00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mihaithecool just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Saffronette's Art Dumpin' Dump

356 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey so I have a lot of pieces I did from 2016-2017 and I wanted to put them here instead of my main gallery. When I started doing digital art I used Paint Tool Sai, but I soon got tired of it and started using Krita in 2016.

This one here I drew is based on a Second Life avatar I use quite a lot. Her name is Asymmetri and she's quite the mouthful.

Response to Saffronette's Art Dumpin' Dump 2018-12-16 04:23:22

sofar looking good I hope to see much more from you here and the portal.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Saffronette's Art Dumpin' Dump 2018-12-16 23:07:27

At 12/16/18 04:23 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: sofar looking good I hope to see much more from you here and the portal.

~X~

Thank you very much! I didn't have many people looking at my art when I was on tumblr.

Response to Saffronette's Art Dumpin' Dump 2018-12-16 23:15:32

Also looking back, using SAI was such a chore because of how hard it was to install things like brushes...it seemed so complicated, unlike Krita which has its own bundles.

This piece was also just a random one I did one day. I wasn't drawing at all for a long period of time...

Also the UI of SAI was just getting on my nerves....it seemed so cluttered to me. Plus it seemed lacking in a lot of features.

This is an OC that pretty old (made her when I was a teen) and she had a different name as well. I do plan on doing a full body picture of her. She's quite fun to draw; I still like her colors and eyelashes a lot.

Response to Saffronette's Art Dumpin' Dump 2018-12-17 03:10:31

I tried Krita a little bit, but I couldn't stand its smooth stroke feature. Very hard to get the right feeling out of it. Gimp's is way better, I think it has a speed-related component that makes it feel much more natural.

Welcome to NewGrounds. I did DeviantArt before NG, and there's definitely a lot more exposure for artists here. NG used to be a lot more critical, which could be annoying, but it was mostly genuinely helpful. I think people have quieted down since then, but hopefully the new wave of artist will wake things up again. Have fun here.

Response to Saffronette's Art Dumpin' Dump 2018-12-17 05:25:48

At 12/17/18 03:10 AM, AcetheSuperVillain wrote: I tried Krita a little bit, but I couldn't stand its smooth stroke feature. Very hard to get the right feeling out of it. Gimp's is way better, I think it has a speed-related component that makes it feel much more natural.

Welcome to NewGrounds. I did DeviantArt before NG, and there's definitely a lot more exposure for artists here. NG used to be a lot more critical, which could be annoying, but it was mostly genuinely helpful. I think people have quieted down since then, but hopefully the new wave of artist will wake things up again. Have fun here.

That's understandable. I mention free art programs a lot because people feel like they have to use torrents of SAI and Photoshop. I fell into the trap of feeling like I had to use SAI to get popular. I have Gimp as well, but for editing textures and photos.

Response to Saffronette's Art Dumpin' Dump 2018-12-19 01:13:34

Another older piece I did randomly. Just wanted to try my hand at making a cute cyclops girl.

iu_67_7117660.png

Response to Saffronette's Art Dumpin' Dump 2018-12-23 09:15:31

Another pair of old OCs. Luna (left) and Sola (right) are sisters. Why do they look so different? Well because they're supposed to resemble their parents. Luna looks like her father as with Sola looking like her mother. I even made a weird race for them too called Catians. Sometimes they could just have horns.

iu_408_7117660.jpg

Response to Saffronette's Art Dumpin' Dump 2018-12-23 09:20:23

Another thing I did randomly. It's based on a Second Life skin I have and used for quite a while. I've yet to make a sphinx that walks on all fours on SL though...

iu_409_7117660.jpg

Response to Saffronette's Art Dumpin' Dump 2018-12-23 09:34:39

This one's more of a weirder piece...

Its based on something I saw in a tapestry. Now by this time when I was still using SAI I started experimenting with the brushes more. I liked how the fur looked but the initial line art wasn't my best. Getting the tail straight was troubling, because I didn't know anything about stabilizers and people kept me in the dark about it. Plus no line tool to speak of.

Now if I redid this in Krita the lines would be much smoother and sharper.

iu_410_7117660.jpg

Response to Saffronette's Art Dumpin' Dump 2018-12-23 09:37:28

Drew this for Pancake Day. Also tried a different style of lines.

iu_411_7117660.jpg

Response to Saffronette's Art Dumpin' Dump 2018-12-23 09:43:17

Something that took a long time to finish because of personal hangups I had about drawing this kind of stuff. I used to get scolded quite a lot for drawing mythical creatures. And I felt that my digital art wasn't going to be good enough for people to even look at. Despite this I wanted to keep drawing the things I enjoyed without restrictions from others.

iu_412_7117660.jpg