00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lumberjack3d just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Demo Reel 2019

1,124 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Demo Reel 2019 2019-07-19 08:09:56

Hey guys,

I've shortened up my demo reel based on feedback, and actually re-recorded it with a new sound booth.

Please let me know what you think and contact me in a PM, on twitter (@hazencruz) or via hazencruz@gmail.com if you'd like to discuss hiring me for a project!

Response to Demo Reel 2019 2023-06-17 00:15:54

I am only available for paid work until further notice.

Response to Demo Reel 2019 2023-06-17 15:15:00

At 6/17/23 12:15 AM, hazencruz wrote: I am only available for paid work until further notice.

Thanks for sharing, but you're replying to a 4 year old post that talks about a demo without actually linking to it, which received 0 response to boot - is there something you expect the VA community to take away from this?

Response to Demo Reel 2019 2023-06-23 21:00:09 (edited 2023-06-23 21:12:00)

At 6/17/23 03:15 PM, LuckyDee wrote:
At 6/17/23 12:15 AM, hazencruz wrote: I am only available for paid work until further notice.
Thanks for sharing, but you're replying to a 4 year old post that talks about a demo without actually linking to it, which received 0 response to boot - is there something you expect the VA community to take away from this?

thought this was on the post for my own demo reel

Edit: as far as i can tell, this is a post for my own demo reel. someone on newgrounds contacted me asking me to do free work and told me they found me on this thread, so I was updating it to prevent that in the future. feel free to push it to the bottom or whatever.

Response to Demo Reel 2019 2023-06-27 01:51:15

At 6/23/23 09:00 PM, hazencruz wrote:
thought this was on the post for my own demo reel

Edit: as far as i can tell, this is a post for my own demo reel. someone on newgrounds contacted me asking me to do free work and told me they found me on this thread, so I was updating it to prevent that in the future. feel free to push it to the bottom or whatever.

Hey man, sorry if I seem like a dick; in hindsight my response sounds pretty stupid. Off and on we get old threads resurrected, casting calls mainly, for projects that have either already been done or that never saw the light of day to begin with, and I think whatever little attention the forum gets should go to current affairs instead. So I get easily triggered when old posts get revived.

In your particular case however, I think it's more that you're not going to reach your target audience by posting the message here. No one's going to dig through the VA forum before approaching you, just in case you might have put up something useful here. Of course you can freely share it here, but have you considered adding it to your profile info instead? Think that your success rate in reaching people might go up that way.

Again, sorry for the confusion / poor people skills on my part. Hope this clears it up.

Response to Demo Reel 2019 2023-07-03 15:15:41

It's fine. I don't expect to reach a single person, but I also didn't expect anyone to find this old post and contact me about from it either. More just covering my own ass. Didn't mean to disrupt any thread etiquette.

Response to Demo Reel 2019 2023-07-04 03:56:58

At 7/3/23 03:15 PM, hazencruz wrote: It's fine. I don't expect to reach a single person, but I also didn't expect anyone to find this old post and contact me about from it either. More just covering my own ass. Didn't mean to disrupt any thread etiquette.

Don't sweat it, I shouldn't be as triggered as I was as well, it's just that activity here is generally pretty limited anyway, so I try and at least keep it as to-the-point as possible. I like to think it helps increase the chances of the less experienced VA to find their way here. Thanks for your understanding.