00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cflash19 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico Day 2019 is May 11th!

16,162 Views | 73 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Pico Day 2019 is May 11th! 2019-05-04 05:53:37

Instead of an animation since I lost my pen , I’m doing a doodle right now before next week.

Also , here’s how the sketch looks during progress iu_23540_7147869.jpg

She/They, 19., I draw sometimes.

Support me on ko-fi, it helps!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2019 is May 11th! 2019-05-04 11:27:17

Might actually finish a few pieces in time for this year, heres a quick sketch preview of what im working on today.iu_23602_2457535.jpg

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Pico Day 2019 is May 11th! 2019-05-04 15:09:30

At 3/22/19 01:59 PM, TomFulp wrote: Heads up, Pico Day will be on May 11th this year!

What’s Pico Day?

Pico Day is an annual celebration of all the cool stuff on Newgrounds. It was originally organized in the forums and started with Pico Day 2006; we’ve since kept the tradition going.

There is one big change this year, which came up last year. It has become increasingly awkward to encourage people to make animation and games each year when characters like Pico and the Tank Men are so old. In more recent years we’ve tried to broaden the themes but overall these categories weren’t getting a lot of traction.

The art category has had a great turnout each year, however, so this year we are encouraging everyone to upload fan-art of their favorite characters and people here on NG!

To participate, upload your entry on May 11th and include the “picoday2019” tag.

There will be prizes for the best art!

1st - $200
2nd - $150
3rd - $100
4th - $100
5th - $100

If you’re looking for themes, try browsing areas like the Top-Rated Original Comedy for the year.

Games, animation and music are all still welcome despite not having prizes this year. It would still be a total treat to see something special!

Update: @Comick has additional prizes for the best Skitzo the 1920's Killer Bear fan art!

Pico Day Party

Thanks to the efforts of @IvanAlmighty, the irl Pico Day party is making a return this year! It will be happening at a venue downtown and capacity is much more limited, so if you haven’t already accepted an invite, there aren’t any openings left this year. To be clear: We are at capacity and if you aren't on the list, the doorman can't let you in.

The invite list largely grew from the recent animation collabs so please don’t take it personal if you had been invited previous years and weren’t invited this year; hundreds of people are in that boat! Pico Day was getting bigger and crazier each year and it’s tough to know where to go with that other than an all-out NG Con.

Newgrounds Player

Our desktop Flash player is in really good shape and we’re confident you will be able to keep playing new and old Flash content, earning medals and logging high scores long after Flash is removed from browsers. We’re exploring some other ideas at the moment but the base system all works, which is a good feeling.

Devil May Cry Art Contest

Winners of the DMC Art Contest are coming up next!

Are £ accepted?

Response to Pico Day 2019 is May 11th! 2019-05-04 15:44:25

At 5/4/19 11:27 AM, Peglay wrote: Might actually finish a few pieces in time for this year, heres a quick sketch preview of what im working on today.

finished lineart, kinda, i rly need to get a new tablet, all the lines look like i have fucking parkinsons iu_23667_2457535.jpg

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Pico Day 2019 is May 11th! 2019-05-10 04:45:06

What a fine time to lose my drawing tablet, ay? Just kidding - I'm not much of an artist anyways. I just wanted to say HAPPY (almost) PICO DAY!! I hope everyone who's going has fun at the Pico Day Party!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2019 is May 11th! 2019-05-10 05:04:49

This time of the year is almost like the busiest time for me , Exams or other shit going on, I remember Last time I participared I was like what ?? 2013. It's sad that I can't participate in this art oriented event .Every year when i look at the the side calendar on the left side ,right about this time , I feel guilty ad postpone it for the next year.In 2017 I had a plan which was to be done on for 2018 may but well I lost my job at that time and I couldn't fix it .I hope I am able to accomplish something next year.

IT's HREYAS BEETCHOS╥━━━━━━━━╭━━╮━━┳

╢╭╮╭━━━━━┫┃▋▋━▅┣

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2019 is May 11th! 2019-05-10 07:07:03

At 3/22/19 04:13 PM, RoboFrobo wrote: We need a new original newgrounds character. It's been a long time that an iconic newgrounds character has been created. (That I can remember)

Maybe there needs to be a writing competition where the prompt is to come up with a pilot episode to an original newgrounds character and the winner can be teamed up with an animator to bring it to life.

Already done, the writers who worked on the Newgrounds Audio Drama came up with ArchetypeZ8, a musical android. She now graces my NGADM 2019 poster as the centrepiece flanked by more familiar characters, Pico, Nene, Darnell, and the Hominid.

