00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are actually happy with your life?

2,704 Views | 75 Replies

Response to Are actually happy with your life? 2019-08-15 13:10:12

At 8/9/19 09:58 PM, Makakaov wrote: What's your stance on your life so far and right now? Are you content? Are you doubtful? Is there actually anything in your bio that you're proud of? Are you proud of your recent past and where you are now?

I'm actually having best time of my life rn

Nah, i am a person who is easily replaceable and it makes me depressed. There is always going to be a better writer, a better friend, someone pretiier...

Response to Are actually happy with your life? 2019-08-15 14:27:28

At 8/9/19 09:58 PM, Makakaov wrote: What's your stance on your life so far and right now?

It's okay, pretty tame so far. Not much to do, though, kinda boring.

Are you content? Are you doubtful?

Yes, and also yes. Content in a way that there's nothing negative coming or going on, but doubtful because my gap year turned into 3 gap years, and now I am anxious about even trying to go to uni because I'll be older than everyone.

Also, I really neglected HS because I was a dumb teenager so my chances are slim from that perspective too. Hopefully I'll get in or manage to find my way without it. Both are equally scary. The future itself is scary, actually.

Is there actually anything in your bio that you're proud of? Are you proud of your recent past and where you are now?

After years of doing nothing, and losing touch with my creative side, it feels really good to make stuff again. I am proud of the content I am currently making. Recent past, though, I would love to forget. Spent a few years literally doing nothing but hanging out with the same people at the same places, all the time. It got boring when I stopped drinking, so I moved on. Now I sit by myself at the same place, and it mostly feels great.

Nice!

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026

Response to Are actually happy with your life? 2019-08-15 19:18:01

Im living good and healthy but im bored af, i wish life right now would be exciting right now

Response to Are actually happy with your life? 2019-08-15 21:36:29

To some degrees yes and no. But I don’t like explaining my life because it will take too long.

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Are actually happy with your life? 2019-08-15 22:43:26

I guess I am?

I mean, school is a drag but it's a necessary evil.

Response to Are actually happy with your life? 2019-08-15 23:21:24

At 8/15/19 08:12 AM, Makakaov wrote: Personally I think human needs struggle and responsibilities in order to stay in shape and good health. There is this mellow state of mind into which you can easily fall in our times if you just consume and live freely. And whilst living like a consumer, if you don't believe in something, or don't feel pressured to do something, you won't do it because it's not a consumer thing to do. I'm guessing you don't have something you really feel responsible for, and you probably should.

It's exactly that feeling of responsibility what feels lacking, I've been trying to set goals for myself, maybe some of them are materialistic, but at this point, anything, so long as it will bring me peace without hurting me.

From the perspective of time I really liked going to college, because even though I didn't have time to learn throughly all the material that was presented there, this constant pace that required me to keep up with it kept me going and really pushing me to the edge. Till today I'm proud of some minor shit I did because I decided to break night and do something really good. Take it as you wish.

There is a point in pride when man pushes his limits and goes far beyond his abilities, that's for sure. I've got to get healthier if I'm to push myself then, as for the moment if I push myself I'd just end up hurting myself

I also used to think that becoming a productive person is a linear journey that takes lots of time if you're at the bare bottom, but after some concious ups and downs I don't think that's the case. It's very often the circumstances that make us more or less determined or motivated and help assemble a good mindset. If your ordinary circumstances don't ever push you into achievements, you probably should change your circumstances - change the way you live, stop jerking off for a week, don't use the internet if you don't have to and learn something or prepare yourself for marathon or whatever.

Change is easier said than done, but that isn't the point. I guess I should take solace in the fact I decided to do something about my situation and I'm not exactly suffering because of it. Half of my complaints are pretty much bitching that things haven't gotten better yet, when I should be taking shit day by day.

I hope this doesn't come off as reddit-style false sympathy, just trying to share some ideas that actually helped me when I reached my low.

