00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ReneePrower just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What video games have taught you...

774 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Super Mario Bros.: Mushrooms are good for you! The can make you grow! Similarly, flowers can give you fire powers!

Crash Bandicoot: Break all crates you can find for goodies!

Final Fantasy 8: Be a vampire! 'Draw' essences of your opponet to unlock wonderful new skills!

Kingdom Hearts: Never give into the power of darkness! Otherwise say goodbye to your world. Also, the only way to defeat shadowy creatures is by using a giant key like a sword.

--

And now it's your turn. If video games actually are of educational value, what awesome things they can teach to the young malleable minds?

Response to What video games have taught you... 2019-02-11 13:52:52

On a serious note, I have learned things about myself.

With Phantasy Star Online, I spent so many hours playing that game, getting all the items and learning each and every trick there is to the game. I've probably sent 600+ hours on that game on 3 different characters. What I've learned, when I put my mind to it, I can literally do anything and focusing is the only issue.

I've learned hand eye coordination which helped me in sports as well as it has seriously kept me out of trouble in high school. More interested in sports and video games through most of it so didn't care about the social stuff until senior year.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to What video games have taught you... 2019-02-12 10:49:45

A whole lot of self help from it. Good few games had some rather strong life lessons that hit far too close to home and some unknowingly gave me sound advice when it came to dealing with certain problems I faced since I was a kid.

When I got into online games they really helped me make new friends and from those experiences I learned who actually wanted to be my friend. Thanks to the Xbox 360 I;ve had a friend for well over 11 years and we're like brother now! I would say we met over halo or CoD but it was an old gem called Section 8! At the time people called it a halo ripoff but I saw it was a fun game for what it is. He'll we'd still go back and play it if the damn servers didn't get shut down

BBS Signature

Response to What video games have taught you... 2019-02-12 17:24:21

MGS 2 sons of liberty taught me to question the government. WoW taught me that you can have serious friends over the internet.

Response to What video games have taught you... 2019-02-13 16:03:12

Zelda: Always explore some shit, might be a legendary sword in the woods.

GTA: Always lock your doors.

Megaman: Cutting off my arm for a Mega Buster

Final Fantasy: There's always someone behind a War pulling the strings

LORD OF CHEESEBURGERS mobile coming soon, ya little yentas

BBS Signature

Response to What video games have taught you... 2019-02-14 01:10:54

At 2/11/19 04:41 AM, BronzeHeart92 wrote: Super Mario Bros.: Mushrooms are good for you! The can make you grow! Similarly, flowers can give you fire powers!

Crash Bandicoot: Break all crates you can find for goodies!

Final Fantasy 8: Be a vampire! 'Draw' essences of your opponet to unlock wonderful new skills!

These aren't real things though... they're just game mechanics. How can you not tell the difference?

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to What video games have taught you... 2019-02-14 08:10:22

i'm not sure playing video games has taught me much, other than the fact that they offer an excellent break from reality and allow me to unwind my brain. i guess in that sense they've taught me the importance of downtime where you don't have to be productive.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

FAP CEO taught me that there are women out there who are willing to whore themselves out on cam if I
click on them fast enough, and I can buy additional women for my camgirl farm.

In all seriousness, I think I learnt typing skills and a bit of hand-eye coordination? Clearly the strategy games I've played haven't taught me shit because I still suck at that, and no, Assassin's Creed didn't teach me history because 1) I didn't finish the game and 2) there was a story? You think I'd play the game for that? When there's so many other cool things that you can do??

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Metal Gear Solid 2: Reality is not always what it seems and the U.S. Government is corrupt.

Dark Souls: Life is hard, but you must keep pushing forward.

Suikoden: Strength and victory come in numbers.

"Get busy living or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne -The Shawshank Redemption

Response to What video games have taught you... 2019-03-06 19:27:54

Super Mario 64: Don't be a square.

Diddy Kong Racing: Going fast is cool and fun.

Banjo Kazooie: Don't lose things.

ToeJam & Earl: Toke up with the homies.

BBS Signature

Response to What video games have taught you... 2019-03-06 21:37:04

Every Wolfenstein game: Nazis are bad, don’t feel bad about killing them.

Bioshock: Objectivism and cultural purity isn’t as sweet as it looks, getting hooked on ADAM is worse.

Persona 5: Sometimes you need to break the rules to get justice you desire, don’t be complacent when it comes to injustice.

Twisted Metal: Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it in ways you didn’t expect.

Mass Effect: Every choice you make has consequences which spans a galaxy.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to What video games have taught you... 2019-03-06 22:57:28

Far Cry 3: Relocate your dislocated thumb & arm will heal you.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to What video games have taught you... 2019-03-07 14:10:18

Halo Combat evolved find all the health packs possible.

Pokemon being a ten year old runaway to catch animals is awesome.

Legend of zelda breaking pottery is where its at.

Response to What video games have taught you... 2019-03-07 17:01:17

Video Games have taught me lots a patience