00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gaffi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is there a way to respond ...

439 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Is there a way to respond ... 2018-12-08 21:38:22

To comment responses? So like, I comment on someone's work, they comment back, and comment in a way that's looking for a response... is there a way to give that response in the comments? because im not seeing a button for it anywhere really. :/

Also, how does one get their art to show up in the "new" section when you upload it initially? Do you have to be "scouted" first?

BBS Signature

On submissions? No, we don't have comments, we have reviews. As an author you're able to respond to reviews if you want.

For your work to be public you'll need to be scouted. If you have at least 4 submissions and they're of good enough quality I'm sure an already scouted author will scout you - make sure you choose the right person to scout you as sometimes people who scout a lot of artists may be pruned (like a tree branch if they get pruned, you go with them! so you want to make sure it's somebody you trust won't get you pruned too!)

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

At 12/8/18 11:28 PM, Malachy wrote: On submissions? No, we don't have comments, we have reviews. As an author you're able to respond to reviews if you want.

For your work to be public you'll need to be scouted. If you have at least 4 submissions and they're of good enough quality I'm sure an already scouted author will scout you - make sure you choose the right person to scout you as sometimes people who scout a lot of artists may be pruned (like a tree branch if they get pruned, you go with them! so you want to make sure it's somebody you trust won't get you pruned too!)

OOOOH ok, I get it. They're meant to be "reviews" not just comments. Makes sense. And so you do need to be scouted then to be able to have your stuff show up. Ok, ok. It's all makin more sense now.

So, how can you tell when someones scouted you? and when that happens does all your art show up in the new section all at once? or... how does that work for older stuffs.

Also, thnx for takin the time to respond dude! You were really helpful. <3

BBS Signature

Response to Is there a way to respond ... 2018-12-09 05:11:36

At 12/9/18 02:23 AM, SenpaiTreble wrote: So, how can you tell when someones scouted you?

You get an invite and have to accept.

and when that happens does all your art show up in the new section all at once? or... how does that work for older stuffs.

The listings go by submission date, which doesn't change.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Is there a way to respond ... 2018-12-12 08:51:08

At 12/9/18 02:23 AM, SenpaiTreble wrote: OOOOH ok, I get it. They're meant to be "reviews" not just comments. Makes sense. And so you do need to be scouted then to be able to have your stuff show up. Ok, ok. It's all makin more sense now.

Yes, though your work will still show up on your profile either way, in the feed of anyone who follows you and on the unscouted section which...

So, how can you tell when someones scouted you? and when that happens does all your art show up in the new section all at once? or... how does that work for older stuffs.

...is where scouts usually find you. Scouting basically brings your art into the spotlight. :) Some more info on how scouting works here: https://ornery.newgrounds.com/news/post/388624

As for your art showing up after being scouted, it's displayed chronologically both in feeds and on the main page, so it'll show up there at the time/order it was posted, not all at once but interweaved with the main stream. Hope that makes sense?

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Is there a way to respond ... 2018-12-12 18:13:15

Those are both very helpful answers. Thanks for takin the time to fill me in on it all.

BBS Signature

Response to Is there a way to respond ... 2018-12-13 05:03:41

At 12/12/18 06:13 PM, SenpaiTreble wrote: Those are both very helpful answers. Thanks for takin the time to fill me in on it all.

Happy to help!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature