00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need help with a sound problem

350 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Need help with a sound problem 2018-01-21 18:38:29

Hihi

I'm currently working on a visual novel using adobe animate but I'm having a problem with random sounds playing whenever a button is pressed.

I first noticed it in the scene select menu, if I press one of the buttons to jump to a scene, it starts playing a sound effect, even if that sound effect isn't in the scene Dx

It's happening with other buttons too and I have no idea what's causing it

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks x

Response to Need help with a sound problem 2018-01-21 19:54:44

At 1/21/18 06:38 PM, HayleyPetHarley wrote: I first noticed it in the scene select menu, if I press one of the buttons to jump to a scene, it starts playing a sound effect, even if that sound effect isn't in the scene Dx

It's happening with other buttons too and I have no idea what's causing it

Kinda sounds like you added the sound to the button's timeline, so it plays every time you click. You should mess around and see what exactly is causing the sound. If you make the button clickable but remove the scene select function, you'll be able to isolate if it's the button's fault or the scene's fault.

Response to Need help with a sound problem 2018-01-21 20:23:46

There's no sound in the button timeline, I'm not sure what causes the error but it seems to only happen when jumping around the actual timeline

Even this is inconsistent though as some "goto" buttons play a sound, and others don't Dx

Response to Need help with a sound problem 2018-01-25 08:39:46

At 1/21/18 08:23 PM, HayleyPetHarley wrote: There's no sound in the button timeline, I'm not sure what causes the error but it seems to only happen when jumping around the actual timeline

Even this is inconsistent though as some "goto" buttons play a sound, and others don't Dx

Which frames have it and which don't? Can you post a screenshot?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature