00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GhostFerret just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Am I allowed to post in art forum?

221 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

If I'm really bad at art? One of the rules says "Remember that any new thread in the Art Forum must be worthy of the attention of our talented pool of artists and moderators."

But I'm really bad at art, as hard as I try. My art probably ISN'T worthy. Would I get banned for posting my bad art?

At 12/6/18 04:25 PM, KuchikiConsort wrote: If I'm really bad at art? One of the rules says "Remember that any new thread in the Art Forum must be worthy of the attention of our talented pool of artists and moderators."

But I'm really bad at art, as hard as I try. My art probably ISN'T worthy. Would I get banned for posting my bad art?

Nah, don’t worry too much about that rule. It was added a long time ago when people were creating a lot of ‘junk’ threads with intentionally crappy art just to be annoying.

If you’re putting legit effort into it, no matter what your skill level, you should absolutely post your art in the art forum! Some of the best topics are the ‘showcase threads’ where you can see their progression from beginner to crazy good. Who knows, if you keep at it, yours could rank right up there with ‘em, so... DO IT!

At 12/6/18 06:09 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:

:If you’re putting legit effort into it, no matter what your skill level, you should absolutely post your art in the art forum! Some of the best topics are the ‘showcase threads’ where you can see their progression from beginner to crazy good. Who knows, if you keep at it, yours could rank right up there with ‘em, so... DO IT!:

Okay, whew. That makes me feel so much better. Thanks!

At 12/6/18 04:25 PM, KuchikiConsort wrote: If I'm really bad at art?
But I'm really bad at art
My art probably ISN'T worthy.

I probably should have checked your art before I replied. Now that I have I need to add:
You’re being waaaay too hard on yourself! It’s more than worthy! *thumbs up*

Of course you can, you're free to post any art you make. But! With that being said, you're gonna need to have thick skin because you'll get critiques. If you're not ready for that, then it wouldn't be wise.

So don't be afraid to post your art as long as you're comfortable with getting feedback-- it's not a matter or worthy or not worthy since there's artists of all skill levels who post on there.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Am I allowed to post in art forum? 2018-12-07 06:54:11

At 12/6/18 06:18 PM, KuchikiConsort wrote: Okay, whew. That makes me feel so much better. Thanks!

You should perhaps also consider that a great opportunity to gather tips from more experienced artists.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature