7/20 10:39 PM, theguestquester wrote: Very cool to see how you do it. I used to paint similarily when i was still using acrylics instead of the computer..now i create 100 layers and waste my time on details xD thanks for sharing!

Actually completely forgot I made this post lmao, but now that it has been roughly 4/5 months my process has changed a bit too, no longer am i trying to blend the lines into the colors as i've decided that made the overall pieces more unclean, and learn how to do lineless paintings on the side somewhere else, and hey that's what layers are for right and np~ :P

Response to My art process 2020-10-13 18:01:00

At 10/9/20 02:27 AM, CowFDoodles wrote:

Yeah, we all evolve our process and with it our style. Thats the beauty of it. Sometimes however, i wonder if a process can also get worse ..i painted a human heart and some stuff for a commission recently and that heart alone had about 20 layers xD

open for commissions

Response to My art process 2020-10-13 20:50:58

At 10/13/20 06:01 PM, theguestquester wrote:
At 10/9/20 02:27 AM, CowFDoodles wrote:
Yeah, we all evolve our process and with it our style. Thats the beauty of it. Sometimes however, i wonder if a process can also get worse ..i painted a human heart and some stuff for a commission recently and that heart alone had about 20 layers xD

I dont think thats necessarily a bad thing? I mean if using layers overall makes it better then I honestly don't see a problem, I used to doubt my own growth a lot(still do but a lot less) but you can always compare your old art and see if there is an improvement and if there is I wouldn't really say your layer thing is a problem some people use like 100 layers for their pieces and I use about 20-50ish sometimes depending on how large it is.

Response to My art process 2020-10-13 21:12:50 (edited 2020-10-13 21:19:53)

It is maybe just a bad thing for me. I am constantly trying to reduce layers. I have learned: less layers - it looks more painterly and expressive and i become quicker..also i have a weak computer and once a painting reaches 2-3 GB(opened-> the little size-display at the bottom left corner), Photoshop starts acting slow and very funny. Some things however just need a lot of layers still. Metal for example almost always needs about 5 layers or it will look like crap when i paint it.

open for commissions

Response to My art process 2020-10-13 21:41:46

At 10/13/20 09:12 PM, theguestquester wrote: It is maybe just a bad thing for me. I am constantly trying to reduce layers. I have learned: less layers - it looks more painterly and expressive and i become quicker..also i have a weak computer and once a painting reaches 2-3 GB(opened-> the little size-display at the bottom left corner), Photoshop starts acting slow and very funny. Some things however just need a lot of layers still. Metal for example almost always needs about 5 layers or it will look like crap when i paint it.

Ah I see think less layers just makes things easier to blend and personally I don't use photoshop so I don't know how much it would lag for me, and I agree I usually do have more layers for shiny metallic materials :P