00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

7s3s just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games that should return

938 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Games that should return 2017-11-19 17:52:58

We've seen Crash Bandicoot make a comeback along with Toejam and Earl. It got me thinking. Was there ever a game series(or a one shot game) that you wanted to see return? Be it a sequel or a revival of sorts? I was talking about this with some of my online friends. The game has to be either from a one shot game that hasn't gotten an HD treatment or even a sequel, and a series that hasn't even been touched in years.

Billy Hatcher and the giant egg is one game I'd personally would like to see return(aside from all the other one shot games like Comix zone). It was nice to see something else come from Sonic team aside from Sonic games. It was a fun little game for the gamecube. Nowadays, Sega seems too heavily focused on the hedgehog. It would be nice to see Billy return in a new adventure aside from being reduced as a secondary character in the spin-off party games of Sega.

Wario Land is another one. When was the last time we saw Wario go on an adventure? There was Wario Land shake it, but that didn't do so hot for Nintendo money wise. Its kinda surprising that Nintendo hasn't done a new Wario land title for the 3DS. If they do another Wario land game. I'd like to see that be a mixture of Wario land shake it with a few pointers from Rayman Origins(in terms of platforming gameplay to get from one area to the next in some levels).

Response to Games that should return 2017-11-20 07:30:12

So does anyone remember Alien Shooter? I certainly do, and I'd love to get more from that series. It's campy and simplistic, but it's undeniably fun!

Games that should return

Response to Games that should return 2017-11-20 13:58:38

Mother 4 (not the fan made) or every Title from Valve (they can't count to 3, can they? :D)

Response to Games that should return 2017-11-20 15:54:48

At 11/20/17 01:58 PM, CaveDancer wrote: Mother 4 (not the fan made)

Previously unreleased Earthbound 64 on the N64 Classic...

or every Title from Valve (they can't count to 3, can they? :D)

Yes, I want to finish the Half-Life (and Portal) story before I die!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Games that should return 2017-11-21 00:00:11

At 11/20/17 03:54 PM, Painbringer wrote:

Now that i think about it that would be awesome if nintendo would do this

Response to Games that should return 2017-11-21 22:55:52

At 11/21/17 12:00 AM, CaveDancer wrote:
At 11/20/17 03:54 PM, Painbringer wrote:
Now that i think about it that would be awesome if nintendo would do this

It would be pretty sweet to see that reworked for a Switch title.

Response to Games that should return 2017-11-22 14:44:18

Final Fantasy tactics Advanced, or another 3d Donkey Kong (if that counts?)

Response to Games that should return 2017-12-06 18:11:20

I would like to see another Viewtiful Joe game

Response to Games that should return 2017-12-12 07:21:35 (edited 2017-12-12 07:22:28)

Oni! If I ever get rich enough I'll definitely fund a reboot myself, official or no. So much potential in that game that just never came across in other titles, and the story easily has room for at least one sequel. Still haven't found a fighting/FPS hybrid that compares at all.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Games that should return 2017-12-12 09:20:29

At 12/12/17 09:13 AM, Sekhem wrote: i would also appreciate another shogo - it balanced two genres in a similar way

Hmm graphics do look a little old... seems similar. Still worth playing?

Also came to think of Advance Wars, was hoping it'd come back with the 3DS, or the Switch after that... but seems like it's officially dead. Would be fun with Worms like it used to be too.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that should return 2017-12-12 10:52:49

At 12/12/17 10:44 AM, Sekhem wrote: if you're okay with playing a late 90s FPS, it holds up

i think there's a few issues with the version that's on steam so maybe research it a little if you do decide to spend 10$ on it

I can definitely do early nineties. :) Good to know.

a proper advance wars on the switch would be incredible - still waiting for fire emblem (though musou is fun as it is)

Ah yeah, that one franchise that so efficiently replaced it! Haven't tried it yet, feels like letting go of the original would be total defeat, but if they never do make a new...

BBS Signature

Response to Games that should return 2017-12-13 00:41:34

Would love to see some more silent Hill return that was just a beautiful game and a great time for it. Now they have zombie saturated junk

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Games that should return 2017-12-13 06:43:32

At 12/13/17 12:41 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Would love to see some more silent Hill return that was just a beautiful game and a great time for it. Now they have zombie saturated junk

Has been a long time since the last one! Thoughts on Resident Evil though? I tried both back in the day, but somehow ended up following the latter. Not as eerie, but maybe... easier? Or more material enemies, or a clearer storyline... not sure what it was, but Silent Hill was definitely a whole other world.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that should return 2017-12-13 12:43:00

At 11/19/17 05:52 PM, CLXcool wrote:next in some levels).

Just a new Sly Cooper game and that Ubisoft put back Ghost Recon Phantom on steam.And life will be a better thing to live !

Drink coffee.