00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Album of the Week ♫

10,217 Views | 227 Replies

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-04-27 14:27:40

How goes life, my faithful pack of batteries? It's ya boy J-Ho back at it again with some fresh wax. The randomizer rolled a crit so tonight at around 7pm EST we'll be listening to Sleater-Kinney's absolute banger Dig Me Out, one of the fucking catchiest rock albums I've ever come across and with enough energy and emotion to leave every track bursting at the seams.

iu_21824_2680232.png

(Discord's being a goober so the link will be posted later on)

@argile @BadHorse413 @BrenTheMan @finicalpricklez @Oolaph @Jackho @Malachy @NekoMika @Nova @ornery @S3C @SevenSeize @sheriffofnewgrounds @SukiWukiDookie @TheMajormel @Ryanson @Dean @Cyberdevil @Dr-Worm

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-04-27 17:57:05 (edited 2019-04-27 17:57:21)

yo fellas the 1 hour countdown to the listen-along has begun. we're maxin' relaxin' and spinnin' some Guided by Voices, but feel free to jump in and start group DJing before the album starts.

https://discord.gg/4seYQ4

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-04-27 18:03:11

At 4/27/19 05:57 PM, Oolaph wrote: yo fellas the 1 hour countdown to the listen-along has begun. we're maxin' relaxin' and spinnin' some Guided by Voices, but feel free to jump in and start group DJing before the album starts.

https://discord.gg/4seYQ4

I'm actually here this week!!!!!

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-04-27 19:31:44

At 1/10/19 07:43 PM, Jackho wrote:

here is what i suggest tommy!

iu_21886_6870617.jpg

Dethklok- dethklok into the water

From redeyes to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-04-27 19:44:29

At 4/13/19 06:12 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 4/13/19 04:53 PM, Ryanson wrote: Also, with the entire roster of people gone through, does this mean the randomizer will restart from the beginning?
No it means the thread's over, good job everyone we did it

Thank god, now I can relax and continue to listen to good music (mine) without being judged

At 4/20/19 05:28 PM, Oolaph wrote: Now that the pool for album picker has gone through a full rotation, I decided to rig the drawing and chose this week's album!

You're lucky you're such a good lay. forgive me for not being there, but I'm there now. Skeeter Linney is great

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-05-04 06:29:10

Hey there ladies & germs, time to get your leather pants on and get ready to ROCK! ROCK! ('til you drop). This week our boy @ryanson chose "Permission to Land" by The Darkness, a British hard rock band with a big sound and even bigger hair. This is some full-blooded glam rock revival stuff, bandanas and all. If you're into '80s rock at all, this might make you want to Dance the Night Away. The Discord listening party will start at 7PM EST tonight.

Super-ultra-hyper-mega-meta-Lydian exclusive Discord link: https://discord.gg/Xb5RKT

Links for Listening: Spotify | Apple

iu_23546_3064767.png

@argile @BadHorse413 @BrenTheMan @finicalpricklez @Oolaph @Jackho @Malachy @NekoMika @Nova @ornery @S3C @SevenSeize @sheriffofnewgrounds @SukiWukiDookie @TheMajormel @Ryanson @Dean @Cyberdevil @Dr-Worm

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-05-04 15:23:56

What a fucking quote

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-05-11 17:40:33

Hello friends, this week will be a repeat of Ryanson's pick last week since we ended up canceling the listening party before. We'll start spinning "Permission to Land" by The Darkness at 7PM EST tonight. Be there or be square.

Super-ultra-hyper-mega-meta-Lydian exclusive Discord link: https://discord.gg/DPgkqt

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-05-18 07:36:43

Cowabunga, dudes. Our main man @Dr-Worm picked some hella fly '90s jams for us, so this week we'll be listening to Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette. You've undoubtedly heard at least a song or two from this girl, but now you get to hear the full album that put this Ottawa-born singer on the map. The listening party will start around 7PM EST tonight.

