00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Album of the Week ♫

10,296 Views | 227 Replies

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-09 08:50:10

At 2/9/19 08:00 AM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 2/9/19 07:14 AM, Oolaph wrote:
At 2/7/19 09:38 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: I like this idea. Nice album presentation layout too. Seems I'm a bit late to this party and the EST listening times seem a bit on edge with GMT so probably won't be able to join in on many of those but: happy to join the shuffle if there's room? Picks so far seem like ones I might want to catch up on too, all interesting...
You can thank the mysterious photoshop wizard @Jackho for those hot images, he even made a template so a worthless goofball like me can edit them for each album. As for joining the shuffle, we limit the names in the hat to people who participated in the previous week and eliminate repeats until we've made a good rotation, so just give it a spin and post what you think and you'll have a chance to pick next week's album!

Also, question: the thoughts and rating it was implied you'd be posting after each one of these, is most of that going on within the Discord? Not seeing much of that in the thread...
Honestly we didn't really expect this many people to get into the discord parties, we thought most people would listen on their own time and report back like the other "of the week/month" threads we've done in the past. The ratings are not necessary at all, I've been asking for them after we listen to the record and then recording them in hopes that in the future we'll maybe see which ones were group favorites, individual user's tastes, and who picked the STINKERS, but we'll see how they shape up.

---

and speaking of DISCORD PARTIES, we've been caught in a time loop for what seems like centuries and it looks like it's week 4 again. We'll be listening to Stranger Fruit by Zeal & Ardor tonight at 6PM EST, and if Bren can't make it tonight TOO BAD, SUCKA.

Super-ultra-hyper-mega-meta-Lydian exclusive Discord link: https://discord.gg/Bwn7Ba

Links for listening: Bandcamp | Spotify | Apple

@argile @BadHorse413 @BrenTheMan @Cyberdevil @finicalpricklez @GallowJolt @Jackho @KieranBurgen @Malachy

@NekoMika @Nova @S3C @SevenSeize @SukiWukiDookie @TheMajormel @Zornuzkull
Bren better not stand us up.

I bought the prettiest dress for tonight's party.

It's a twirly dress and pink with lace.

Can we listen to Zero Life Night Vision by Kap Bambino?

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-09 13:49:30

At 2/9/19 08:00 AM, SevenSeize wrote: Bren better not stand us up.

I'll be there at 5pm CST. I have a hard stop at 6pm though!

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-09 15:36:53

At 2/9/19 01:49 PM, BrenTheMan wrote: I'll be there at 5pm CST. I have a hard stop at 6pm though!

heh heh...

"hard"

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-09 17:21:57

At 2/9/19 07:14 AM, Oolaph wrote:
At 2/7/19 09:38 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: I like this idea. Nice album presentation layout too. Seems I'm a bit late to this party and the EST listening times seem a bit on edge with GMT so probably won't be able to join in on many of those but: happy to join the shuffle if there's room? Picks so far seem like ones I might want to catch up on too, all interesting...
You can thank the mysterious photoshop wizard @Jackho for those hot images, he even made a template so a worthless goofball like me can edit them for each album. As for joining the shuffle, we limit the names in the hat to people who participated in the previous week and eliminate repeats until we've made a good rotation, so just give it a spin and post what you think and you'll have a chance to pick next week's album!

Also, question: the thoughts and rating it was implied you'd be posting after each one of these, is most of that going on within the Discord? Not seeing much of that in the thread...
Honestly we didn't really expect this many people to get into the discord parties, we thought most people would listen on their own time and report back like the other "of the week/month" threads we've done in the past. The ratings are not necessary at all, I've been asking for them after we listen to the record and then recording them in hopes that in the future we'll maybe see which ones were group favorites, individual user's tastes, and who picked the STINKERS, but we'll see how they shape up.

---

and speaking of DISCORD PARTIES, we've been caught in a time loop for what seems like centuries and it looks like it's week 4 again. We'll be listening to Stranger Fruit by Zeal & Ardor tonight at 6PM EST, and if Bren can't make it tonight TOO BAD, SUCKA.

Super-ultra-hyper-mega-meta-Lydian exclusive Discord link: https://discord.gg/Bwn7Ba

@argile @BadHorse413 @BrenTheMan @Cyberdevil @finicalpricklez @GallowJolt @Jackho @KieranBurgen @Malachy

@NekoMika @Nova @S3C @SevenSeize @SukiWukiDookie @TheMajormel @Zornuzkull

The tracklist looks pretty good I'll listen to it tonight to break from the usual bebop,free,advant-garde and fusion jazz I have on the regular basis

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-09 19:54:30

Another rockin' listening party in the bag. For the most part everyone really enjoyed Bren's pick, and for good reason. There's still time to get in on the after party if you wanna come queue some songs up on DJ Roboman's playlist.

After we listened, I wrote down the usernames of everyone that participated this week on little glass marbles and then threw them all into one of those big coin funnels, and the first marble to reach the hole in the center was @jackho! You better not pick some depressing album about the holocaust with a lot of acoustic guitar and singing saw or something.

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-09 22:36:57

iu_6782_1414829.jpg

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-12 17:41:10

This thread is Good and I would like in please, tho I can't promise I won't ruin everything with my sad dusty folk music.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-12 18:14:56

At 2/12/19 05:41 PM, Dr-Worm wrote: This thread is Good and I would like in please, tho I can't promise I won't ruin everything with my sad dusty folk music.

I listen to folk music. Come on in. We can hog all the punch and pie if they all refuse to come to the folk music party.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-12 20:49:57

At 2/12/19 05:41 PM, Dr-Worm wrote: This thread is Good and I would like in please, tho I can't promise I won't ruin everything with my sad dusty folk music.

Welcome to the party, friend. Nice to see your internet face again. Also good on you still representing the BEST movie of the week choice in your sig.

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-14 14:57:18 (edited 2019-02-14 15:01:12)

At 2/9/19 07:14 AM, Oolaph wrote: You can thank the mysterious photoshop wizard @Jackho for those hot images, he even made a template so a worthless goofball like me can edit them for each album. As for joining the shuffle, we limit the names in the hat to people who participated in the previous week and eliminate repeats until we've made a good rotation, so just give it a spin and post what you think and you'll have a chance to pick next week's album!

Sounds good. Totally past deadline with last week, but I shall listen in sooner with whatever's next!

Yupp, I'll probably be one of those expectable people. :) What's the rating range? 1-5?

Quick spontaneous review of Strange Fruit anyway:

Enjoyed this. Grimy, desperate; dystopian. Gets heavier the further you listen. It felt a bit repetitive in the early stages but either it moves past that or I get used to it. I start liking the rhythm. Bit much filtering with the vocals, emulating days of when recording equipment couldn't really capture voices. Gives me the impression they may not be that great vocalists, though that's totally disproven in the final track, and that effect is pretty cool.

I love the energy. Tracks follow suit. Wholesome roster. The Hermit, The Fool and Solve were refreshing breaks in the overall fury. Interesting bridge of genres, almost like Deathmetal and Blues at the same time with some of them. Favorite's probably the last track: Built On Ashes, which was refreshingly out of style. Crisp vocals too. Gravedigger's Chant really reminds me of Sail (AWOLNATION). Great intro. Great end. Satisfying length overall.

4/5

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-15 06:11:57

At 2/14/19 02:57 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Sounds good. Totally past deadline with last week, but I shall listen in sooner with whatever's next!

The listening parties actually kick off the beginning of the week, so you slipped right into the middle of week 4 like you were meant to be here the whole time. Week 5 will begin tomorrow with Jackho's pick (boy do i wonder what he'll choose)

Yupp, I'll probably be one of those expectable people. :) What's the rating range? 1-5?

5, 10, whatever. if i need to crunch numbers in the future i'll just convert

Quick spontaneous review of Strange Fruit anyway:

Enjoyed this. Grimy, desperate; dystopian. Gets heavier the further you listen. It felt a bit repetitive in the early stages but either it moves past that or I get used to it. I start liking the rhythm. Bit much filtering with the vocals, emulating days of when recording equipment couldn't really capture voices. Gives me the impression they may not be that great vocalists, though that's totally disproven in the final track, and that effect is pretty cool.

