00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

heyitsjustpIxel just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anim Jam: What's in the Basement?

15,963 Views | 45 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Today we begin ROUND FIVE, the final round of our Animation Summer Jams!

The Round Five theme is WHAT'S IN THE BASEMENT?

Everyone is welcome to participate in this jam, regardless of whether you participated in the previous rounds.

Rules:

Minimum length: 15 seconds.

Include "BasementJam" in your tags so we find your entry.

Music must not present licensing / royalty issues. Good resources include the Audio Portal (see Creative Commons info or ask for permission), an original composition by a teammate or one of these many royalty-free resources.

As lead animator, you may partner with background artists, in-betweeners, colorers, writers, voice actors, musicians and sound effects artists.

The lead animator is the one who earns points in each round of this event. Support members may work with multiple animators and change things up each round.

Due Date:

Monday, October 1st at 3PM EST.

What better way to kick off Halloween month than with a bunch of creepy / funny animation?

Previous rounds:

1. Bad Dream Jam
2. Modern Robots, 1930s Animation Jam
3. Problems of the Future Jam
4. Sexy People Doing Ugly Things

Other News

If you notice the site acting up at times this week, it's because we're making infrastructure changes to improve video streaming and seeking. Did you know NG has the best video quality among major platforms? Compare your favorite animations on NG to their counterparts on other sites and you'll see what I mean.

Your help with these ongoing efforts is greatly needed and appreciated; become a Newgrounds supporter so we can keep making this place better! Newgrounds is always a work in progress and we really want to be the best place on the web.

If you can't provide monetary support, you can still help a ton by engaging in the site and community. View, vote, review, follow, favorite - it's all helpful. If you make your own original content, don't be shy! We love discovering new artists and developers.

It would be great to see a big turnout for the basement jam. Here's some promo art by @PhantomArcade!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-08-31 11:32:06

Sounds like another good round theme(guess I'll HAVE to participate)!

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-08-31 11:53:56

Can't wait to see all the scary and crazy things when we find out, What's in the Basement?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-08-31 12:25:32

Oh, this sounds like a classic theme. I can't wait to see what crazy things people come up with.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

GO ! GO ! GO ! Awesome theme ! Can't wait to see what peoples are coming up with !!

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-08-31 12:49:29

This is a fantastic Jam theme to have as October is closer and closer! ^_^ We are about to have a flood of spooky animations and games. October is the best month for Newgrounds every single year. I cannot wait! Halloween or Christmas, Tom? You have to pick a side! :P

What's in the Basement could be spooky or weird, perhaps even funny. Remember those Goosebumps books like Stay Out of The Basement and I Live in Your Basement? Those books rocked! Basement themes have always scared me and fascinated me at the same time. I am ready to see what the community produces. Good luck, everyone! :D

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-08-31 12:51:19

Oh, this one seems nice, I'm eager to see what people are gonna come up with! September is going to need to go really fast!

The Original Hip Cat

{Be Rational} {You've been...}

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-08-31 13:20:48

My body is ready

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-08-31 13:23:58

At 8/31/18 11:06 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Classic theme . Yet it always provides interesting and original ideas .

Drink coffee.

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-08-31 19:07:20

I was going to continue using my Austro Bogulous space characterfor these jams.... a spaceship can have a basement right?

BBS Signature

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-08-31 22:12:40

What's in the basement?

This is a question my legal team has advised me not to answer, @TomFulp

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-01 05:34:29

Oh heckers is it going to be a ride.

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-01 16:38:07

This theme is actually really good, I would love to make something for this IF MY CINTIQ WASN'T BROKEN. I wish this wasn't the last theme :'( Regardless, I'm looking forward to the entries, still catching up on the posts from the last theme but they're pretty good so far

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-01 19:00:32

Paired with the really simple but open theme and long deadline, I think we're gonna get some really cool stuff from this I'd say! Can't wait!

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-01 21:11:34

Hey, I like this idea. Can't wait for entries.

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-03 14:58:23

I’ll try to do something for this jam, but this means that I’ll be kinda spilt on two projects, so I’m not sure.

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-03 16:03:55

I will definitely try to do something for this, not sure if I'll get it done in time though.

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-04 00:58:36

I'd love to lend my voice to someone's project. Here's my demo: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/590431

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-04 01:41:31

Some nifty things going on in the grounds pretty nice.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-04 12:12:27

I would really like to try this out. I don't know if I'll have the confidence to submit something, but I may as well take advantage of this jam.

Good luck everyone.

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-04 13:49:39

At 9/4/18 12:12 PM, harri21hi wrote: I would really like to try this out. I don't know if I'll have the confidence to submit something, but I may as well take advantage of this jam.

Good luck everyone.

Go for it!

BBS Signature

At 8/31/18 11:06 AM, TomFulp wrote: Today we begin ROUND FIVE, the final round of our Animation Summer Jams!

The Round Five theme is WHAT'S IN THE BASEMENT?

Everyone is welcome to participate in this jam, regardless of whether you participated in the previous rounds.

sounds like fun! i think i'm gonna make an animated gif about "the basement" :)

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-04 22:32:33

just wondering, but is there a way to search the audio portal by the length of the song? Id like to use a song without editing it.

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-05 08:32:04

At 9/4/18 10:32 PM, MindChamber wrote: just wondering, but is there a way to search the audio portal by the length of the song? Id like to use a song without editing it.

If you click the Advanced link in Search, one of the options is "Length" which should be able to get you pretty close.

BBS Signature

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-05 18:07:06

Is there a limit to the age rating we should go for? Like no M- or A-rated material for the Jam?

- Aʟᴇx E. -

ANIMATOR

MUSICIAN

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-05 20:21:58

At 9/4/18 05:52 PM, siddikinz wrote: sounds like fun! i think i'm gonna make an animated gif about "the basement" :)

i made one, but it was too short because i was running out of time and rushed it :(
here's the link https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/siddikinz/trippyland-basement

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-06 07:31:01

At 9/5/18 06:07 PM, ade-syndicate wrote: Is there a limit to the age rating we should go for? Like no M- or A-rated material for the Jam?

No hard limit.

BBS Signature

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-06 16:40:39

I don't have a basement, it might be a little bit difficult for me to imagine. I might give it a shot.

BBS Signature

Are any of you super talented voice actors out there fluent in gibberish and interested in voicing a few lines, giggles/screams for the character below?
I have a rough animation done for part of it but having trouble finding suitable audio.

BBS Signature

Response to Anim Jam: What's in the Basement? 2018-09-07 10:24:10

At 9/5/18 08:32 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/4/18 10:32 PM, MindChamber wrote: just wondering, but is there a way to search the audio portal by the length of the song? Id like to use a song without editing it.
If you click the Advanced link in Search, one of the options is "Length" which should be able to get you pretty close.

That worked out great thanks.