Super-ultra-hyper-mega-meta-Lydian exclusive Discord link: https://discord.gg/rJxmgj

Links for Listening: Apple | Spotify

iu_28001_3064767.png

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-05-25 07:39:29

Hello, humans (and @Roboseven)! This week @Malachy got to pick the record, and he decided we're going to listen to that CD with the song from American Pie on it. You know the one, it's call Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone? by Harvey Danger. We'll be rocking out together in the Discord listening party at about 7PM EST tonight, so stop by and see if this one hit wonder has a hidden gem or two.

Super-ultra-hyper-mega-meta-Lydian exclusive Discord link: https://discord.gg/4c6HVw

iu_29316_3064767.png

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-05-25 07:44:35

At 5/25/19 07:39 AM, Oolaph wrote: Hello, humans (and @Roboseven)! This week @Malachy got to pick the record, and he decided we're going to listen to that CD with the song from American Pie on it. You know the one, it's call Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone? by Harvey Danger. We'll be rocking out together in the Discord listening party at about 7PM EST tonight, so stop by and see if this one hit wonder has a hidden gem or two.

Super-ultra-hyper-mega-meta-Lydian exclusive Discord link: https://discord.gg/4c6HVw

I will do my best to stop by on this one and make fun of the music malachy likes

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-05-27 11:46:20 (edited 2019-05-27 11:46:38)

So it turns out not only was there some hidden gems on the Harvey Danger record, but their BIG HIT Flagpole Sitta sounded out of place on the record and didn't really match the well established tone of the rest of the album, thus placing it pretty low on my fav tracks ranking. This CD was way was more emo-friendly than I expected, especially on the second half, which is a very good thing. I'm sure I'll be coming back to this and spinning it with the likes of Sunny Day Real Estate and Mineral in the future.

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-06-01 09:07:29

How does it do, brothers? Tonight we'll be listening to some electronic emotions courtesy of our resident android. Now I know what you're thinking: "surely we're not fortunate enough for our album to be by the teen indie prodigy-sister duo Smoosh, who more recently rebranded themselves as 'Chaos Chaos' and settled into a distinctive synthpop sound?" And it seems too good to be true, but you're totally right, things really are that good this week.

Tune into the discord at around 7pm EST tonight and you too can be blessed by the synth sisters.

> DISCORD LINK <

Links for listening: Spotify | Apple | Bandcamp | Youtube | SoundCloud

iu_30797_2680232.png

@argile @BadHorse413 @BrenTheMan @finicalpricklez @Oolaph @Jackho @Malachy @NekoMika @Nova

@ornery @S3C @SevenSeize @RoboSeven @sheriffofnewgrounds @SukiWukiDookie @TheMajormel

@Ryanson @Dean @Cyberdevil @Dr-Worm

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-06-08 13:59:27

What's happening homies? Tonight we're listening to a lesser known rap gosh, but a gosh nonetheless - Minneapolis-based alternative hip hopper Charles Bothwell aka 'Astronautalis.' His stuff usually gets tagged as "abstract hip hop" but he's liable to touch on any genre you can think of within the span of a record and he's not afraid to experiment either.

"He may not have the controversy that surrounds Eminem or the swagger of Jay-Z," writes Altpress, "but for the better part of a decade he has consistently crafted some of the smartest hip-hop music in the underground—and his fourth album, This Is Our Science, proves the MC is equally as adept at improvisational freestyles as he is at crafting hooks that will stay lodged in your lobes indefinitely."

Get your lobes lodged tonight at around 7pm EST in the discord.

> DISCORD LINK <

Links for listening: Spotify | Apple | Bandcamp

iu_32420_2680232.png

@argile @BadHorse413 @BrenTheMan @finicalpricklez @Oolaph @Jackho @Malachy @NekoMika @Nova

@ornery @S3C @SevenSeize @RoboSeven @sheriffofnewgrounds @SukiWukiDookie @TheMajormel

@Ryanson @Dean @Cyberdevil @Dr-Worm

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-06-08 14:00:44

At 6/8/19 01:59 PM, Jackho wrote: What's happening homies? Tonight we're listening to a lesser known rap gosh, but a gosh nonetheless - Minneapolis-based alternative hip hopper Charles Bothwell aka 'Astronautalis.' His stuff usually gets tagged as "abstract hip hop" but he's liable to touch on any genre you can think of within the span of a record and he's not afraid to experiment either.