I love the energy. Tracks follow suit. Wholesome roster. The Hermit, The Fool and Solve were refreshing breaks in the overall fury. Interesting bridge of genres, almost like Deathmetal and Blues at the same time with some of them. Favorite's probably the last track: Built On Ashes, which was refreshingly out of style. Crisp vocals too. Gravedigger's Chant really reminds me of Sail (AWOLNATION). Great intro. Great end. Satisfying length overall.

4/5

The progression of the sound on this album is really smooth and well done. They spend the first few tracks getting you used to the blend of the two styles, and then those individual styles get more and more extreme as you go on, which out of context could definitely seem weird to a listener if they just pressed play on a track from the second half. At first the blend might seem like a novelty, but it really does seem purposeful and well thought-out. Genuine influences from both genres coming together to form this sound.

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-15 07:35:55

At 2/15/19 06:11 AM, Oolaph wrote: The listening parties actually kick off the beginning of the week, so you slipped right into the middle of week 4 like you were meant to be here the whole time. Week 5 will begin tomorrow with Jackho's pick (boy do i wonder what he'll choose)

Ah cool. Yupp that first post shows promise, finna be something good....

5, 10, whatever. if i need to crunch numbers in the future i'll just convert

Bit difficult when people start using scales that aren't dividable... or binary. ;) Well, I'll go with the NG one. Seems most relevant somehow.

The progression of the sound on this album is really smooth and well done. They spend the first few tracks getting you used to the blend of the two styles, and then those individual styles get more and more extreme as you go on, which out of context could definitely seem weird to a listener if they just pressed play on a track from the second half. At first the blend might seem like a novelty, but it really does seem purposeful and well thought-out. Genuine influences from both genres coming together to form this sound.

True true, the progression does bring you in well. Proper review but... no rating?

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-16 12:34:08

What up squadfam, we're already another week closer to death and this time it's my turn to run the music taste gauntlet.

The album I've chosen is Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.

This is definitely the most popular and widely-loved album chosen so far, and so there's a good chance several of you will have heard it already, but it's a risk I'm willing to take and a record that's infinitely rewarding to revisit anyway.

For those who haven't heard it: you're in for a weird, loud, folky, vaguely emotional ride. There's very few albums comparable to this one that aren't transparently trying to follow in its footsteps.

As usual we should be listening around 6-ish EST today (11 GMT)

> > > DISCORD LINK < < <

iu_7929_2680232.png

@argile @BadHorse413 @BrenTheMan @Cyberdevil @finicalpricklez @GallowJolt @Oolaph @Jackho @KieranBurgen @Malachy @NekoMika @Nova @S3C @SevenSeize @SukiWukiDookie @TheMajormel @Zornuzkull @Cyberdevil @Dr-Worm

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-16 16:44:08

At 2/16/19 12:34 PM, Jackho wrote: What up squadfam, we're already another week closer to death and this time it's my turn to run the music taste gauntlet.

This is definitely the most popular and widely-loved album chosen so far, and so there's a good chance several of you will have heard it already, but it's a risk I'm willing to take and a record that's infinitely rewarding to revisit anyway.

For those who haven't heard it: you're in for a weird, loud, folky, vaguely emotional ride. There's very few albums comparable to this one that aren't transparently trying to follow in its footsteps.

> > > DISCORD LINK

@argile @BadHorse413 @BrenTheMan @Cyberdevil @finicalpricklez @GallowJolt @Oolaph @Jackho @KieranBurgen @Malachy @NekoMika @Nova @S3C @SevenSeize @SukiWukiDookie @TheMajormel @Zornuzkull @Cyberdevil @Dr-Worm

Ew..

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-16 17:48:05

At 2/16/19 04:44 PM, SukiWukiDookie wrote:
At 2/16/19 12:34 PM, Jackho wrote: What up squadfam, we're already another week closer to death and this time it's my turn to run the music taste gauntlet.

