00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More!

11,593 Views | 61 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-03 14:51:30

At 3/2/18 06:04 PM, Wiesi wrote: Congrats to the winners!

Caught you, you old potato farmer! No one won anything in this newspost! Of course the new favorite counter, the bowling event, and the release of Pit People is a bit of a win for all concerned... or bothered to read lol ;) How are ya, growing anything good this year?

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

About the Pit People Art Contest. Does it have to be just drawings? Or do comics count too?

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-03 18:03:25

At 3/2/18 02:01 PM, razorPunch wrote: Release Pit People on PS4 plz

That's never going to happen.
They still haven't released Battleblock Theater on there or Castle Crashers. You can only get the latter on PS3. I've been waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Battleblock Theater has been out for 5 years as of this year and I've given up hope any Behemoth games after Castle Crashers on the PS3. The only other Behemoth game you can get that is on a PlayStation console is Alien Hominid on the PlayStation 2.

totally NOT like there have been 3x as many PS4s sold than Xbox One..

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-03 21:30:14

I wonder what's the obsession with NG and Xbox, they're putting games on a dying console.

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-03 23:40:10

At 3/3/18 09:30 PM, solitonmedic wrote: I wonder what's the obsession with NG and Xbox, they're putting games on a dying console.

I believe it's probably due to the accessibility issue. Microsoft is actually better when it comes to providing assistance to game developers (e.g. their Dev Mode app for Xbone) and they make it easier for indie games to be released on their console. Sony, on the other hand, makes the process much more difficult and lacks comprehensive development tools.

It really is a shame, especially since Playstations continue to consistently outsell Xboxes by nearly double the units. On the singular issue of game development, M$ seems to have the upper hand.

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-04 00:40:08

At 3/3/18 04:09 PM, SilverDreams wrote: About the Pit People Art Contest. Does it have to be just drawings? Or do comics count too?

You can give a comic a shot!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-04 02:59:43

At 3/3/18 09:30 PM, solitonmedic wrote: I wonder what's the obsession with NG and Xbox, they're putting games on a dying console.

They are not ready to put games on the Switch. A living console.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

I do appreciate the effort that went into the new fave stuff, but I kinda liked how previously you just sorta had to stumble across a profile that had recently liked your thing to see if someone faved it. Takes away some of the magic to some extent, at least for me. Ah well. But I do like the fancy sorting stuff too, so you can see all the hotshots who like your things and whatnot.

Also Construct 3 Jam hyype, the last one was really great!

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-04 08:03:01

At 3/3/18 12:45 PM, TomFulp wrote: If anyone is curious, we updated the progress bar...

That's good to know! Hope it brings in some more, and doesn't seem disillusioning instead, like: an amount that's just not possible to reach anyway so why try...

Btw, might be good to redirect: https://www.newgrounds.com/supporters

...seems I often type in that page with an extra s by mistake. Assuming others might too.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-04 13:32:59

At 3/4/18 12:40 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/3/18 04:09 PM, SilverDreams wrote: About the Pit People Art Contest. Does it have to be just drawings? Or do comics count too?
You can give a comic a shot!

:never mind, I’m already starting a picture, but I might make Pit People comic when I have the time.

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-04 14:54:04

It was Put out on PC. there is likely much less of a hurdle to step it down into an XBox as opposed to a pS4 or switch

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-04 16:35:39

At 3/4/18 02:54 PM, MindChamber wrote:
It was Put out on PC. there is likely much less of a hurdle to step it down into an XBox as opposed to a pS4 or switch

That makes sense, but on the PS4 and Switch it could reach a much larger audience.

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-04 17:11:09

>The info boxes for animations, games, art and audio now include the number of Faves, listed under Views. You can click >the total to see the individual users who have faved something (this info has always been public via individual user pages). >You can also sort the list by date faved, username and user popularity.

:thumbsup:

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-04 18:19:50

Please release Pit People on PS4 as well Tom

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-04 22:29:02

At 3/4/18 06:19 PM, Steve84 wrote: Please release Pit People on PS4 as well Tom

I was talking about that earlier, and the Switch as well. The more consoles the better.

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-04 23:27:30

At 3/3/18 12:45 PM, TomFulp wrote: We were wondering though if this makes people less likely to support during the first half of the month, because they see that and think things are going great without them.

That explains so much, I this'll definitely give some people better perspective, I had no idea where that 3k came from so quickly.

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-05 08:49:34

I always ask for faves, but I had no idea if it was working, so it's cool to see that 100 people favorited one of my older games. Though, with 20,000 + plays, I'm not sure how good that is.

I think the Tom banner should look sadder.

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-05 08:54:41

>I think the Tom banner should look sadder.

Yeah man, add some tears

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-05 09:48:27

Xbox One is a great platform and has always done well for us.