"He may not have the controversy that surrounds Eminem or the swagger of Jay-Z," writes Altpress, "but for the better part of a decade he has consistently crafted some of the smartest hip-hop music in the underground—and his fourth album, This Is Our Science, proves the MC is equally as adept at improvisational freestyles as he is at crafting hooks that will stay lodged in your lobes indefinitely."

Get your lobes lodged tonight at around 7pm EST in the discord.

> DISCORD LINK

Links for listening: Spotify | Apple | Bandcamp

@argile @BadHorse413 @BrenTheMan @finicalpricklez @Oolaph @Jackho @Malachy @NekoMika @Nova
@ornery @S3C @SevenSeize @RoboSeven @sheriffofnewgrounds @SukiWukiDookie @TheMajormel
@Ryanson @Dean @Cyberdevil @Dr-Worm

I'm going to the beach tomorrow so I'm busy packing and junk but I'll try to stop by

That's a wicked album cover too!

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-06-15 08:12:52

Hey everyone, thanks to some scheduling goof ups on my part we're gonna have to skip this week. But don't worry, next week I'll be back with a HOT album pick that'll knock your audiosocks off.

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-06-15 19:28:30

At 6/15/19 08:12 AM, Oolaph wrote: Hey everyone, thanks to some scheduling goof ups on my part we're gonna have to skip this week. But don't worry, next week I'll be back with a HOT album pick that'll knock your audiosocks off.

I noticed the time and thought perhaps I didn't get a tag but the discord was empty and I went looking for this thread.

How dare u.

Looking forward to next week tho <3

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-06-22 08:09:07

What's good, my cyberspace techno-homies? This week's album, that's what's good. We're going to be diving into a dystopian future world crafted and described by the legendary DELTRON 3030. This hip-hop concept album is a collaboration between Del the Funky Homosapien, Dan the Automator, and Kid Koala, and is a contender for my favorite hip-hop album of all time. It tells a story of Del's future persona "Deltron Zero", a former mech soldier, going up against the big corporations that control the galaxy using the power of RHYMES. It's a beautifully crafted album filled with technobabble, '90s anime references, Damon Albarn cameos, and skits that actually don't suck. Come check it out tonight in the listenalong at 7PM EST.

Super-ultra-hyper-mega-meta-Lydian exclusive Discord link: https://discord.gg/NcSNNd

Links for Listening: Spotify | Apple | Youtube

iu_35162_3064767.png

@argile @BadHorse413 @BrenTheMan @finicalpricklez @Oolaph @Jackho @Malachy @NekoMika @Nova

@ornery @S3C @SevenSeize @RoboSeven @sheriffofnewgrounds @SukiWukiDookie @TheMajormel

@Ryanson @Dean @Cyberdevil @Dr-Worm

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-06-29 13:17:10

How fares thee, my dutch monkey plumbers?

This evening we're switching up the formula with TWO albums, since they only clock in at 25 minutes each. Is that allowed?? Well it is now: from now on choosing up to two releases (no singles!!!) is permitted so long as the total run time is below 70 minutes.

Anyway, tune in tonight at 7pm EST as we cover the full spectrum of contemporary folk, starting with Mount Eerie's 'Lost Wisdom' - an album that sounds like it was made by depressed ghosts in a cabin far away from civilization, and if that's not enough acoustic guitar for one evening we're gonna totally flip the coin over to anti-folk with Andrew Jackson Jihad's 2007 banger 'People Who Can Eat People Are The Luckiest People in the World,' a record that sounds like Woody Guthrie's schizophrenic puppy trying to sing itself out of an existential crisis.

> DISCORD LINK <

Links for listening to Mount Eerie: Spotify | Apple | Youtube | Bandcamp

Links for listening to Andrew Jackson Jihad: Spotify | Apple | Youtube

iu_36456_2680232.png

@argile @BadHorse413 @BrenTheMan @finicalpricklez @Oolaph @Jackho @Malachy @NekoMika @Nova @ornery @S3C @SevenSeize @RoboSeven @sheriffofnewgrounds @SukiWukiDookie @TheMajormel @Ryanson @Dean @Cyberdevil @Dr-Worm

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-07-01 17:51:21 (edited 2019-07-01 17:59:23)

Been catching up a bit on these selections the past couple weeks... here's some quick impressions of the ones I missed until almost all the way up till the current one but I'll be off on vacation real soon so just going to get this out the way; jump back again in a couple months or so with the rest of 'em:

Julee Cruise - Floating Into The Night

So relaxing!!!