> > > DISCORD LINK

Ew..

We'll be sad without you, come on!

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-16 18:21:57

@malachy your absence is breaking our hearts

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-18 15:18:42 (edited 2019-02-18 15:38:03)

At 2/16/19 12:34 PM, Jackho wrote: Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.

It certainly was a weird, loud, folky, vaguely emotional ride!

I liked the start, but when the sharp instruments and folky music kick in... hmm.   

King of Carrot Flowers reminded somewhat of the Paranoia Agent intro. A couple of the songs gave me Green Day vibes. There were some really catchy ones, like Two-Headed Boy and Holland, 1945. Emotional bits. Melodical bits. For the most part it was more folk music than I'm accustomed to though, and I'm not a fan of the high-pitched singing or excess instruments sometimes played in ways that their rhythm seems to collide and disrupt that phosphorescent flow of it all, but maybe those unconventional twists would grow on me if I give them a chance.

The lyrics didn't really play on my emotions as much as I hoped considering the emotional style, poetic as they are, and imaginative. It all seems well-written but somehow just not in sync with my emotional spectrum, and I wonder if it's the text itself or the music. Vague's a good word. Was a fascinating blend to listen to, refreshingly different, but not the best on my taste buds.

3/5

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-18 16:54:17

Who picking next album yo?

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-20 10:08:24

At 2/18/19 04:54 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Who picking next album yo?

Oh, it's ME. I forgot to make a post because i just went straight into thinking about what album i was gonna pick. Still not telling until Saturday, though. Gonna wait until the last second because 1. i'm a terrible procrastinator and 2. i've already changed my mind four times

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-20 10:15:57

At 2/20/19 10:08 AM, Oolaph wrote:
At 2/18/19 04:54 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Who picking next album yo?
Oh, it's ME. I forgot to make a post because i just went straight into thinking about what album i was gonna pick. Still not telling until Saturday, though. Gonna wait until the last second because 1. i'm a terrible procrastinator and 2. i've already changed my mind four times

I might not make it this week, I have class and a family thing on Saturday.

Ima try though, because your choice will be good, I know it.

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-20 23:54:41

Big thanks btw to those who joined in last saturday (@sevenseize @brentheman). It was a smaller party, but that was probably a more indulgent choice of album so I'm not surprised.

At 2/20/19 10:15 AM, SevenSeize wrote: because your choice will be good, I know it.

I dunno if you're aware of the extra pressure a statement like this puts on, but it do

At 2/18/19 03:18 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: I liked the start, but when the sharp instruments and folky music kick in... hmm.   

Speaking of sharp instruments, that sort of ethereal, ghostly sound on there is actually a hand saw played with a violin bow, and the guy who plays it likes to cover christmas songs.

There were some really catchy ones, like Two-Headed Boy and Holland, 1945.

Actually surprised you'd call Two-Headed Boy catchy, I thought the vocal delivery would make that one one of the lesser accessible tracks.

but maybe those unconventional twists would grow on me if I give them a chance.

It probably is a record that needs a couple listens to fresh ears, it might be a lot to take in at once esp. if the genre is already outside your comfort zone.

The lyrics didn't really play on my emotions as much as I hoped considering the emotional style, poetic as they are, and imaginative. It all seems well-written but somehow just not in sync with my emotional spectrum, and I wonder if it's the text itself or the music. Vague's a good word.

If you were following the lyrics you probably picked up on this, but much of this album was inspired by Anne Frank's diary and the emotional reaction Jeff Mangum (frontman) had to it. I wouldn't quite say it's about Anne Frank, but it's like a thematic link between tracks and many songs evoke specific scenes from the diary or reference Anne herself, while still being vague when shone through the lens of Jeff's distinct songwriting. I happen to have read the diary recently and that's what made me choose this album - I already loved it and would rank it among my all time favourite albums, but having the extra context made it click with me all over again, even more than before.

