00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle

21,843 Views | 148 Replies

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-02-03 16:24:20

This is maybe unrelated but would it be possible to contact Jiggmin and get War of the Web up and running again?

Like hosted directly from here/kong rather than Jiggmin.com? Not sure how much that would add to the load.

Ideally bringing over everything would be best, of course.

Western media has descended to the level of Soviet media, pre-Glasnost, except the American people largely still drink from that poisoned well, thinking it provides "news."

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-02-04 06:01:01

You guys are literally preserving internet history. If it weren't for Ruffle, in the future people would be unable to access all of this old content. I wish more people were aware of the work you guys are doing.

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-02-06 15:50:39

I never saw this movie from 2004 until now, it's kinda charming:

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-02-09 12:53:59

At 2/9/20 12:13 PM, TheGameFan2020 wrote: What About These?
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/130
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/7

Souped-up Civic still has some audio issues, dunno if that’s from audio stop commands or something else going on.

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-03-28 16:03:49

@Mike has informed me that this old thing is working with Ruffle now:

BBS Signature

At 3/28/20 04:03 PM, TomFulp wrote: @Mike has informed me that this old thing is working with Ruffle now:

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/310607

It's not working for me, all I'm getting is a black screen.

iu_105079_6031005.png

That might be a problem on my end though.

RedSnake's the name, out of character and gae is the game.

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-03-28 18:14:32

At 3/28/20 05:05 PM, TheGameFan2020 wrote: @TomFulp What About Theses?
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/321
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/29
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/17

Looks like these are already all running with Ruffle!

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-03-28 23:53:35

At 1/29/20 03:32 PM, TomFulp wrote: Update: Sorry for sharing that.

to quoth the lord almighty Wade Fulp:

This is newgrounds.com, not disney.com.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-04-02 12:48:46

Anyone want to test this on their phone? How does it play?

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-04-02 13:04:32

This one requires some keyboard input but might work with your phone keyboard:

BBS Signature

At 4/2/20 12:48 PM, TomFulp wrote: Anyone want to test this on their phone? How does it play?

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/121

This works fine, other than it's not easy to play on the phone.

Edit to that... it is just as hard for me on the computer lol.

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-04-02 13:11:22

At 4/2/20 01:08 PM, NotCoachFro wrote:
At 4/2/20 12:48 PM, TomFulp wrote: Anyone want to test this on their phone? How does it play?

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/121
This works fine, other than it's not easy to play on the phone.

Edit to that... it is just as hard for my on the computer lol.

Yeah those people move fast.

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-04-02 17:28:48

For years now this one was defaulting to a video version with no audio. It's back to running the SWF now:

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-04-29 07:05:37

Looks like the loaders on these cartoons are broken:

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-04-29 08:07:41

At 4/29/20 07:05 AM, Whirlguy wrote: Looks like the loaders on these cartoons are broken:
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/589577
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/589232

Thanks, I've disabled Ruffle on those.

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-05-02 13:33:26

At 1/29/20 04:24 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Also yes, this sounds like a great idea. Starting to suddenly get this urge to go digging through old content again, it's been a while...

Don't think I've stumbled upon anything running Ruffle that hasn't been linked to.

Yes like all the pubemuppet, Barney Bunch, Drew Pickles, KItty Krew, SevenStar, and of course Clock Crew classic masterpieces.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-05-02 15:41:11

At 5/2/20 12:14 PM, TheGameFan2020 wrote: @TomFulp Do You Want AEvil To Be Updated With Ruffle?

Yes - waiting for the score text to update on that one.

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-05-06 09:45:18

At 1/29/20 03:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: I've been testing old Flash entries with Ruffle, would you like it if I occasionally posted stuff here?

Also if you stumble on an old Flash that's trying to run with Ruffle but it doesn't work, please link me to it here and I can disable Ruffle and add it to my "stuff that doesn't work yet" spreadsheet. We sorta accidentally enabled Ruffle for a bunch of stuff that wasn't ready to have it enabled, long story.

Reminder: You can become a Ruffle Sponsor and support ongoing emulation efforts!

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/392621

Yea i noticed that for some of my games.... the controls don't seem to work on Firefox but they do work on Chrome. It's very strange.

Just about anything high5toons made doesn't work in ruffle. I assume it's because of the preloader he uses.

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-05-09 07:59:38

At 5/9/20 07:46 AM, Whirlguy wrote: Just about anything high5toons made doesn't work in ruffle. I assume it's because of the preloader he uses.

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/577993
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/582838
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/589297
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/594593
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/596868
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/599131
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/601966

I've disabled it on those!