Now this one felt almost a spiritual journey, and I was skeptic because... well maybe it was. And I'm not particularly spiritual. Very soothing though. It led me to a strange kind of calm. I'm feeling like if I let myself relax then this could be it. This could be the meditation I need. The medication to kneed. The mediation to proceed and get where I need to be.

I like 'I Float Alone' in particular though with the little bits of chaos that almost break through the calm, and The Swan gets me thinking of Black Swan. Darker vibe even though it's all but a dark song.

Overall this was great. Refreshingly soft. Maybe I just haven't been exposed to the style enough yet, but I think I need something faster now that I'm through it. Get back to my regular self...

4/5

Novos Baiano - F.C.

A rad MPB record from a buncha hippies in Brazil indeed!

After stumbling upon Grouplove a few years ago I had somewhat high expectations of this, hearing the 'hippie' word, and thinking it might be something like that, but it turns out this isn't what I'd really consider hippie music at all. More like: South American music... or Mariachi-like music. IDK what to call it. More traditional music - even if they do look like hippies.

Maybe there's a hippie message here I don't catch though, since I do not speak the lingo, and admittedly it'd be cool to actually understand what these guys are singing! But the style's occasionally soothing and occasionally energetic, with that almost DnB-like unconventionalism with the beat. Ended up jiving to this way more than I thought I would. Thought it'd be like all those Indie/Country records y'all seem to like that I don't fully agree with but this, hmm... thoroughly enjoyable. The description fits. I want to move to Bahamas while I hear this. Just lounge around. Dance. Drink some pineapple juice in the shade of a swaying palm tree... some songs felt a bit hectic, but overall: I love this.

Os Pingo da Chuva's was probably my favorite. It stands out. Nice lead. The last two instrumental ones were fun to listen to too. And everything else is great. I love the beat. The guitar. The uplifting vibe overall. Exotic. Peaceful. LIvely.

4/5

Sleater-Kinney - Dig Me Out

Have some trouble with her voice. Too sharp. Too wavery. Angsty. Maybe a lower frequency range in studio could fix that... maybe it's the style.

I like the alternative vibe otherwise but that voice just makes it hard to listen to for me. It's neither a pour-your-heart-out or a held back style... more so super nervous and way too close to the mic. :/ Could it be just way too much vibrato? IDK! the Dance Song '97 and Jenny had some longer, softer and vibrato-lesser parts, but the rest, ugh...

It's almost like she's getting it right at the end of it all though. Jenny was pretty good. Maybe other albums are better. Don't want to crank down on this too much but I just can't deal with that vocal style. Too much.

2/5

The Darkness - Permission to Land

Speaking of vibrato hmm...

But he really shifts. Moves into falsetto. Screams. Whispers. Pretty crazy mash-up of different vocal styles especially in the first few songs, and damn, what a voice! Impressively adaptable.

Don't think he's really making the most of it with some IMO often way too quick shifts, that don't help build a melody you can sing along to - especially when some songs really had the potential for it, but it was refreshingly varied. A little country influence, a little... I don't know the styles. A lot of the styles. Not one song's like any other.

Grimy music, classic rock with a twist, melodical but savage. I'm totally into '80s rock and all, but this is REALLY not the eighties I remember! It feels new. Not bad though. Heard 'I Believe In A Thing Called Love'! quite a bit a few years back but I never knew it was these guys. Good to listen to the full thing.

4/5

Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill

Here's one I own! Old favorite. Some songs feel a bit simple looking back, but it's a catchy and likable production overall.

I really hoped Avril would turn into a new kind of Alanis, after they predicted that in some interview somewhere, but alas... that didn't happen. Have to keep going back to the classics instead.