That said, I'll never understand all or probably even most of the lyrics 100% but it's Jeff's vocals that sell it anyway. He's not the most technically impressive vocalist but his performance just feels like such pure, sincere and untethered art, like he's belting out the deepest parts of his mind and soul. And whether anyone else can understand is irrelevant, it's just bursting to get out of him.

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-21 06:31:30

At 2/20/19 10:08 AM, Oolaph wrote: Oh, it's ME. I forgot to make a post because i just went straight into thinking about what album i was gonna pick. Still not telling until Saturday, though. Gonna wait until the last second because 1. i'm a terrible procrastinator and 2. i've already changed my mind four times

Ey, looking forward to it! I wouldn't mind four albums for a change btw. Challenges.

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-21 06:37:59 (edited 2019-02-21 06:43:05)

At 2/20/19 11:54 PM, Jackho wrote: Speaking of sharp instruments, that sort of ethereal, ghostly sound on there is actually a hand saw played with a violin bow, and the guy who plays it likes to cover christmas songs.

Interesting to know!

Actually surprised you'd call Two-Headed Boy catchy, I thought the vocal delivery would make that one one of the lesser accessible tracks.

The instrumentals, I'd think. It's one of the more melodic ones thanks to those, to me at least.

Regarding his vocals they're just a style I have a difficult time with I think. You see them as sincere and untethered, while I feel they lack depth and power for maybe the same reason. He does seem to sing from his heart, but it's like he's not putting his soul into the song... if you know what I mean? Like the words escape him without commitment. Like he's not really pushing them out, but more so just letting them seep through, without conviction. It might be one of the reasons I have trouble with Country music too, as artists there seem to have a similar style. No diaphragm support? I don't mean to be harsh in my judgement here, he doesn't have a bad voice per say, but this might be where our tastes differ, and why I wouldn't consider him a great vocalist. I can enjoy light vocals too though, so that might be a combination with the style, or the tone, bit more high-pitched.

It probably is a record that needs a couple listens to fresh ears, it might be a lot to take in at once esp. if the genre is already outside your comfort zone.

I did listen to it 3-4 times before writing this. :) I'm not sure. Perception might change over a longer time period, maybe when listening with a different mind state, or maybe this just isn't my style.

If you were following the lyrics you probably picked up on this, but much of this album was inspired by Anne Frank's diary and the emotional reaction Jeff Mangum (frontman) had to it. I wouldn't quite say it's about Anne Frank, but it's like a thematic link between tracks and many songs evoke specific scenes from the diary or reference Anne herself, while still being vague when shone through the lens of Jeff's distinct songwriting. I happen to have read the diary recently and that's what made me choose this album - I already loved it and would rank it among my all time favourite albums, but having the extra context made it click with me all over again, even more than before.

Ah I didn't realize that at all! I'll excuse myself with it being ca 15 years since I read the book. We certainly have different impressions of this one, but it was interesting to hear. And to hear your take on. Always appreciate an album with meaning, too. I'd rate the words high, but overall composition: conflict of interest.

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-21 07:21:42

At 2/20/19 11:54 PM, Jackho wrote: Big thanks btw to those who joined in last saturday (@sevenseize @brentheman). It was a smaller party, but that was probably a more indulgent choice of album so I'm not surprised.

At 2/20/19 10:15 AM, SevenSeize wrote: because your choice will be good, I know it.
I dunno if you're aware of the extra pressure a statement like this puts on, but it do

Nah

I clearly have the crappiest music taste here, so anything picked will be better than my pick, thus removing said pressure

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-22 21:01:07 (edited 2019-02-22 21:06:56)

At 2/21/19 06:37 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: I did listen to it 3-4 times before writing this.

Dang, fair play to you, that's more effort than I've put into most of the albums so far. I have seen people claim it took many listens for Aeroplane to 'click' but I find that approach to music a bit weird - like, they're forcing themselves to enjoy it because of the reputation the record has, but imo you can't choose what you get out of an album and consensus is irrelevant, I'd love this one even if no one else gave a fuck about it.

At 2/21/19 07:21 AM, SevenSeize wrote: I clearly have the crappiest music taste here, so anything picked will be better than my pick, thus removing said pressure

There are no crappy tastes, only tasty craps. Or something.

