00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why cheat in games?

3,047 Views | 67 Replies

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-14 07:00:47

At 10/11/17 04:01 AM, NeonSpider wrote: What is even the point of cheating in games? Why do people do it?

Does it make you look cool? No. Is it a skill? No. Do you gain anything from it? I can't really see what, if anything, you gain. Is it very lame? Yes.

I can see why people cheat at some things -- generally because they gain something out of it. People cheat at school so they can pass some class. People cheat in relationships because they think they can juggle two, three, or more without any of them finding out. People cheat on their taxes because they want to keep money. I don't condone any of this, but just saying there's reasons people may do it.

So, games. What exactly does cheating at games get you? Money? No. Skill? No. Fame or recognition? No. Everyone's going to know you cheated it. And further no one's going to want to play with a cheater. How do you benefit, like at all?

Ppl cheat not because they want fame. Not because they want money. Because they want to complete the challenge. They don't want to use skill or thinking. They just want the easy way around.

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-14 14:06:49

At 10/13/17 05:42 AM, satanbrain wrote:
At 10/13/17 03:37 AM, LiquidFire wrote: Cheating isn't a skill. Using cheat engine isn't a skill. Most of it is just fumbling around in different addresses and trying them out.
You are welcome to do as I suggested OP, display your name on the frontpage games' leaderboards. Unless it is a skill.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at? Or did you confuse me for NeonSpider?

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-14 14:22:18

At 10/14/17 02:06 PM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 10/13/17 05:42 AM, satanbrain wrote:
At 10/13/17 03:37 AM, LiquidFire wrote: Cheating isn't a skill. Using cheat engine isn't a skill. Most of it is just fumbling around in different addresses and trying them out.
You are welcome to do as I suggested OP, display your name on the frontpage games' leaderboards. Unless it is a skill.
I'm not sure what you're trying to get at? Or did you confuse me for NeonSpider?

No I did not. I said you are welcome to do as I suggest NeonSpider (OP). You claim the same, do you not?

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-14 14:33:09 (edited 2017-10-14 14:35:11)

At 10/13/17 06:58 AM, satanbrain wrote:
At 10/13/17 05:41 AM, NeonSpider wrote: I cannot use cheat engine
I thought so.

Cheat engine is just a memory editor. Does using it require some basic knowledge of how the program and how addresses work? For sure. Does that mean using that knowledge to cheat in games is a skill? No it doesn't. Using your knowledge of how a program as a way of cheating in games does not mean cheating in games takes skill. It would be the same as saying that cheating takes skill because it takes a lot of skill to program your own cheats.
And even then, it is going to be way harder to master a game than cheating your way to the top with cheat engine.

Also, cheat engine is not the only way to cheat in games. 9/10 cheats just require you to download and run a program. So there's really no skill involved in cheating, especially not compared to actually mastering a game.

At 10/14/17 02:22 PM, satanbrain wrote: No I did not. I said you are welcome to do as I suggest NeonSpider (OP). You claim the same, do you not?

I don't condone cheating, so no I'm not going to do that. Cheating takes the fun out of games, and I'd honestly much rather grind my way to the top instead of using a cheat program and get there in 5 minutes with barely any effort.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-14 14:42:56 (edited 2017-10-14 14:47:22)

At 10/13/17 05:41 AM, NeonSpider wrote: I have all medals on that https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/616727 if that's good enough for you, and that game is harder than the NES version. If you don't accept that, well, I'm not gonna go out of my way to record gameplay just for you.

If they asked "Would you cheat at Adventure Island?" I would say no, even though I've never beaten that game and it is a legitimately extremely hard game.

By the way that also makes it an extremely good game because I've still never beat it after all these years.

I'm gonna concede a lot of this to you, because honestly, you do have better things to do than prove to some random stranger on the internet that you beat Battletoads. I disagree with you about saying that Adventure Island is really good because it's super hard, though. Now, I've never played Adventure Island, so for all I know, it's the best game in the world, but just because a game is really hard doesn't mean it's really good. I could make a game where the objective is to reach the other side of a room using a hundred pixel-perfect jumps with terrible graphics, laggy controls, confusing button-mapping, and "ice physics". If you fail, you lose the game and have to sit through the game's five-minute, unskippable title sequence and ten-minute loading screen to try again. If you succeed, you just get an MS Paint doodle saying "Kungrat" because I didn't care enough to make a win screen for a game that likely no one would win. That's an amazingly hard game, but it's also an amazingly terrible game.