You Oughta Know, Ironic, Head Over Feet... I love those songs. I'm not as a big a fan of the slower ones, like Mary Jane. Maybe just not in that kind of mood right now. Maybe because they break off from the album otherwise. They all feel a bit fragmented after the faster ones. Overall though it's a solid album. Stood the test of time pretty well, and Alanis is a way better singer than I remember from just those most mainstream hits.

4/5

Harvey Danger - Where Have All The Merrymakers Gone?

White Stripes vibes right away! Love that style. Though Flagpole Sitta was so familiar... if I haven't heard that before then it feels like they really took the melody somewhere else. Donnie Darko...? And Private helicopter reminded me of a Green Day song. Sublime vibes sometimes too... feels like some of these melodies aren't really their own, but otherwise: not bad. It started great, but as it moves on it gets somewhat bland in my ears. Alright.

3/5

Chaos Chaos - Committed to the crime

I really liked the vibe with this one. It's easy to listen to. Ambient and upbeat, with smooth vocals, but not too smooth. Not typical pop-smoothness but with a little bit of the raspiness I like too.

The title feels a bit misplaced, with both the album and the band/artist - I don't feel the chaos. I just feel life. Streaming by. Feelings, but nothing too strong. Nothing conflicting. A little melancholy. A little love. It was good all the way, but not particularly intense or transcendent IMO.

Monsters was a bit disappointing. Expected something stronger with that one. Do you Feel it? though. Felt that. Good variation between tracks, but could've hat a bit more power.

3/5

Astronautalis - This Is Our Science

Interesting! I feel like I might've heard some of this before, but I don't recognize the name, or cover, or anything specific. The songs feel both powerful and chaotic. The style reminded me a little bit of Flipside at the start - who I used to listen a ton to, but as it goes on it becomes muddy and unspecific. More chaotic than meaningful in my ears.

I love the arrangement at the start, the energy, the pauses, but it all blends together and becomes a bit diffuse towards the end. "One For The Money" maybe proves that point - even if it was done in jest. It just runs out. All that's great about it. Inspiration. Energy. Creativity. Arrangement. Budget, maybe.

I appreciate the style overall, though if there's something I don't like it's the lack of clarity sometimes. He raps fast sometimes but doesn't really accentuate properly, even though he doesn't slur per se - it seems more so a part of the style, and the production quality is somewhat layered and noisy, which makes for a cool atmosphere, but not always that crisp lyrics. I feel like there's too little focus on that. They're meaningful, yet hidden away. The noise takes over. The beat's muddled with other sounds and it all goes a bit too far. IMHO.

Maybe that's not the best analysis though. I loved the first song, and that was pretty chaotic too, but somehow the ones that follow just don't build as well. I feel like the first one was the best one. Was an interesting listen, but I'm left a little disappointed. Not sure what I'm really missing.

Will definitely listen more to this guy though. Unconventional rap.

3/5

TBC. Ciao for now....

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-07-03 16:38:09 (edited 2019-07-03 16:41:04)

At 7/1/19 05:51 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Sleater-Kinney - Dig Me Out. Maybe other albums are better.

Their later albums have more conventional singing and are good but drastically less interesting as a result, their earlier stuff has outright screaming and they're 2 abrasive 4 me. Dig Me Out has the perfect balance and Corin's voice (and the layered vocals) on there is what skyrockets it to one of my all time favourite albums. We're coming from two totally incompatible stances if you don't think the vocals on One More Hour or Words and Guitar are phenomenal.

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-07-13 07:58:51 (edited 2019-07-13 07:59:34)

What's up, friends? Due to some scheduling hiccups we skipped last week, but now we're BACK with a CERTIFIED #CLASSIC pick from ya boy @ryanson. This week we'll be rocking out to Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell, an album I've sorta ignored for some reason and never listened to all the way through so I'm p pumped about this one. Tonight's live listening party will begin at 7PM EST.

Super-ultra-hyper-mega-meta-Lydian exclusive Discord link: https://discord.gg/Wn9wAV

iu_39399_3064767.png

@ornery @S3C @SevenSeize @RoboSeven @Slint @sheriffofnewgrounds @SukiWukiDookie @TheMajormel @Ryanson @Dean @Cyberdevil @Dr-Worm

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-07-13 08:22:08

At 7/13/19 07:58 AM, Oolaph wrote: What's up, friends? Due to some scheduling hiccups we skipped last week, but now we're BACK with a CERTIFIED #CLASSIC pick from ya boy @ryanson. This week we'll be rocking out to Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell, an album I've sorta ignored for some reason and never listened to all the way through so I'm p pumped about this one. Tonight's live listening party will begin at 7PM EST.

Super-ultra-hyper-mega-meta-Lydian exclusive Discord link: https://discord.gg/Wn9wAV

@ornery @S3C @SevenSeize @RoboSeven @Slint @sheriffofnewgrounds @SukiWukiDookie @TheMajormel @Ryanson @Dean @Cyberdevil @Dr-Worm

I got a hurricane hitting my house today, and the worst should be arriving tonight, but I'll do my best not to die during this party.

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-07-13 19:07:03

At 7/13/19 07:58 AM, Oolaph wrote: What's up, friends? Due to some scheduling hiccups we skipped last week, but now we're BACK with a CERTIFIED #CLASSIC pick from ya boy @ryanson. This week we'll be rocking out to Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell, an album I've sorta ignored for some reason and never listened to all the way through so I'm p pumped about this one. Tonight's live listening party will begin at 7PM EST.

What a excellent choice!

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-07-13 20:26:05

I have always loved Deltron 3030, and I want in on the roster.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-07-14 22:12:44

After finally listening to Bat Out of Hell, I gotta say I'm a bit underwhelmed. I found myself most impressed by the lyrics and storytelling within the songs, and lyrics are typically the least of my concerns on a first listen, so something must be wrong here. The harmonic elements of the pieces here felt so simplistic that they just faded away into the background, which is a shame because the structure really had potential to bring the music to really exciting places. Meat Loaf definitely has a grand set of pipes on him, and his performance is what saved the record for me. I'm slapping a 3/5 on it, but that rating probably wouldn't hold up after a handful more listens.

At 7/13/19 08:26 PM, Phobotech wrote: I have always loved Deltron 3030, and I want in on the roster.

I just spun it again earlier today with Jackho since he missed the listening party the other week. It still gets better with every listen. We choose each week's listener from a pool of participants from the previous two weeks, so as long as you keep listening to the new picks you'll be in the running. Most of the discussion of the albums tends to occur during the live listenalongs, which I honestly didn't really expect. I'm going to make an effort to make review posts each week in here to connect with anyone following along outside of the live parties (i'll be drafting up a reply to that novel you posted eventually, cyberdevil)

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-07-15 14:41:57 (edited 2019-07-15 14:42:26)

So in order to officialize my participation, should i write my thoughts on the most recent album here?

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-07-15 14:54:44

At 7/15/19 02:41 PM, Phobotech wrote: So in order to officialize my participation, should i write my thoughts on the most recent album here?

Yeah man, pull up the lyrics and give it a listen, tell me what you think. I might give it another try later this week, I'd like to hear what aspects of the record stand out to people so I can maybe change my perspective a bit.

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-07-20 09:52:13

Aloha, my ohana. This week's album was chosen by @ryanson's little brother, Gunnar, and boy did he pick an album for you. His pick was Pink Floyd's Meddle, a truly historical gem in the Floyd discography. Get ready to enjoy a variety pack of a side A, and then you flip that wax over and the entirety of side B is "Echoes", the GREATEST SONG EVER WRITTEN BY PINK FLOYD. Get ready to venture into unexplored territory with Gilmour & the Boys tonight at 7PMEST in the Discord listening party.

Super-ultra-hyper-mega-meta-Lydian exclusive Discord link: https://discord.gg/EDSzBz

iu_40901_3064767.png

@ornery @S3C @SevenSeize @RoboSeven @Slint @sheriffofnewgrounds @SukiWukiDookie @TheMajormel @Ryanson @Dean @Cyberdevil @Dr-Worm @Phobotech

Response to Album of the Week ♫ 2019-07-20 10:13:05

I'm going to a party tonight so I can't come

But I really don't WANT to go to the party

Could someone please come kidnap me?

BBS Signature