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-05 14:54:38

At 3/5/18 08:54 AM, carbonlad wrote: >I think the Tom banner should look sadder.

Yeah man, add some tears

No, it is sad enough. We need less of that banner.

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-05 22:06:04

I was a huge fan of Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers. Last night, when I saw this message, I rushed out and bought Pit People on Xbox. I don't have a ton of play time in it yet, but it's a worthy "successor" (obviously not a "sequel") to those games. The game play seems cool, and the narrator is a stitch. Great work Tom!

Tlaero

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-06 01:39:16

At 3/2/18 02:01 PM, TomFulp wrote: Pit People Release

Awesome!

To celebrate, we're hosting a Pit People Art Contest! Ten winners will receive free Steam keys. Click that link for details.

Even more awesome!

Faves on Content

Just noticed this. Something I didn't even know I was waiting for until you mentioned earlier. Great addition.

The info boxes for animations, games, art and audio now include the number of Faves, listed under Views.
Thank you everyone who has become a Supporter!

My sub runs out in August. I think I might be able to rustle up another spare 25 for the year to come though. :)

Artists & developers, imagine if your content on NG had no ads and you didn't have to ask people for money, yet you still got paid based on the success of your work - THAT is the dream for the Supporter system if it ever gets big enough! Our goal for now is increased monthly prizes when we hit 2,500 active supporters.

Please, thank you! I no longer qualify to make money from my YT, largely because they're cronies -- but hey, let's not go there. NG being able to compensate content creators is high on my wishlist.

NG Philly Meetup this Weekend

IvanAlmighty has organized a Philly meetup tomorrow night, Saturday, March 3rd! We're meeting at Revolutions bowling at 6pm and some of us will end up at Barcade. See Ivan's post for more info and maybe we'll see you there!

Missed it, but one of these days, I'll get around to showing up to an event. After all, I have an excuse to be up that way now that one of my buddies has moved to DC. Only about a 3 hour drive between the two. :P

I don't know if I'll be able to keep it up but I've been dabbling with making monthly playlists of new stuff I hear on NG. Here are February and January.

This puts a smile on my face.

The Story Goes On

@BrandyBuizel just released The Story Goes On on both Steam and Xbox One! To celebrate and also help NG, he's giving away ten free copies to random people who reply to his thread in the Supporter Forum.

Ooh, exciting. And best wishes to @BrandyBuizel -- as I know releasing games is some tricky stuff these days. Hoping for some good sales!

We will be revealing the theme of our next Construct 3 Jam this Thursday, March 8th!

2 days to go! Well, technically.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-06 08:10:36

At 3/2/18 02:01 PM, TomFulp wrote: The info boxes for animations, games, art and audio now include the number of Faves, listed under Views. You can click the total to see the individual users who have faved something (this info has always been public via individual user pages). You can also sort the list by date faved, username and user popularity.

I love this feature.

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-06 10:41:23

At 3/6/18 01:39 AM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 3/2/18 02:01 PM, TomFulp wrote: The Story Goes On

@BrandyBuizel just released The Story Goes On on both Steam and Xbox One! To celebrate and also help NG, he's giving away ten free copies to random people who reply to his thread in the Supporter Forum.
Ooh, exciting. And best wishes to @BrandyBuizel -- as I know releasing games is some tricky stuff these days. Hoping for some good sales!

According to our publisher we're averaging at least 100 new players per day since launch! I don't know if that's good, but I'm sure as shit happy to hear it :)

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-07 23:11:36

Is it me, or has most of the orange text gotten a little darker, or off hue?

Not complaining, just wanna be first on record for noticing.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-08 01:38:44

At 3/7/18 11:11 PM, VicariousE wrote: Is it me, or has most of the orange text gotten a little darker, or off hue?

No you're not going crazy, it has shifted

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-08 10:34:24

At 3/8/18 01:38 AM, IvanAlmighty wrote:
At 3/7/18 11:11 PM, VicariousE wrote: Is it me, or has most of the orange text gotten a little darker, or off hue?

No you're not going crazy, it has shifted

Oh that's an interesting observation! :O It does seem that way yeah...

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-08 11:04:11

You are indeed correct! We are tinkering with some color customization abilities and are trying this as the default link color because it matches a color @JohnnyUtah used in the upcoming NEWGROUNDS header text.

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-08 19:08:28

Yes, it did. I thought it was just my eyes acting up.

You are the first person to make a post about it. Nice work.

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People, Faves, Meetup & More! 2018-03-14 12:03:03

At 3/8/18 07:08 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 3/7/18 11:11 PM, VicariousE wrote: Not complaining, just wanna be first on record for noticing.
You are the first person to make a post about it. Nice work.

Actually...

BBS Signature