You might disagree, though, and think that game is the next Dark Souls or Cuphead. If you do, then it's no skin off my nose. You do you, man. I guess I just wanted to chip in my two cents.

All that said, I also don't cheat at games. Takes the fun out of it for me, really. Would I even cheat at a game as notoriously hard as Battletoads? No, but then, I wouldn't play Battletoads, either, because I don't have that kind of patience.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-14 16:29:03

At 10/14/17 02:33 PM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 10/14/17 02:22 PM, satanbrain wrote: No I did not. I said you are welcome to do as I suggest NeonSpider (OP). You claim the same, do you not?
I don't condone cheating, so no I'm not going to do that. Cheating takes the fun out of games, and I'd honestly much rather grind my way to the top instead of using a cheat program and get there in 5 minutes with barely any effort.

Again, you failed to prove the easiness of using Cheat Engine. Your argument stands unproven.

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-14 16:38:48 (edited 2017-10-14 16:41:24)

At 10/14/17 04:29 PM, satanbrain wrote: Again, you failed to prove the easiness of using Cheat Engine. Your argument stands unproven.

And you completely missed my point. You also keep going in circles about cheat engine and keep ignoring other points in this discussion

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-14 16:44:27

At 10/14/17 04:38 PM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 10/14/17 04:29 PM, satanbrain wrote: Again, you failed to prove the easiness of using Cheat Engine. Your argument stands unproven.
And you completely missed my point. You also keep going in circles about cheat engine and keep ignoring other points in this discussion

Because you (and NeonSpider) keep making excuses. It is equivalent to claiming I can top all games but I prefer not to do it because I like cheating more.

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-14 17:06:11 (edited 2017-10-14 17:21:07)

At 10/14/17 04:44 PM, satanbrain wrote:
Because you (and NeonSpider) keep making excuses. It is equivalent to claiming I can top all games but I prefer not to do it because I like cheating more.

No it is not the equivalent to that. But claiming that cheating takes skill because it requires a bit of know how on how to use cheat engine, is the equivalent to saying cheating takes skill because it requires skill to program cheats in the first place.

Your post is a clear indication that you do not read what other people are writing. I stated that yes it takes some basic knowledge to use cheat engine. But just because it takes a bit of knowledge to use a certain program that is often used for cheating, does not mean that cheating in games takes skill. There are plenty of other cheat programs out there that require no skill at all, literally 99% of cheat programs require you to download a program, run it and then enable whatever cheat it provides, be it a map hack, aimbot, wallhack or whatever. Cheat engine is probably one of the least used ones, unless it comes to cheating in flash games.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-14 17:21:19

At 10/14/17 04:44 PM, satanbrain wrote: Because you (and NeonSpider) keep making excuses. It is equivalent to claiming I can top all games but I prefer not to do it because I like cheating more.

You can't "prove" that something is easy any more than you can "prove" God exists or doesn't exist or whatever. In fact there is very little that can be truly proven, outside of mathematical proofs. But what we can do is base things on evidence and extrapolate conclusions from that.

Actual "leet" crackers are not wasting their time using other people's programs to cheat at online games. That doesn't interest them. They're too busy actually cracking things and writing their own programs (not using someone else's). The only thing they may do in regards to games is cracking serials or removing DRM or something like that.

But the people who do use things like Cheat Engine, exclusively, are people who don't know much about computers (although they may like to think they do) and who, in addition, are not good at video games. I strongly suspect they want people to think they're good, but it's not fooling anybody.

And what me and @LiquidFire are claiming isn't at all like your analogy. Terrible analogy. Neither of us likes cheating. And I never said I could top all games, although there are a great many games I can top. Unfortunately online it's very hard to tell certain things which would be quite obvious had you watched someone playing in person and it would be a lot harder to hide cheating in person. But there are ways to figure out who cheated as, for example, high scores that are astronomically beyond anything reasonable (even for an extremely skilled player) and it's quite obvious they just did something like Cheat Engine the high score. Also if someone really sucks at games in general but then there's an anomaly of some game they beat everyone else at, while not proof of cheating it's at least extremely suspect.

