00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yevs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New to Newgrounds and Digital Art

272 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

New to Newgrounds and Digital Art 2017-11-14 22:48:37

I'm new to Newgrounds but I've seen some really cool stuff on here and I want to learn how. I recently got a digital drawing pad and I don't know what software to use to make pictures or animations for a starter, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Response to New to Newgrounds and Digital Art 2017-11-15 02:33:20

At 11/14/17 10:48 PM, syych wrote: I'm new to Newgrounds but I've seen some really cool stuff on here and I want to learn how. I recently got a digital drawing pad and I don't know what software to use to make pictures or animations for a starter, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Hey! I might not be the best for doing this, but welcome to Newgrounds! If you're already well versed in using different mediums traditionally and in general already an experienced artist, Krita is an excellent free software. It doesn't run too smoothly though for some and has some annoying bugs at times. After getting used to it, you can try paid applications like Photoshop or Clip Studio which has better user interface (among other things).

If you're a beginner like I was (and still kinda am) FireAlpaca (or Medibang Paint, which is the slightly better version) is a good place to start. It's really simple so getting used to how things work doesn't take too long and you can also make GIFs with it! It is however very limited with the brushes and layer functions are pretty basic but I would still recommend you give it a go!

peskytarian

BBS Signature

Response to New to Newgrounds and Digital Art 2017-11-15 04:05:09

Hey there! Welcome to Newgrounds. I'm currently unloading my stuff as well. I'm a natural artist, and had gotten my start through whatever social media site I can get ahold of. Essentially I have a Facebook page anyone can like, a DeviantArt account, and a Tumblr art blog. Where ever social media site that got you started, I believe that Newgrounds is a great fresh start and potential for artists like you and me.