00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JustSomeInternetdude just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Animation software?

623 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Animation software? 2017-09-09 18:54:41

Hey guys, I have a question.
So, I really wanna animate but I'm using FireAlpaca, which can't do that... :(
I'm looking for an animation software that's easy to use, like FireAlpaca, but better.
I'd use Krita but you need to set the framerate low for audio and I want a high framerate.
So answer me this... what software should I use?
I'm looking for a software that the canvas is really big and in the middle and it supports audio without lagging.
Also, preferably I want a free animation software, but if I have to pay for it then I might make an exception.
Thanks! :3

Response to Animation software? 2017-09-09 19:00:40

Honestly, instead of making separate images in an art program you should really invest in flash or Toomboom. I used to do the same thing, and it really limited me and made my animations choppy.
If you really want to use art programs though, I'd say anything is suitable for it. It just depends on how you want the art to feel. If you want a loose anime vibe going on, use Painttool SAI. If you want nice clean lines, go for Fire Alpaca.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Animation software? 2017-09-09 19:11:54

I'll try toonbooom first :D

Response to Animation software? 2017-09-12 15:46:54

At 9/9/17 06:54 PM, FoolFuel wrote: Hey guys, I have a question.
So, I really wanna animate but I'm using FireAlpaca, which can't do that... :(
I'm looking for an animation software that's easy to use, like FireAlpaca, but better.
I'd use Krita but you need to set the framerate low for audio and I want a high framerate.
So answer me this... what software should I use?
I'm looking for a software that the canvas is really big and in the middle and it supports audio without lagging.
Also, preferably I want a free animation software, but if I have to pay for it then I might make an exception.

I suggest clip studio paint, i recently purchased it and its proving worthy time and again, and the animation setup is very convenient and comfortable. Im sorry i haven't seen you're post earlier cuz thy were on sale... But it doesn't cost that much

Response to Animation software? 2017-09-12 16:08:13

I suggest clip studio paint, i recently purchased it and its proving worthy time and again, and the animation setup is very convenient and comfortable. Im sorry i haven't seen you're post earlier cuz thy were on sale... But it doesn't cost that much

I might check that out then :D Thanks :3

Response to Animation software? 2017-09-13 00:53:48

I'd recommend Flash CS3 to CS6. I hear Clip Studio Paint is great as well. I've never used Toon Boom, but I hear it's kinda hard to learn. People make great stuff with it though. A lot of people have been using Adobe Animate as well. I'd say torrent Flash and you'll be set, or purchase Adobe Animate. The thing about Flash is that the tools are super easy to use and learn, but there's a bit of a learning curve when learning how to draw with the brush tool.

Response to Animation software? 2017-09-13 09:23:04

I prefer I'd recommend Flash CS3 to CS6 this software is really to good, or you can search on google.com for better result.

Response to Animation software? 2017-09-13 11:41:53

If you can't find Flash use Pencil it's the generic form of Flash.

Response to Animation software? 2017-09-13 11:55:12

So just for clarification, this is art animation and not 3D right?

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.

Cheap Voice acting/Narrator voiceovers!

Response to Animation software? 2017-09-13 13:55:26 (edited 2017-09-13 13:55:56)

One more alternative: OpenToonz. Similarly powerful to ToonBoom Harmony Advanced/Premium, minus the cut-out character tools (OpenToonz has cut-out rigging tools, but not on the same level at all).

Free, and great vector and bitmap painting tools (latest portable and beta versions have MyPaint built-in!).

Portable version (unzip and start the exe): http://turtletooth.com/OpenToonzPortable/
Latest official builds: https://github.com/opentoonz/opentoonz_nightlies/releases

Combine with Storyboarder for boarding, and you are good to go.

Only drawback might be the learning curve - similar to Toonboom Harmony too. Lots of Youtube tutorials, though.

Response to Animation software? 2017-09-17 12:29:56

At 9/13/17 11:55 AM, Nithael wrote: So just for clarification, this is art animation and not 3D right?

nope. 2d :3

Response to Animation software? 2017-09-24 04:57:42

If you're on a budget, Storyboarder is free and not bad! ;)