00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zfey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Almost 1000 views and no money. Th

235 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How do you make money from games here? My game has almost 1000 views but I do not have a cent with it. On other sites with much less than this I already made money. Do I have to add something in the game to start winning or is it anyway? I thought you were getting some of the ads that appear at the beginning of the game.

Response to Almost 1000 views and no money. Th 2019-05-15 16:10:37

Just because someone played your game or view the game page doesn't mean that they viewed an ad. First, let's look at one of my games. In the https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games section of my profile I see that it says I have this many views:

Totals: 11,790

But, if you look at the game page is states it has this many views:

Views: 55,356

So in fact, only about 21% of the people that viewed my game or played the game saw an add. Do the math on your submission really quick...

Views: 939

Meaning just under 200 people have viewed ads on your submission so far. (A rough estimate, not an exact science)

Why is that number so different? Well, first off about 40% of internet users use some sort of ad block. This means that right off the back if you had 1,000 views you'd actually only have 600. Match that with some of the views coming in from mobile, which your submission isn't compatible with, some people only passing by without playing at all, and adding in the newgrounds users that are supporters who don't view ads and you get a much lower number.

Response to Almost 1000 views and no money. Th 2019-05-15 17:14:43

Thank you for the explanation. I knew these things but I did not know it was so bad. And supporters do not help the devs in any way? Only the site benefits from them?

Response to Almost 1000 views and no money. Th 2019-05-15 18:09:51

At 5/15/19 05:14 PM, LegendsMaker wrote: Thank you for the explanation. I knew these things but I did not know it was so bad. And supporters do not help the devs in any way? Only the site benefits from them?

I believe the idea is that if newgrounds could get enough supporters they would be able to share some of the revenue back with the developers. I'm not going to speak too much about that because I don't really know.

I think the amount of ad views that are being missed compared to people using ad block is minimal in comparison. It's the 40% of internet users blocking the ads for free that are hurting the developers.

Response to Almost 1000 views and no money. Th 2019-06-01 12:52:20

I was going to throw my 2 cents, but I think @RoboFrobo nailed it (: Its not easy to make any type of money on NG these days. I’ve gotten a few checks(last one Feb 2019).

i even gotten over $100 this May! I was flabbergasted. Today I checked it and not one cent was counted for of May. Probably bots or something clicking it. But that sucks... It got my hopes up.

So yeah... uuhh Keep that in mind too? Lol Some ad clicks dont always count at the end of the day.

BBS Signature