00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PuffyBussie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Video games and motion sickness

7,217 Views | 96 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-06-25 21:53:42

At 6/23/18 01:16 PM, RockstarDude wrote:
At 6/7/18 06:07 AM, Zophar wrote:
All the time I get motion sickness, if I play for over an hour.
That's because I don't really play video games.
Ever played Rockstar? Its a game and a half.

Rockstar caused you motion sickness, or you just like it?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-06-30 17:01:01

At 6/30/18 01:31 PM, RockstarDude wrote:
At 6/25/18 09:53 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 6/23/18 01:16 PM, RockstarDude wrote:
At 6/7/18 06:07 AM, Zophar wrote:
All the time I get motion sickness, if I play for over an hour.
That's because I don't really play video games.
Ever played Rockstar? Its a game and a half.
Rockstar caused you motion sickness, or you just like it?
I played it til I fell passed out. woke up to a giant headache. that count?

Motion Sickness usually happens while you are playing the game. I am not sure about it happening the next day?

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-08-01 12:55:19

A while ago these was this Portal-esque game called Antichamber. It was in first-person and involved solving a lot of physics puzzled based around optical illusions. Playing it for a few hours not only gave me motion sickness, it also gave me a VIOLENT migraine.

Video games and motion sickness

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-08-02 03:48:04

At 8/1/18 12:55 PM, Orbital-Death-Ray wrote: A while ago these was this Portal-esque game called Antichamber. It was in first-person and involved solving a lot of physics puzzled based around optical illusions. Playing it for a few hours not only gave me motion sickness, it also gave me a VIOLENT migraine.

I can see how that would trigger motion sickness in most people and/or a migraine. Games like that are the reason that I created this topic.

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-08-04 21:16:41

I get terrible motion sickness from just about every first-person game (Portal is the worst but even Doom gets me after a while.) 3rd person games can make me sick depending on how the camera works and if I play long enough.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-08-05 04:43:09

At 8/4/18 09:16 PM, Kwing wrote: I get terrible motion sickness from just about every first-person game (Portal is the worst but even Doom gets me after a while.) 3rd person games can make me sick depending on how the camera works and if I play long enough.

First person shooters can be trouble when you have motion sickness. Portal and Doom have both been reported as offenders. Any other games that can trigger an event for you?

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-08-24 02:16:21

https://www.lifewire.com/video-games-and-motion-sickness-3562484

This is a great link that not only explain Video games and motion sickness, but also offers some great tips to make you feel better.

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-08-28 02:25:08

At 8/27/18 05:43 AM, NanoPhoenix wrote: I occasionally get a slight headache, but I don't think I've experienced motion sickness from a game before.

A slight headache is not bad at all. Motion Sickness can be horrible.

If a video game ever gives you an issue list it here.

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-08-28 22:55:24

At 8/28/18 10:44 PM, lamb612000 wrote: I'll typically get a headache before I get nauseous/motion sickness from something, like a video game. So since I get the headache first, I'll quit playing. I'm not a big fan of most 1st-person-shooter type games, and this is a big reason.

A headache can be annoying. Do you remember which game caused you the most trouble?

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-08-29 00:06:49

At 8/28/18 11:20 PM, Quisty wrote: VR causes this for me.

VR has been known to cause motion sickness.

But regular gaming isnt an issue.

That is good news.

I have made this topic to list any specific video games that can trigger motion sickness.

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-08-29 21:48:34

At 8/28/18 10:46 PM, lamb612000 wrote:
At 8/1/18 12:55 PM, Orbital-Death-Ray wrote: A while ago these was this Portal-esque game called Antichamber. It was in first-person and involved solving a lot of physics puzzled based around optical illusions. Playing it for a few hours not only gave me motion sickness, it also gave me a VIOLENT migraine.
Just watching this GIF gave me a small headache. There's no way I could play for several minutes, let alone several hours. Does this game come with a warning? Cause if it doesn't, it really should. That could really screw with some people.

Nope, no warning. The whole game isn't QUITE as bad as that GIF, but the stark neon colors and optical illusions are quite intense. It's a shame, because the puzzles are pretty clever and I was kinda enjoying it until I had to stop. I won't be playing it again, in any case =_=

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-08-30 15:24:06

At 8/29/18 09:48 PM, Orbital-Death-Ray wrote:
At 8/28/18 10:46 PM, lamb612000 wrote:
Just watching this GIF gave me a small headache. That could really screw with some people.
Nope, no warning. The whole game isn't QUITE as bad as that GIF, but the stark neon colors and optical illusions are quite intense. It's a shame, because the puzzles are pretty clever and I was kinda enjoying it until I had to stop. I won't be playing it again, in any case =_=

It always sucks when I good game is ruined. Antichamber would be an excellent game, but the neon colors and optical effects are too extreme. I will add it to the list of offending games.

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-09-29 14:25:30

At 12/11/17 02:12 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: With crazy camera movement and the way it shakes. Excessive rotation movement or flashing colors.
Has a video game ever made you feel motion sickness?

I hate motion sickness. Ruins video games for me.

honestly, I really don't think I've ever had motion sickness from a game
playing shit like audiosurf doesn't mess with me either
my girlfriend gets it with almost every game I play/watch, especially when I rotate camera in shit like BotW or a t/fps game
I never understood it, but I played CoD on highest sens on Xbox too lol

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-10-04 18:10:31

At 9/29/18 02:25 PM, DiscoPotato wrote:
At 12/11/17 02:12 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: With crazy camera movement and the way it shakes. Excessive rotation movement or flashing colors.

Are you able to play any video game? Is there one particular game that causes you to have issues?

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-10-13 14:25:34

At 10/4/18 06:10 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/29/18 02:25 PM, DiscoPotato wrote:
At 12/11/17 02:12 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: With crazy camera movement and the way it shakes.
Are you able to play any video game? Is there one particular game that causes you to have issues?

I can play older games. Pac Man and super mario nintendo games. New games trigger it on me.

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-10-13 23:42:54

I got vertigo from playing the 3DS version of Sonic Lost World. The bonus stages force you to use the gyroscope.

While it wasn't motion sickness, playing Risk of Rain for too long gives me a pounding headache. The player is extremely tiny and you'll be straining your eyes to concentrate on him unless you're playing on the Vita or Switch in handheld mode.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-10-15 03:00:08

At 10/13/18 11:42 PM, Chdonga wrote: I got vertigo from playing the 3DS version of Sonic Lost World. The bonus stages force you to use the gyroscope.

Death Jr. on the PSP gave me motion sickness as well. The camera is just awful, much too close to the characters and as a result it constantly spins around and points in the wrong direction (and AFAIK you can't even adjust it manually). The second installment of the game has a much better camera, that is manually adjustable as well. As a result, I don't get motion sickness from that game.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-10-15 06:57:21

Nope, not a once.

Cuz I'm not a pussy

I kid, kinda.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-10-19 03:51:11

At 10/13/18 11:42 PM, Chdonga wrote: I got vertigo from playing the 3DS version of Sonic Lost World. The bonus stages force you to use the gyroscope.

The gyroscope gave you vertigo. Has anybody else has this issue?

While it wasn't motion sickness, playing Risk of Rain for too long gives me a pounding headache. The player is extremely tiny and you'll be straining your eyes to concentrate on him unless you're playing on the Vita or Switch in handheld mode.

You are the first to mention Risk of Rain. I will have to add it to the list of offenders.

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-11-08 03:52:34

At 11/4/18 11:45 PM, TheCandyRosebud wrote:
it never happened to me,but it sometimes happens to other people i know

Do you know which games has caused it to happen to the people you know?

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-11-09 03:36:55

At 11/8/18 04:45 PM, TheCandyRosebud wrote: Need for Speed and Kingdom Hearts are examples

I can understand Need for Speed, but which parts of Kingdom Hearts trigger motion sickness?

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-11-10 13:01:23

At 11/9/18 05:40 PM, TheCandyRosebud wrote: the camera

Crazy camera movement and the way it shakes can cause issues. You have to be vigilant when trying to prevent motion sickness.

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-11-26 04:17:06

At 11/24/18 03:31 PM, StrangeTimes wrote: I am not sure if I have it. Do you have to take pills if you have it?

Yes, they make pills to help with motion sickness. They make pills for almost anything these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-12-11 11:35:25

At 12/8/18 01:39 PM, StrangeTimes wrote:
At 11/26/18 04:17 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 11/24/18 03:31 PM, StrangeTimes wrote: I am not sure if I have it. Do you have to take pills if you have it?
Yes, they make pills to help with motion sickness. They make pills for almost anything these days.
Gonna have to take start getting those pills if I keep over gaming.

You should go for it. The pills will help you and make you feel better. Nobody should have to suffer for doing something fun that they enjoy.

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-12-24 18:14:08

At 12/22/18 12:52 PM, StrangeTimes wrote:
At 12/11/18 11:35 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/8/18 01:39 PM, StrangeTimes wrote:
Gonna have to take start getting those pills if I keep over gaming.
You should go for it. The pills will help you and make you feel better. Nobody should have to suffer for doing something fun that they enjoy.
Damn right. I want to game all the time, well when I have free time. I will take every pill that they make.

Of course, better living through Chemistry. You might want to double check all the side effects just to be safe. Some meds do not interact well.

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2018-12-29 18:38:34

A lot of them. Outlast is one of the big ones I can't watch or play. My kids love Bendy and the Ink Machine but that makes me motion sick too, not sure why.

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2019-01-07 03:35:19

At 12/29/18 06:38 PM, Abbyka wrote: A lot of them. Outlast is one of the big ones I can't watch or play. My kids love Bendy and the Ink Machine but that makes me motion sick too, not sure why.

I can add Outlast, and Bendy and the Ink Machine to the list of offenders.

BBS Signature

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2019-01-07 06:43:35

I always viewed motion sickness as a strictly american/british problem. Something in their blood.

I have never once, in my entire life heard of anybody from any nation that's population does not have british blood in it to suffer from motion sickness.

Response to Video games and motion sickness 2019-01-23 02:56:55

At 1/7/19 06:43 AM, Haruhater wrote: I always viewed motion sickness as a strictly american/british problem. Something in their blood.

That sounds like something that could be true. It would have to be examed to know for sure.

I have never once, in my entire life heard of anybody from any nation that's population does not have british blood in it to suffer from motion sickness.

The British did colonize many nations around the world. It could explain the wide spread issue of motion sickness.

BBS Signature