Response to Pico Day 2019 is May 11th! 2019-05-10 07:50:39

At 5/10/19 07:07 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 3/22/19 04:13 PM, RoboFrobo wrote: We need a new original newgrounds character. It's been a long time that an iconic newgrounds character has been created. (That I can remember)

Maybe there needs to be a writing competition where the prompt is to come up with a pilot episode to an original newgrounds character and the winner can be teamed up with an animator to bring it to life.
Already done, the writers who worked on the Newgrounds Audio Drama came up with ArchetypeZ8, a musical android. She now graces my NGADM 2019 poster as the centrepiece flanked by more familiar characters, Pico, Nene, Darnell, and the Hominid.

Wait....There’s a Newgrounds Audio Drama? Can I please have a link to that, I’m curious to see what that’s about.

Response to Pico Day 2019 is May 11th! 2019-05-10 08:12:44

At 5/10/19 07:50 AM, TerrorByte wrote:

Wait....There’s a Newgrounds Audio Drama? Can I please have a link to that, I’m curious to see what that’s about.

It's not finished yet. It is still in production.

It is awaiting one more song and some background voice acting (though more is always appreciated if anyone would like to volunteer!), then will go into mixing, mastering and assembly after that point.

Response to Pico Day 2019 is May 11th! 2019-05-10 09:52:16

Great, I'll check that out whenever it's out of development stage.

In the meantime I've already started the competition in the writing forum. The winner will advance to the next stage which will result in a different aspect of the competition such as art, etc...

Response to Pico Day 2019 is May 11th! 2019-05-10 14:13:04

At 3/22/19 01:59 PM, TomFulp wrote: Heads up, Pico Day will be on May 11th this year!

What’s Pico Day?

Pico Day is an annual celebration of all the cool stuff on Newgrounds. It was originally organized in the forums and started with Pico Day 2006; we’ve since kept the tradition going.

There is one big change this year, which came up last year. It has become increasingly awkward to encourage people to make animation and games each year when characters like Pico and the Tank Men are so old. In more recent years we’ve tried to broaden the themes but overall these categories weren’t getting a lot of traction.

The art category has had a great turnout each year, however, so this year we are encouraging everyone to upload fan-art of their favorite characters and people here on NG!

To participate, upload your entry on May 11th and include the “picoday2019” tag.

There will be prizes for the best art!

1st - $200
2nd - $150
3rd - $100
4th - $100
5th - $100

If you’re looking for themes, try browsing areas like the Top-Rated Original Comedy for the year.

Games, animation and music are all still welcome despite not having prizes this year. It would still be a total treat to see something special!

Update: @Comick has additional prizes for the best Skitzo the 1920's Killer Bear fan art!

Pico Day Party

Thanks to the efforts of @IvanAlmighty, the irl Pico Day party is making a return this year! It will be happening at a venue downtown and capacity is much more limited, so if you haven’t already accepted an invite, there aren’t any openings left this year. To be clear: We are at capacity and if you aren't on the list, the doorman can't let you in.

The invite list largely grew from the recent animation collabs so please don’t take it personal if you had been invited previous years and weren’t invited this year; hundreds of people are in that boat! Pico Day was getting bigger and crazier each year and it’s tough to know where to go with that other than an all-out NG Con.

Newgrounds Player

Our desktop Flash player is in really good shape and we’re confident you will be able to keep playing new and old Flash content, earning medals and logging high scores long after Flash is removed from browsers. We’re exploring some other ideas at the moment but the base system all works, which is a good feeling.

Devil May Cry Art Contest

Winners of the DMC Art Contest are coming up next!

Is there a specific time when posting the submissions for Pico day tomorrow?

Response to Pico Day 2019 is May 11th! 2019-05-10 14:14:53

At 5/10/19 02:13 PM, EpithetSoup wrote: Is there a specific time when posting the submissions for Pico day tomorrow?

Any time tomorrow is fine!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2019 is May 11th! 2019-05-10 14:38:24

At 5/10/19 02:14 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/10/19 02:13 PM, EpithetSoup wrote: Is there a specific time when posting the submissions for Pico day tomorrow?
Any time tomorrow is fine!

Thanks

Response to Pico Day 2019 is May 11th! 2019-05-11 13:42:08

@tomfulp I am working tirelessly on my sculpture for Pico Day but I'm not gonna be able to take pictures before sundown.

So I'll take pictures later tonight with artificial lighting but this never ends up looking as good as pictures outside.

I was wondering if I'm allowed to upload the indoor pictures today and then edit the submission tomorrow with new pictures? I will not edit anything on the work, just the lighting conditions!

And here's a lil sneak peak

iu_25660_1614747.jpg

Knock knock.

BBS Signature