Eh, leddit-style empathy's always feel good bullshit coated in sugar, spice, and you-can-do-it nonsense. It reads like overtly enthusiastic lines from a self-help booklet. It's annoying self-serving virtue signaling done in an attempt so everyone can see what a "good person" you are. Comes off as the kind of bullshit normal people pull to try and gain social status and attention. Your post doesn't feel like it so I wouldn't worry about it. Thanks anyway, any outside voice presenting advice is welcome, better than shouting at a pseudo-solipsistic echochamber.

Response to Are actually happy with your life? 2019-08-15 23:56:18

Life sucks. The only fun thing about it is that you can destroy it.

Yes, i'm a geometry dash player. Now you can go fuck yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to Are actually happy with your life? 2019-08-16 01:29:06

At 8/9/19 09:58 PM, Makakaov wrote: What's your stance on your life so far and right now? Are you content? Are you doubtful? Is there actually anything in your bio that you're proud of? Are you proud of your recent past and where you are now?

I'm glad to hear that, given how it seems to me that our newer generations are facing a sort of depression crisis. I don't know exactly where I've collected that, but I've definitely seen it in my area. I could say that I, personally, am content with where I am and where I'm headed in the near future, though I go through kinda frequent short-lived spells where I can begin to think very much the opposite. It's kind of an inner-battle I have in my mind.

Response to Are actually happy with your life? 2019-08-16 02:39:12

At 8/9/19 10:26 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Everything in my life is fucking shit and I hope I die.

I had some fucked up times in my life to, it doesn't mean you should give up. Look at it this way, if you had enough strenght to survive that, you can do anything, and it makes you more wise and mature. Problems allways have solutions, so they aren't really problems.

Response to Are actually happy with your life? 2019-08-16 04:11:08

At 8/15/19 11:21 PM, MercyfulDeath wrote: Change is easier said than done

That's always the case and that's the point - words alone, no matter where taken from, can very seldom change your life. It's usually your realization after them which is worthwile, but it requires certain approach from you in the first place. The hardest part is getting out of this primiary vicious cycle that grounds you all the time, and it's hard to kill it with just advices, because you can't describe everything with words - including an array of feelings and senses that each everyone feels and understands in their own way.

"Change your life" is a proper advice. "Lay off internet, whatever" is also a proper advice. It's rather that in your current state you probably can't utilize them properly. But that's what people usually say because it makes sense from their perspective and also it's almost impossible to explain how to EXACTLY change this reasoning from loser-like to winner-like.

I don't know what would work with you and actually help you, but I think the general concern in helping yourself is actually remembering about your goals - not setting them and then forgetting about them 2 days later. It's a good idea to like run a note where you set yourself minor stuff to do everyday and report on it before going to bed, or whatever. But to keep remembering and being focused on the goals in the middle of the day, you have to lay off things that draw your attention away from those goals - that's more of a strategy than relying on strength of mind. Think of it as feng shui; hide the stuff that has negative influence on you, surround yourself with stuff that has good (motivational) influence on you.

Now, getting off the things that eat up your time and attention is usually the hardest part, because it's usually just addiction. Physical long term separation aided by a third person would probably work the best, but I think you can also do it alone if you just conciously assume that the thing you're wasting your life on is just an optional thing to do and it's not helping you so it's better if you act wise and don't get into your temptations this time. Just mentally distance yourself from the thing by acknowledging that it's not healthy thing to do. You have incencitive to do so - you know there's something wrong with yourself and you worry, so you probably should associate those doubts with things that eat up your life. Your concious understanding of their harmfulness has to become stronger than your subcioncious temptations to use them. Feel more responsible for yourself than just your urges.

I probably could write a whole book about it, but as I wrote before - it's hard to hit the spot with mere words. You can't just assume things rationally from words - you have to go through certain experiences to shape yourself. It's like if I told you to get up and take a walk, you should actually get up NOW and take a 10 minute walk instead of assuming "yeah, I could take a walk now and it might work. I might try it tomorrow". Trying it tomorrow is not the same as trying it in now, in the face of unexpectancy and discomfort. And that's what I think you need - some time in the no-comfort zone.