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-23 07:29:17

Okay folks it's been a tough decision but I've run out of time and have to settle on one choice. After going through my shelves and changing my mind at least 10 more times last night, I finally narrowed it down to two choices and flipped a coin, landing on my original pick. Must be fate or something.

Week 6's album will be The Monitor by Titus Andronicus. A punk rock album that is grand in scale with zero subtlety and plenty of anthems to yell along with. Band leader Patrick Stickles paints a picture of his inner struggles using a palette consisting Bruce Spingsteen paraphrases and historical metaphors. He wrote the album while in the midst of an obsession with the American Civil War, and due to the numerous references to the war this record is typically labeled as a concept album. Don't be fooled though, this isn't a political album by any means. This shit is pure FEELINGS and is on the list of "albums oolaph has cried to", so get ready to rock out and type in all caps with me. The Discord listening party will begin at tonight at 6PM EST as usual.

Super-ultra-hyper-mega-meta-Lydian exclusive Discord link: https://discord.gg/9BgWfx

Links for Listening: Spotify | Apple

iu_9026_3064767.png

@argile @BadHorse413 @BrenTheMan @Cyberdevil @Dr-Worm @finicalpricklez @GallowJolt  @Jackho @KieranBurgen @Malachy @NekoMika @Nova @S3C @SevenSeize @SukiWukiDookie @TheMajormel

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-23 07:31:04

At 2/23/19 07:29 AM, Oolaph wrote: Okay folks it's been a tough decision but I've run out of time and have to settle on one choice. After going through my shelves and changing my mind at least 10 more times last night, I finally narrowed it down to two choices and flipped a coin, landing on my original pick. Must be fate or something.

Week 6's album will be The Monitor by Titus Andronicus. A punk rock album that is grand in scale with zero subtlety and plenty of anthems to yell along with. Band leader Patrick Stickles paints a picture of his inner struggles using a palette consisting Bruce Spingsteen paraphrases and historical metaphors. He wrote the album while in the midst of an obsession with the American Civil War, and due to the numerous references to the war this record is typically labeled as a concept album. Don't be fooled though, this isn't a political album by any means. This shit is pure FEELINGS and is on the list of "albums oolaph has cried to", so get ready to rock out and type in all caps with me. The Discord listening party will begin at tonight at 6PM EST as usual.

Super-ultra-hyper-mega-meta-Lydian exclusive Discord link: https://discord.gg/9BgWfx

Links for Listening: Spotify | Apple

@argile @BadHorse413 @BrenTheMan @Cyberdevil @Dr-Worm @finicalpricklez @GallowJolt @Jackho @KieranBurgen @Malachy @NekoMika @Nova @S3C @SevenSeize @SukiWukiDookie @TheMajormel

i would like to unsubscribe from this this please

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-23 11:50:48

At 2/23/19 07:29 AM, Oolaph wrote: Week 6's album will be The Monitor by Titus Andronicus

OH HELL YEAH

TITUS ANDRONICUS FOREVER

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-23 12:04:00

I should probably also unsubscribe from this as well, haven't been following it at all recently, sorry about the inconvenience

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-02-23 14:19:09 (edited 2019-02-23 14:21:30)

At 2/22/19 09:01 PM, Jackho wrote: Dang, fair play to you, that's more effort than I've put into most of the albums so far. I have seen people claim it took many listens for Aeroplane to 'click' but I find that approach to music a bit weird - like, they're forcing themselves to enjoy it because of the reputation the record has, but imo you can't choose what you get out of an album and consensus is irrelevant, I'd love this one even if no one else gave a fuck about it.

Assuming I'll get lazier with future albums if this goes on a long time. :) It was interesting, though. Listening to quench curiosity a bit; see if perceptions change. That said I wonder if there's really any album out there I grew to like that I didn't like the first time around... gotta be years between listens if so. For sure, wouldn't be as interesting if all we had was the mainstream formula, it's cool with personality and disjointed musical tastes.

There are no crappy tastes, only tasty craps. Or something.

lmao

BBS Signature