Here is the equivalent analogy to your argument though. "Tying shoelaces is hard. Prove that it isn't." Even though the vast majority of people learned how to do that as small children, but it's actually not possible to "prove" things like that. Again, in science, we don't tend to "prove" things so much as base things on the evidence. And the evidence would be that most people learn how to tie their shoelaces as children, thus we can conclude it isn't difficult.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-14 18:01:18 (edited 2017-10-14 18:09:28)

At 10/14/17 05:06 PM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 10/14/17 04:44 PM, satanbrain wrote:
No it is not the equivalent to that. But claiming that cheating takes skill because it requires a bit of know how to use cheat engine, is the equivalent to saying cheating takes skill because it requires skill to program cheats in the first place.

How 'little' be that bit?

Your post is a clear indication that you do not read what other people are writing. I stated that yes it takes some basic knowledge to use cheat engine. But just because it takes a bit of knowledge to use a certain program that is often used for cheating, does not mean that cheating in games takes skill.

If it requires only a bit of knowledge why won't you do it? Or at least instruct that bit of knowledge to prove your point?

There are plenty of other cheat programs out there that require no skill at all, literally 99% of cheat programs require you to download a program, run it and then enable whatever cheat it provides, be it a map hack, aimbot, wallhack or whatever. Cheat engine is probably one of the least used ones, unless it comes to cheating in flash games.

I have made it clear I'm not talking about those. Perhaps it is you who misread.

At 10/14/17 05:21 PM, NeonSpider wrote: You can't "prove" that something is easy

You can. Use Cheat Engine at least to show me you are able to cheat with it.

Again, in science, we don't tend to "prove" things so much as base things on the evidence. And the evidence would be that most people learn how to tie their shoelaces as children, thus we can conclude it isn't difficult.

Who is "we"? A group of scientists unfamiliar with statistical proofs?

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-14 18:38:42 (edited 2017-10-14 18:41:06)

At 10/14/17 06:01 PM, satanbrain wrote:
At 10/14/17 05:06 PM, LiquidFire wrote: No it is not the equivalent to that. But claiming that cheating takes skill because it requires a bit of know how to use cheat engine, is the equivalent to saying cheating takes skill because it requires skill to program cheats in the first place.
How 'little' be that bit?

What

Your post is a clear indication that you do not read what other people are writing. I stated that yes it takes some basic knowledge to use cheat engine. But just because it takes a bit of knowledge to use a certain program that is often used for cheating, does not mean that cheating in games takes skill.
If it requires only a bit of knowledge why won't you do it? Or at least instruct that bit of knowledge to prove your point?

Ah yes, the good old, don't criticize things unless you can do better.
We have explained how to use cheat engine. Both me and NeonSpider have said that it basically just boils down to changing addresses until you find the one you're looking for. NeonSpider even went into further detail about it. Did you even read the thread? Like answer honestly please. Because you're acting as if you didn't.
And if you already know how to use cheat engine then you should know that it's pretty simple to get the basics down. There's even a tutorial in the program that explains the basics, those basics will let you cheat in a big percentage of games.

There are plenty of other cheat programs out there that require no skill at all, literally 99% of cheat programs require you to download a program, run it and then enable whatever cheat it provides, be it a map hack, aimbot, wallhack or whatever. Cheat engine is probably one of the least used ones, unless it comes to cheating in flash games.
I have made it clear I'm not talking about those. Perhaps it is you who misread.

This thread is about cheats in general and why people use them. Not just cheat engine. When you're clearly only focusing on cheat engine and whether or not it's easy to use, you're effectively derailing the thread, which is not only against the rules, it's also idiotic.

At 10/14/17 05:21 PM, NeonSpider wrote: You can't "prove" that something is easy

That does not in any way prove something is easy. Following that logic, the hardest equations would be considered easy just because the best mathematicians out there would be able to solve them.