Response to Are actually happy with your life? 2019-08-16 04:14:45

I'd say that my life so far has proven pretty decent. Especially in this last year, found the best girlfriend I could've ever asked for, moved out of my house and got our own place, making decent headway with my art and my story... the only thing that would make it even better is if I could just start on the classes I need to learn UE4 to start making a game, but otherwise, can't complain one bit!

Check me out, I'm all over the place!

linktr.ee/primogenitor34

BBS Signature

Response to Are actually happy with your life? 2019-08-16 04:27:32

At the moment I've just handed in my (three months) notice to quit a job I've never particularly loved and that was always supposed to be a stopgap, but that I've stuck at for over four years. And I'm going to freelance, which I loved, but I'm going to ask for far more money than I used to ask for when I was a nooby freelancer. I could work half the time I work now and come out with just as much.

My wonderful girlfriend who I intend to spend the rest of my life with is pregnant and the baby is due in November. She was a little difficult at some points in our relationship but she's great now, she had depression which is now under control, and she's been wonderful for ages, no weird dramatic fallings-out at all. So the future will see me being a full-time dad and part-time freelancer, which sounds idyllic to me.

I also spent like 15 years drinking and smoking weed every day but I'm now practicing moderation, and have done for about a month, and I'm feeling pretty good about it. So things are looking up!

My dad died a year ago almost to the date, on the 21st August. It was over a year ago that I last spoke to him. Miss the fucker every day.

Response to Are actually happy with your life? 2019-08-16 06:03:49

I am a dumb kid who regrets most of his choices, decisions etc. from the last few years.

I am a broken kid. For a while I didn't have any friends.

But I have learned to adapt. I made friends on the internet and even a few in the real life. I have learnt from my mistakes. I have started working on things I love. Even though bad things happen to me still, I try to cope with it and read books, fuck around on newgrounds, make friends, and write books. Being a part of a community and being able to make something, even though it fails, keeps me happy.

Response to Are actually happy with your life? 2019-08-16 06:05:53

At 8/10/19 05:01 PM, koupip wrote: honestly i'm pretty happy with my life right now. ever since i came back to new ground i let go of the constant hatred i got on discord, the shit show that is now youtubeand the garbage can that is twitter i just stay here talk to cool artistlook at nice art and have a great ol day. now in therms of irl life i'm pretty good too i'm starting my first year in uni soon and i'm pretty excited to finally be done with this nightmare that is school

Well, congrats. Most of the people here have discontent lives. I thought I had too. But I realized, I can be more than I want. I can shape my life and influence people, maybe even with newgrounds. No matter what life you are given, you have to learn to love it, shape it, make friends, to be happy.

Response to Are actually happy with your life? 2019-08-16 07:21:30

At 8/16/19 06:05 AM, Rafiraf7642 wrote:
At 8/10/19 05:01 PM, koupip wrote: honestly i'm pretty happy with my life right now. ever since i came back to new ground i let go of the constant hatred i got on discord, the shit show that is now youtubeand the garbage can that is twitter i just stay here talk to cool artistlook at nice art and have a great ol day. now in therms of irl life i'm pretty good too i'm starting my first year in uni soon and i'm pretty excited to finally be done with this nightmare that is school
Well, congrats. Most of the people here have discontent lives. I thought I had too. But I realized, I can be more than I want. I can shape my life and influence people, maybe even with newgrounds. No matter what life you are given, you have to learn to love it, shape it, make friends, to be happy.

Amen brother

I'm the funniest guy around yeha

BBS Signature

Response to Are actually happy with your life? 2019-08-21 23:18:22

Neutral and good, wish I had more people in my friend group

real smooth, like butter, I talk, and I stutter, uh, yea

Help

BBS Signature