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-05-09 11:19:43

At 5/9/20 07:59 AM, TomFulp wrote: I've disabled it on those!

Nice! Must be a lot of work changing them manually... I already found a ton more videos that are having issues with Ruffle. Should I continue sharing ridiculous amounts of videos or is this getting annoying?

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-05-09 13:21:00

At 5/9/20 11:19 AM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 5/9/20 07:59 AM, TomFulp wrote: I've disabled it on those!
Nice! Must be a lot of work changing them manually... I already found a ton more videos that are having issues with Ruffle. Should I continue sharing ridiculous amounts of videos or is this getting annoying?

If there's an MP4 version, most users will default to that anyway so we could probably just wait for Ruffle to become compatible. If there isn't an MP4 version, link it here since there aren't alternatives.

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-05-09 16:56:19

Will Newgrounds Player still be option once Ruffle is fully finalized Flash collection?

Also, I got some flash game that you can test with Ruffle on:

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/310349 ( I saw that your Pico school is make in Flash 3, I wondering of Ruffle can run older Flash game)

Also, it seem like this adult flash game isn't working too well with Ruffle:

https://38cautionzone.com

Ko-fi (Commission/Donation)

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-05-09 17:25:21

At 5/9/20 04:56 PM, AKA-38CAUTION wrote: Will Newgrounds Player still be option once Ruffle is fully finalized Flash collection?

Also, I got some flash game that you can test with Ruffle on:

Pico's School works with Ruffle but I added medals later and they don't work yet, so it's waiting on that. The others still have some issues as well for the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-05-09 18:49:51

Chix with Dix....hilarious at the time, a reality today.

hello

All right, so I noticed TheWeebl's stuff got hit really hard. He's got a huge body of work though so I'll try not to overwhelm you. I'll just start by sharing the Catface series.

All episodes below would play sound but display a black screen:

But the play button simply wouldn't load for this episode:

Episodes 4, 11, 19, 20 and 21 were ommited due to them using either the Newgrounds Player or having a video alternative.

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-05-10 10:35:35

At 5/10/20 10:27 AM, Whirlguy wrote: All right, so I noticed TheWeebl's stuff got hit really hard. He's got a huge body of work though so I'll try not to overwhelm you. I'll just start by sharing the Catface series.

Hmm these are working for me - and you have WebGL enabled? Try turning off any extensions you have running and see if that changes things.

BBS Signature

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-05-10 10:43:43

At 5/10/20 10:35 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/10/20 10:27 AM, Whirlguy wrote: All right, so I noticed TheWeebl's stuff got hit really hard. He's got a huge body of work though so I'll try not to overwhelm you. I'll just start by sharing the Catface series.
Hmm these are working for me - and you have WebGL enabled? Try turning off any extensions you have running and see if that changes things.

I'm not quite sure where to find my WebGL settings in Brave but I did go here and it told me WebGL is enabled. I do not have any extensions installed either so I wonder what could be wrong. My shields are always down on NG as well so I doubt that's causing issues.

BBS Signature

The Riddle School parts seem to work - but I stumbled upon many errors on other AS1/2 games. How far is the part done on AS1/2. I'm really impressed that i progressed so far I thought it may die but you guys managed to do some stuff in 2020 as it seems. I really hope that this could become a good emulator even if the progress is slow and it could need a bigger team i guess :)

And yeah like the guys over me said: The pause function and audio is often bugged when you tab out and it should pause the audio sometimes loops on those games etc and also mute buttons doesn't work often like in :

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/467050 - Hobo 1

And the player spams the console with the missing stuff in this game for example which makes it very hard to debug. Even thou the game works partly/mostly, except for example that the animation from the guys I hit switch every time

Response to Reliving Old Flash with Ruffle 2020-07-08 14:08:03

At 7/8/20 01:47 PM, spiele-umsonst wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/314680
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/349194
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/430459
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/532044

The Riddle School parts seem to work - but I stumbled upon many errors on other AS1/2 games. How far is the part done on AS1/2. I'm really impressed that i progressed so far I thought it may die but you guys managed to do some stuff in 2020 as it seems. I really hope that this could become a good emulator even if the progress is slow and it could need a bigger team i guess :)

I've enabled Ruffle on all the Riddle School games AND enabled them for mobile. If anyone would be down to play through them on a phone and report back, it would be a great help to confirm everything is working there!

Support for AS1 and AS2 feels pretty far along but there are items like hitTest that hold a lot of games back. Feeling hopeful for what's to come before the year ends!

BBS Signature