I think it's pretty clear from all your posts that this just boils down to you getting angry because we called the only sort of "skill" you're good at, for easy. Also the fact that you admit to being a cheater without a second thought and take pride in it, is ridiculous and honestly just shows that you're an asshole who takes joy in ruining other peoples games.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-14 19:02:15

At 10/14/17 06:01 PM, satanbrain wrote:

A) that wouldn't prove it is easy because I am not a typical computer user and can do things above and beyond what most can. Of course I could use it but I claim it doesn't take any great skill or talent to use it and I have no reason to use it. B) how exactly would I "show you"? You expect me to record video of myself using something like that and upload somewhere? Not gonna happen. C) I don't want to cheat scores (or anything else for that matter) because I'm a skilled individual, not a cheater, and that would prove what, exactly? Me and @LiquidFire have made it clear exactly why we don't use programs like that -- because it would be lame and also unfair to others in addition to there's no reason to do it. No benefit. So why in the world would one of us cheat to "prove" something that wouldn't even prove anyway?

Again, in science, we don't tend to "prove" things so much as base things on the evidence. And the evidence would be that most people learn how to tie their shoelaces as children, thus we can conclude it isn't difficult.
Who is "we"? A group of scientists unfamiliar with statistical proofs?

We, the educated. No scientist is going to speak in terms of "proving" things beyond mathematical proofs. Scientists are going to speak in terms of evidence. This is why we have many scientific theories and not proofs. Theory of gravity and not proof of gravity, or do you not believe in gravity?

The people who speak in terms of proofs (other than mathematical proofs) are not scientists and tend to be uneducated and more often than not, although not always, highly religious. This is why their favorite thing to do is ask scientists for proof of evolution or proof of global warming or proof of any number of other things, to which scientists never claimed proof anyway. We only claim evidence and draw conclusions from that.

You cannot prove things with statistics. You can only show probabilities. If something has a 90% chance of being true, you still have not "proved" it to be true.

Also you make an extraordinary claim then fail to back it up with evidence and instead shift the burden of proof onto the other group. That's not how science works. You don't get to claim Cheat Engine is "hard" and then demand your opposition prove the opposite. Burden of proof is on you. I have presented evidence Cheat Engine does not require any great skill, as those with great skills consider it a joke and would not bother with it. You have presented no evidence it requires any special skill at all.

Again, tying shoelaces is something which must be learned and is arguably a skill, but it's not a great skill and is common enough nearly anyone could learn to do it. Same with Cheat Engine or similar. If you have the skills you're not going to be using other people's programs to do things like that, whether your skills are in gaming or whether they are in programming/hacking/cracking. No seriously skilled hacker/cracker is going to be using Cheat Engine because what does that even accomplish? And no seriously skilled gamer will use it either. Your move.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-15 01:48:07 (edited 2017-10-15 02:01:13)

At 10/14/17 06:38 PM, LiquidFire wrote:
We have explained how to use cheat engine.

Actually you did not. You kept saying how easy it is and how it only searches for addresses but have given no concrete tutorial to cheating in games. Since, you both have no idea how to use it.

Did you even read the thread?

I did. I choose to reply to the relevant arguments.

That does not in any way prove something is easy. Following that logic, the hardest equations would be considered easy just because the best mathematicians out there would be able to solve them.

Are you the best though? So far you've proved to dread even opening the program.

Also the fact that you admit to being a cheater without a second thought and take pride in it, is ridiculous and honestly just shows that you're an asshole who takes joy in ruining other peoples games.

It is shows I am being honest with you and that I enjoy cheating. I would admit to more but the rules forbid it.

At 10/14/17 07:02 PM, NeonSpider wrote: A) that wouldn't prove it is easy because I am not a typical computer user and can do things above and beyond what most can.
So why in the world would one of us cheat to "prove" something that wouldn't even prove anyway?

I honestly doubt you can. You do not know where to begin with and fears to show your incompetence.

We, the educated. No scientist is going to speak in terms of "proving" things beyond mathematical proofs. Scientists are going to speak in terms of evidence.

My evidence is that people find it difficult to use Cheat Engine and ask for help. I ask that you exemplify how east it is to use. You refuse.

You cannot prove things with statistics. You can only show probabilities. If something has a 90% chance of being true, you still have not "proved" it to be true.

I tend to accept proof above a certain probability. Gravity, for example, or do you not believe in gravity?

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-15 02:50:11

At 10/15/17 01:48 AM, satanbrain wrote:
Actually you did not. You kept saying how easy it is and how it only searches for addresses but have given no concrete tutorial to cheating in games. Since, you both have no idea how to use it.

That's what it is though. You search for addresses in whatever program you choose and then edit the value. That's literally what cheat engine does. Also why would I need to give a tutorial when cheat engine itself provides it?

