00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MadManOnMeds just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Syntrus's Portfolio Thread

1,477 Views | 22 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

iu_97620_1421890.jpg

art by @lobstermango

- Talk a little bit about yourself and your music style in the opening post, perhaps discuss your musical background and what you use to make music. This can be helpful to other aspiring artists,

Hey I'm Syntrus I like long walks on the beach and I have a pointy nose fetish, I largely have this "pointy nose fetish" because I saw a pair of ostriches mating at the zoo during my formative years. In Junior High I started my journey in music by taking up the Oboe, the oboe was the instrument representing the duck in Peter and the Wolf and I thought it was cute. In Jr. High I was given an award for best musician, and continued my musical journey into High School. In High School my friend showed me his older brothers music on Newgrounds and I was dazzled. That user is @flashburn perhaps you've heard of him? After hearing Flashburns music and talking with him I got a copy of FL Studio that year for Christmas from my Dad, I have used FL Studio in its various incarnations on every computer I have owned. My go to VST Plugins are the Arturia Mini V and the Korg Ms-20. I use other plugins but those are largely trade secrets, I don't want you to jack my steez.

NG was a very different site back in the day and there was a bit of a toxic culture particularly in the audio portal forums, I took a lot of crap but I made my mark in a number of competitions.

Zero Level was my first ever competition winner, and was played on the front page of newgrounds during the redesign.

As a result it was used as menu music in many game submissions, and remains my most popular submission to date.

Another popular submission from the early days was Syntology which was front paged.

Syntology was named after scientology which was really gaining steam, I released this track on the eve of that infamous Tom Cruise interview.

Include a few tracks you've posted on Newgrounds (I think ~3 would be a sensible minimum for starting a portfolio thread.)

I made some particularly great tracks last year and I will now share them all, I really want to show them off!

- When posting newly completed tracks in the thread later, talk a little bit about them instead of just dumping the link.

Here is my new one it was inspired by Kavinsky, I'm still sort of working on it. I really liked Grand Theft Auto Vice City baack in the day, and it has that energy in my opinion.

Only start a portfolio thread if you have work to show off that is on Newgrounds.

So wait @mich I can't share my spotify or my bandcamp? That's odd.

Thanks for your time and feel free to review!

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-03-08 17:56:34

At 2/29/20 07:43 PM, Syntrus wrote:
art by @lobstermango
- Talk a little bit about yourself and your music style in the opening post, perhaps discuss your musical background and what you use to make music. This can be helpful to other aspiring artists,
Hey I'm Syntrus I like long walks on the beach and I have a pointy nose fetish, I largely have this "pointy nose fetish" because I saw a pair of ostriches mating at the zoo during my formative years. In Junior High I started my journey in music by taking up the Oboe, the oboe was the instrument representing the duck in Peter and the Wolf and I thought it was cute. In Jr. High I was given an award for best musician, and continued my musical journey into High School. In High School my friend showed me his older brothers music on Newgrounds and I was dazzled. That user is @flashburn perhaps you've heard of him? After hearing Flashburns music and talking with him I got a copy of FL Studio that year for Christmas from my Dad, I have used FL Studio in its various incarnations on every computer I have owned. My go to VST Plugins are the Arturia Mini V and the Korg Ms-20. I use other plugins but those are largely trade secrets, I don't want you to jack my steez.

NG was a very different site back in the day and there was a bit of a toxic culture particularly in the audio portal forums, I took a lot of crap but I made my mark in a number of competitions.

//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/53365

Zero Level was my first ever competition winner, and was played on the front page of newgrounds during the redesign.
As a result it was used as menu music in many game submissions, and remains my most popular submission to date.

Another popular submission from the early days was Syntology which was front paged.
//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/124518
Syntology was named after scientology which was really gaining steam, I released this track on the eve of that infamous Tom Cruise interview.

Thanks for the shout out syntrus!!!

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-03-14 22:47:10

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

The Blurred Playlist is a rad collecton of music I made when I was in a weird mood. Go check these songs out!

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-04-02 10:24:47

LISTEN TO THIS DUDE. HE'S BRILLIANT.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-04-02 11:41:49

At 4/2/20 10:24 AM, pitbulljones wrote: LISTEN TO THIS DUDE. HE'S BRILLIANT.

@pitbulljones hey thanks dude!

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-04-10 23:31:46

What I made so far during social isolation! picture by @lobstermangoiu_109632_1421890.png

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-04-24 15:00:25

Vice Cops will eventually be a complete album on bandcamp check out it's progress!

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-05-09 22:34:13

It's true a crazy chick from highschool added me.

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-05-18 19:57:02

Better to leave the explanation for this one on another website.

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Literally it drives me crazy when people are vague.

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-05-24 18:43:31

That last one didn’t feel right for whatever reason. So it’s off the album and off the website this one however...

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-06-14 23:11:48

So this one, I can't really talk about it too much it would be too much personal information. So I'm just going to let the song play and let you listen.

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

its a metaphor!

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-07-02 15:47:22

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-07-24 01:02:35

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-07-26 02:01:35

I paid real money for this dudes album.

Seriously, £2.50 ish. Worth every single penny and more.

I have seen syntrus develop over a decade and more, he has a signature tone and it's funky as shit. He is a master of post modern house.

BUY THE FUCKING ALBUM

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-07-26 02:15:04

At 7/26/20 02:01 AM, pitbulljones wrote: I paid real money for this dudes album.

Seriously, £2.50 ish. Worth every single penny and more.

I have seen syntrus develop over a decade and more, he has a signature tone and it's funky as shit. He is a master of post modern house.

BUY THE FUCKING ALBUM

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-07-27 19:30:50

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-09-06 00:57:06

Now with More Pulp on spotify

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-09-15 00:40:25

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Syntrus's Portfolio Thread 2020-09-23 03:04:14

BUY HIS ALBUM

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature