00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

UNTITLED: Android game w AS3 :)

254 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

PLEASE everyone help support this project if you are able! I'm not a random just coming in for this alone either.. I have been part of NG for a long, long time..

ONE OF MY FIRST GAMES ON NG - ZOMBIE HUNTER

Hey everyone. My company is working on a new UNTITLED survival horror game. Come check it out, built in Flash with AS3 then will FIRST be launched on Android!

GOFUNDME FOR THE NEW APP/GAME:
https://www.gofundme.com/shapp

Click HERE to go to the NATICA website.
NEW SURVIVAL HORROR VIDEO 1
VIDEO 2
VIDEO 3

Response to UNTITLED: Android game w AS3 :) 2017-10-21 11:37:00

New screenies

//UPDATE 10-28-17
Game is now titled "Perpetuum Hominine".
First trailer is completed.
Currently looking to hire an artist (please donate).

VIDEO:
Perpetuum Hominine First Look
FACEBOOK:
Natica Tech/Game Lab FB Page

WHY SHOULD YOU GIVE?
------Natica Tech/Game Lab is a 100% "Mom n Pop" independently owned and operated SMALL/LOCAL tech repair & game/app development company.

------Giving through GOFUNDME helps small businesses like Natica Tech/Game Lab. We are working hard to bring you wonderful new content and entertainment NEW to you! It isn't always easy to take time out of life to WORK on something that simply doesn't pay the bills! Natica Tech is hoping to depend on YOU (Our wonderful friends, family, and customers) to support our financial needs during developmental "grind time". It costs time, money and a lot of hard work to put together a full length entertainment mobile game.

------The Natica Tech/Game Lab team IS NOT full of already wealthy, "over the hill", looking for Gold or Retirement type team members. Natica Tech consists of HUNGRY and very OPTIMISTIC / GOAL ORIENTED small time developers and creators influenced by creativity. Every penny raised, will be very much appreciated and treated as if it's ten-fold.

------Natica Tech/Game Lab is registered on the Android Market and has won multiple awards through the gaming/cartoon website www.newgrounds.com . Natica Tech/Game Lab is hoping with YOUR HELP to make it to the next level in application and game development.
---------------------------------------------------------
WHAT DO YOU GET?
If you give-
-$5 : BRONZE
--get a free copy of the game upon Launch/Release
--your name in the credits.

If you give-
-$10 : SILVER
--get a free copy of the game
--early access to the beta release.
--your name in the credits

If you give-
-$20 or MORE: GOLD
--get a free copy of the game
--early access to the beta release
--early access to the alpha release
--signed original piece of artwork from the game
--your name in the credits
--custom exclusive in game items
------------------------------------------------------------
DEVELOPMENTAL STATUS:

Music:
10%
Artwork:
10%
Game Engine:
85%
Story/Content:
33%
Testing:
15%

Total Complete: 30.6%

Response to UNTITLED: Android game w AS3 :) 2017-11-03 08:30:46

The game looks like it has the potential to be fun but your first look trailer doesn't do a great job of communicating that.

18 seconds of intros. This might be tolerable if they were big names to get me excited about the game, were visually impressive and had accompanying sound effects etc but as it stands people will be bored before they even see the game.

20 seconds of you painting some white bits on the player character. This might be interesting to game developers but this does nothing to sell people on the merits of your game. If you must show development footage I'd either speed it up or do a separate devlog video.

30 Seconds of story in text form and it's as generic as it gets. This isn't necessarily a problem for the game itself but it does nothing to sell people on the game. If you had a good narrator for this part, some art etc this would be less of an issue but still it's generally better to show than tell.

1:12 before we see any player interaction and it's just a dice role. Most viewers would have left by this point. I like the background but the board could look nicer. I'm sure the full version will look better but remember this is the first thing anyone will see of the game. Why not call the RDSS a dice and skip the need for a lengthy explanation? I'd already got bored with the music by this point too.

1:25 I really like the artwork and choice mechanic. You could probably hook people in if this was in the first 20 seconds! The transitions are really nice too!

The game looks like it could be a perfectly adequate $5 Android game but your trailer is too long winded. I know you worked hard on it but sometimes less is more. Cut the fluff and show more gameplay/artwork/music.

Your Gofundme could do with a lot of work too.

In the why should you give section you just make yourself sound like a charity case. We're a small business, we need money, we're hungry, we need to work! This sort of thing should be secondary to telling the customer what they are going to get. What is your vision? What are they going to get from your game(s) by donating?

Also you mention having won multiple awards, what are they? If you don't link them people might assume you're lying.

I'm really not saying any of this to attack you or bring you down, quite the opposite. The game itself looks perfectly sellable and with an improved trailer and better gofundme you might be able to make it a good little earner for you.

Response to UNTITLED: Android game w AS3 :) 2017-11-03 16:01:00

Thanks for everything you've said. For real. Sometimes it is hard to convey exactly what you mean via the internet because we have no understanding of the persons inflection or intonation. All of your advice has been heavily taken into consideration. Since then, the game has been pushed over to KICKSTARTER as opposed to gofundme.
kickstarter link
Check it out and any advice on it as well would be great (unless its simply advice youve already given but we just havent adjusted it yet, trust me, were on our way as we like every word you said).

Thanks so much,
Nathan Sizemore