Did you even read the thread?
I did. I choose to reply to the relevant arguments.

Not really.

Are you the best though? So far you've proved to dread even opening the program.

Pulling things out of your ass I see. I've never dreaded or hinted at it. Whether or not I'm the best doesn't matter as my point still stands.

Also the fact that you admit to being a cheater without a second thought and take pride in it, is ridiculous and honestly just shows that you're an asshole who takes joy in ruining other peoples games.
It is shows I am being honest with you and that I enjoy cheating. I would admit to more but the rules forbid it.

And it shows you're an asshole who takes joy in ruining other peoples games.

Considering the fact that you've, yet again, only responded to around 50% of my post, then I think my point is pretty clear and that you're unable to address everything and has to nitpick to keep up a discussion.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-15 02:57:35

At 10/15/17 02:50 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 10/15/17 01:48 AM, satanbrain wrote:
That's what it is though. You search for addresses in whatever program you choose and then edit the value. That's literally what cheat engine does. Also why would I need to give a tutorial when cheat engine itself provides it?

Because it is harder than that. You would've known if you've ever tried to use it.

I take joy in being able to manipulate a game in more way than one.

Considering the fact that you've, yet again, only responded to around 50% of my post, then I think my point is pretty clear and that you're unable to address everything and has to nitpick to keep up a discussion.

Your point is not knowing a thing about Cheat Engine while arguing about it?

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-15 03:52:00

At 10/15/17 02:57 AM, satanbrain wrote:
At 10/15/17 02:50 AM, LiquidFire wrote: That's what it is though. You search for addresses in whatever program you choose and then edit the value. That's literally what cheat engine does. Also why would I need to give a tutorial when cheat engine itself provides it?
Because it is harder than that. You would've known if you've ever tried to use it.

I have used it. The basics of the program are incredibly easy to nail down.

That's just sugar coating it.

Your point is nitpicking and derailing a thread?

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-15 03:58:20

At 10/15/17 03:52 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 10/15/17 02:57 AM, satanbrain wrote:
At 10/15/17 02:50 AM, LiquidFire wrote: That's what it is though. You search for addresses in whatever program you choose and then edit the value. That's literally what cheat engine does. Also why would I need to give a tutorial when cheat engine itself provides it?
I have used it. The basics of the program are incredibly easy to nail down.

It is the same as saying the basics of writing are incredibly easy to nail down. Does that mean it is not a skill? Show me how you use Cheat Engine on the frontpage games and your claim shall be more solid.

That's just sugar coating it.

It's the truth.

Your point is nitpicking and derailing a thread?

You repeat how easy using Cheat Engine, how it requires no skill while only showing your ignorance of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-15 04:57:48

At 10/15/17 03:58 AM, satanbrain wrote: shit

Clear indicator that you do not read what other people write. I've said multiple times that using cheat engine requires some know how.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-15 05:08:00

At 10/15/17 04:57 AM, LiquidFire wrote: I've said multiple times that using cheat engine requires some know how.

It requires trial and error. It is not the same cheat for every game and there are games with many different cheats. Do you admit being wrong and lacking the skill to use Cheat Engine?

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-15 06:21:13

At 10/15/17 05:08 AM, satanbrain wrote:
At 10/15/17 04:57 AM, LiquidFire wrote: I've said multiple times that using cheat engine requires some know how.
It requires trial and error. It is not the same cheat for every game and there are games with many different cheats. Do you admit being wrong and lacking the skill to use Cheat Engine?

Oh wow now you're repeating what I said earlier

At 10/13/17 03:37 AM, LiquidFire wrote: Most of it is just fumbling around in different addresses and trying them out.

You see that? I said it requires trial and error, just worded differently. Jesus christ dude. Please only respond once you've learned how to read things before responding.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-15 06:45:38

At 10/15/17 06:21 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 10/15/17 05:08 AM, satanbrain wrote: At 10/13/17 03:37 AM, LiquidFire wrote: Most of it is just fumbling around in different addresses and trying them out.
You see that? I said it requires trial and error, just worded differently.

"fumbling around"
Okay, let me make an absurd claim of my own: programming requires fumbling around in different scripts, combining and trying them out. I am morally against programming so I will never do it but it's so easy and requires no skill literally anyone with a shred of literacy can do it.

