00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Poison Halloween Candy

927 Views | 11 Replies

Poison Halloween Candy 2017-10-17 19:38:53

On Halloween, It's a parent's worst nightmare and a child's deepest fear. A little ghost or goblin receives poison candy while trick or treating and is harmed with physical and mental scars, or worse yet -- fails to survive at all.These stories come in many forms right around the Halloween season. Newspaper and magazine stories repeat the annual warnings. E-mails are sent out, once again reminding parents and children that the innocent pleasure of trick-or-treating children get from Halloween is full of people wishing to hurt them.One would have to believe that there is a mean old man with warts on his nose lurking around on his porch, waiting for his next "victim". He gets his revenge on the greedy little children with tampered Halloween candy.Most of these stories consist of razor blades, needles, screws and other harmful things being inserted inside apples and popcorn balls. How about the arsenic or cyanide laced candy? Ever hear that one? These stories will once again be heard, with some variations as imaginations wander.I remember trick-or-treating years ago, with a sense of security until the stories would emerge once again, making me afraid to turn the next corner. Somehow, it took the fun out of it and soon thereafter, I had no desire to go.So how much basis is there to these poison Halloween candy stories? From what I've researched, there's very little evidence pointing directly to strangers intentionally tampering with Halloween candy, and less yet of someone attempting to harm the scores random of trick-or-treaters that turn up at their door. Unfortunately, in 1974, Ronald Clark O'Bryan of Waco, TX did indeed add cyanide to candy, though he was no stranger to the victims. He distributed the poisoned candy to his daughter, son and two other children. His son, Timothy O'Bryan ingested the candy, resulting in death. Large life insurance policies point to a motive. Ronald, aka "The Candyman" paid for his unthinkable crime with a lethal injection in March, 1984.While there's been many reports over the years, most of them were proved false alarms, or had an explanation that did not point to an individual trying to poison children trick-or treating. Some were actually pranks, pulled of by children attempting to alarm their parents!Still, with the media attention and the possible threat, this Halloween urban legend will never die. Because of the ideas it may give some insane, vindictive person, precautions must be taken. Unfortunately, Halloween will never be the same as it was back in the good ol' days.Halloween Candy Safety Tips
Limit your trick-or treating to the early hours.
Do not eat any candy or treats until it's been thoroughly examined.
Do not eat anything that has loose or open wrappers.
Do not eat anything that has not been store wrapped.
Take advantage of the hospitals offering their x-ray machines for detecting foreign objects.
If anything tastes "funny" spit it out and save it for any evidence that may be needed.

i am 1# newgrounds first celebrity,call me ninja kitty,i am a guardian christian of canada

BBS Signature

Response to Poison Halloween Candy 2017-10-17 19:45:14

Thanks for the tips.

My tip, paragraphs > wall of text.

Response to Poison Halloween Candy 2017-10-17 21:28:07

Tip: stay home on halloween. Head to the super market the next day and buy assloads of halloween candy on sale. Be fat

Don't bother getting mad at me. Im not important enough

Response to Poison Halloween Candy 2017-10-18 00:49:23

I've got a better idea, How about parents just buy their children candy they like on halloween?
It's better for everyone because 1. The children get candy they know they like instead of it being a gamble, 2. You don't have to either leave your children unaccompanied or spend all night walking with them outside.

Really, it isn't that hard to just buy your children some candy.

Response to Poison Halloween Candy 2017-10-18 01:04:04

I once got a chicken bouillon cube for candy

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Poison Halloween Candy 2017-10-18 12:13:36

At 10/18/17 02:37 AM, Sekhem wrote:
At 10/17/17 07:46 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: don't go round bother strangers for free food
At 10/17/17 09:28 PM, NuclearWorm wrote: Tip: stay home on halloween.
At 10/18/17 12:49 AM, Collio wrote: How about parents just buy their children candy they like on halloween?
newgrounds: the land of fun

trick or treating is a classic tradition and will never be ruined no matter how many loser killjoys exist

quit being paranoid about poison in candy and let children have fun

I'm just saying, If you're going to be paranoid then at least buy the kids the candy instead of making a ton of safety rules that kids probably won't follow.

Response to Poison Halloween Candy 2017-10-18 12:45:12

At 10/18/17 12:13 PM, Collio wrote:
At 10/17/17 07:46 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
I'm just saying, If-

I'm just saying fucking sales bro. Don't be salty cus i get dem dealz

Don't bother getting mad at me. Im not important enough

Response to Poison Halloween Candy 2017-10-18 12:59:09

At 10/18/17 12:45 PM, NuclearWorm wrote:
At 10/18/17 12:13 PM, Collio wrote:
At 10/17/17 07:46 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
I'm just saying, If-
I'm just saying fucking sales bro. Don't be salty cus i get dem dealz

I don't know why you think I'm salty abut anything, We literally have the same idea when it comes to this issue.

Response to Poison Halloween Candy 2017-10-18 13:35:40

Still waiting on some of that candy laced with hardcore street drugs.

Because you know, street drugs aren't expensive and people would just give them away to strangers for free.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Poison Halloween Candy 2017-10-18 18:55:35

At 10/18/17 01:35 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: Still waiting on some of that candy laced with hardcore street drugs.

Because you know, street drugs aren't expensive and people would just give them away to strangers for free.

pills are not candy,they are drugs,i entered a inktober 2017 contest is story tread

i am 1# newgrounds first celebrity,call me ninja kitty,i am a guardian christian of canada

BBS Signature

Response to Poison Halloween Candy 2017-10-19 01:07:38

Pretty sure the whole poisoned candy thing came from parents wanting some of their kids candy.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Poison Halloween Candy 2017-10-19 18:25:30

At 10/18/17 01:13 PM, RightTime wrote: Police have never documented actual cases of people randomly distributing poisoned goodies to children on Halloween.

However there is one case of a father giving his son (not random) poisoned Pixy Stix to collect the insurance money his death would bring. He's known as the man who killed Halloween.

Enough said.

Also that time a kid died from eating his uncle's heroin and they told the cops it was trick-or-treat candy to try to keep his ass out of jail.

BBS Signature