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-15 09:34:51

At 10/15/17 06:45 AM, satanbrain wrote: Okay, let me make an absurd claim of my own: programming requires fumbling around in different scripts, combining and trying them out. I am morally against programming so I will never do it but it's so easy and requires no skill literally anyone with a shred of literacy can do it.

You are welcome to start the discussion again once you've read my posts.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-15 20:14:05

At 10/15/17 09:34 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 10/15/17 06:45 AM, satanbrain wrote: Okay, let me make an absurd claim of my own: programming requires fumbling around in different scripts, combining and trying them out. I am morally against programming so I will never do it but it's so easy and requires no skill literally anyone with a shred of literacy can do it.
You are welcome to start the discussion again once you've read my posts.

You must see how I can use every argument for that exact same cause: "Yes it's fumbling scripts" "It takes no skill" "I'm not going to do it" "You are an evil person for practicing it" etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-15 21:05:15

At 10/15/17 08:14 PM, satanbrain wrote: You must see how I can use every argument for that exact same cause: "Yes it's fumbling scripts" "It takes no skill" "I'm not going to do it" "You are an evil person for practicing it" etc.

Fumbling around until you find the right address is the same as saying it requires trial and error until you find what you need. You're literally just arguing for the sake of arguing, so much that you've now started arguing against your own things. Good on you. Keep it up.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-16 03:51:31

At 10/15/17 09:05 PM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 10/15/17 08:14 PM, satanbrain wrote: You must see how I can use every argument for that exact same cause: "Yes it's fumbling scripts" "It takes no skill" "I'm not going to do it" "You are an evil person for practicing it" etc.
Fumbling around until you find the right address is the same as saying it requires trial and error until you find what you need.

As much as writing a script is "fumbling around until you find the right order you need", sure.

You're literally just arguing for the sake of arguing, so much that you've now started arguing against your own things.

So I see you are agreeing that Programming is not a skill?

Good on you. Keep it up.

You missed the irony.

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-16 11:46:09

At 10/16/17 03:51 AM, satanbrain wrote:
Fumbling around until you find the right address is the same as saying it requires trial and error until you find what you need.
As much as writing a script is "fumbling around until you find the right order you need", sure.

No. Programming something requires months if not years of knowledge of what every line of code does in. You can't program something by having a very basic knowledge and then just trying out different codes until you make it work like you want to.
Cheat engine requires some basic knowledge of the program and then you just try out addresses and search for known values until you find the one you need. If you use cheat engine on a program you don't know what 90% of the addresses are for, but if a programmer were to write a script, he'd know what 90% of the codes does.

You're literally just arguing for the sake of arguing, so much that you've now started arguing against your own things.

Again pulling things out of your ass. That's literally not what I said. Come back when you can read.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-16 12:12:09

At 10/16/17 11:46 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 10/16/17 03:51 AM, satanbrain wrote:
No. Programming something requires months if not years of knowledge of what every line of code does in. You can't program something by having a very basic knowledge and then just trying out different codes until you make it work like you want to.

"You can't use cheat engine by having a very basic knowledge and then just trying out different addresses until you make it work like you want to"

Cheat engine requires some basic knowledge of the program and then you just try out addresses and search for known values until you find the one you need. If you use cheat engine on a program you don't know what 90% of the addresses are for, but if a programmer were to write a script, he'd know what 90% of the codes does.

"Programming requires some basic knowledge and then you try out scripts and try for known patterns until you find the code you need"
See how easy it is to write ignorantly like you do?

Again pulling things out of your ass. That's literally not what I said. Come back when you can read.

"Come back when you can read"
Your arguments are used against you now, so you should reconsider what you say.

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-16 13:35:46

At 10/16/17 12:12 PM, satanbrain wrote: "You can't use cheat engine by having a very basic knowledge and then just trying out different addresses until you make it work like you want to"

Okay my boy.

"Programming requires some basic knowledge and then you try out scripts and try for known patterns until you find the code you need"
See how easy it is to write ignorantly like you do?

Okay my boy.

Your arguments are used against you now, so you should reconsider what you say.

Parroting what I say isn't the same as using my arguments against myself.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Why cheat in games? 2017-10-16 13:44:34

At 10/16/17 01:35 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Parroting what I say isn't the same as using my arguments against myself.

What you say applies to what I "claimed" about programming.

BBS Signature