00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PetrifiedPancake just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Halloween Collab 2017

3,466 Views | 69 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-09-02 15:46:44

I miss Halloween Collab 2013 it was a fun experience when so many artist collaborate to do something together and have fun showing off our cool skills!

The deadline for this project shall be the 28th of October and the final product shall be released on the 31st of October.

Deadline: October 28th
Theme: Halloween
Anybody can join
Spaces available: Unlimited

Specs:
Format: mp4
Stage Size: 1280x720
FPS: 24
Background Colour: Default
Time: Unlimited

Extra:
- No Sprite animation allowed.
- Violence and nudity allowed.
- No 3d animation allowed.
- No GoAnimate or other similare software to does the hardwork.
- No exceptionally poor animations (Example: Link)

if anyone know other rules please tell me and I will see if I can add it!

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-09-09 17:22:29

@gabbyxd-animations how is your part doing?! are you having a problem with your part?

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-09-09 20:25:05

I guess no sprites animation means no sprites from video games?

@Abracadabra123
sorry no sprites mean no sprites!

@HideoutGamer
it's pretty much simple, you try and do some animation that comes into your mind, you get ideas you share your progress and get feedback from the contributors or help on how to finish your animation if your running short on time! it's called collaboration because it's everyone participate in building up the animation not just a one person's work and remember to have fun while doing the animation. if your not having fun while doing these ideas then what's the point?!

I said no violence but I didn't say anything about blood! I guess blood is allowed?! :P

I thought it would be easier if made a theme more specific for the entries because currently it's seems like the theme is too wide and it can really be a big problem get some ideas so I decided to narrow it to any type of person just wake up from the grave, it could be a male, female, vampire, werewolf, ponies, human, zombie. you get the drill... I was about to work on another dan vs fan animation but I changed mind and decided to go for something new I haven't done before which is a person rising from the dead as a werewolf I am still brainstorming ideas because I haven't done furry art before! :P

if you don't want to read all that garbage above here is what I mean in short below!
Halloween Theme:Any type of person just wake up from the grave!
A bit of gore is allowed!

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-09-11 09:02:19

The halloween theme is best if you add violence.

You will get have more chance someone will join your collab.

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-09-11 09:12:14

At 9/11/17 09:02 AM, Abracadabra123 wrote: The halloween theme is best if you add violence.

You will get have more chance someone will join your collab.

I guess will have to accept violence but not too much I don't want this to go to mature rating!

At 9/9/17 05:22 PM, cuteboy99 wrote: @gabbyxd-animations how is your part doing?! are you having a problem with your part?

Nope, I'm doing fine. Also I forgot to ask. Would you mind if I didn't do my part in flash? I don't necessarily have an animation program to work on and I can only make one picture frame at a time. This is just one of them.

At 9/11/17 11:32 PM, GabbyXD-Animations wrote:
At 9/9/17 05:22 PM, cuteboy99 wrote: @gabbyxd-animations how is your part doing?! are you having a problem with your part?
Nope, I'm doing fine. Also I forgot to ask. Would you mind if I didn't do my part in flash? I don't necessarily have an animation program to work on and I can only make one picture frame at a time. This is just one of them.

@GabbyXD-Animations
you don't really need to use flash as long as you export to mp4! I think people assume it's a flash users only because back then people use to do flash back then!

@IvoAluminum cool!I looking forward to see what you have stored for us!

@Abracadabra123, @HideoutGamer, @IvoAluminum, @GabbyXD-Animations, anyone know which one should I use for a creepy looking cloud?!

I know it's not really a good idea to pay too much attention to details because will backfire at you at the end but it's always to help leverage everyone's quality with simply help in anyway so if anyone want to share something that could help make our animation better please do and again which one look creepy and good for my part!

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-09-13 18:04:34

@SnackerBoy
I think so but when you finish your short please tell us here at form that you completed your part so I will be add you to the project where you can share your .mp4 video so I can add it to the final version of the video! you can add your own signature into the video if you want but if you left it empty I will add one for you myself, try to help others here at the collab if you feel like it so we can all finish our shorts if you can and remember to have fun!

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-09-14 03:35:42

starting a rough sketch what I want my short! let's hope I didn't do something I will regret!

@Abracadabra123 ,@HideoutGamer , @IvoAluminum , @GabbyXD-Animations , @SnackerBoy

has everyone has a rough idea of what they are going to animate?! because assuming that everyone has only one day of the week to work on the animation because of having to deal with homework and other stuff if you don't have a rough idea of what your doing then allow me to assist you getting some idea by replying. I mean you have to pay attention of emergency situation that take down some of your days that you will be working on your animation. so having a rough idea right now is really important.

if you already passed this rough idea's stage then your good to go!

I have just completed a rough sketch of how I want the animation to be and I will be working on the refining the look of it to look exactly as what I had in mind! I will leave the background to last so I don't focus too much on the background and have a weak animation.

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-09-16 14:00:15

just decided to share my progress with the animation so far! i will start adding details to the sketch

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-09-17 10:12:32

If anyone needs a voice actress I'm happy to help

At 9/17/17 10:12 AM, SailorSilverStar wrote: If anyone needs a voice actress I'm happy to help

@SailorSliverStar
Thanks for the help! I was thinking of having my male character being voiced by a female voice actress but I am not really sure if your voice good enough, pm me with random male voice lines I may consider adding you to my part ones I am finished!

@Abracadabra123 ,@HideoutGamer , @IvoAluminum , @GabbyXD-Animations , @SnackerBoy
if anyone want a voice actress @SailorSilverStar decided to volunteer her voice acting skills for your part of the collaboration.

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-09-19 07:50:10

finished part 1 of the hand animation of the full animation but had to do the hand animation twice because of animate decided to troll me with a crash for pressing the f6 before it tries to autosave! I hate working with hand animation and the irony is the first part of the animation is all about hand animation!

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-09-21 05:54:31

I decided to make first draft instead of cleaning everything up! still have no idea need more better sketch to figure out how I want the final animation to look the hands where crappy right now but I will try to clean them up in the next draft if not then I will keep working on them! I may start dividing the animation into parts to avoid animate cc from crashing but those crashes will not kill me!!!

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-09-23 04:31:25

how's everyone's animation going?!
I hope everyone isn't still struggling with something! :/

I am working on Improving the animation with a better sketch hoping to improve the previous weak animation! I know that I shouldn't really keep improving the parts and focus on finishing the first draft so I can work finalizing the animation but I just can't work with a weak animation.

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-09-23 12:02:27

At 9/23/17 04:31 AM, cuteboy99 wrote: @Abracadabra123 ,@HideoutGamer , @IvoAluminum , @GabbyXD-Animations , @SnackerBoy

I am working on Improving the animation with a better sketch hoping to improve the previous weak animation! I know that I shouldn't really keep improving the parts and focus on finishing the first draft so I can work finalizing the animation but I just can't work with a weak animation.

It might be an issue for me.

I'm working on Friday 13th movie since the next Friday 13th is October, the next month.

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-09-23 12:46:23

At 9/23/17 12:02 PM, Abracadabra123 wrote:
At 9/23/17 04:31 AM, cuteboy99 wrote: @Abracadabra123 ,@HideoutGamer , @IvoAluminum , @GabbyXD-Animations , @SnackerBoy

It might be an issue for me.

I'm working on Friday 13th movie since the next Friday 13th is October, the next month.

I don't understand ?! What is your animation's problem ?! Is it time problem ?! Or is it because your animation has violence?! If It is about the violence then I said it is ok to add violence! If it is because the theme is about a character rising, there is nothing wrong with having Jason rising from the dead to take revange ?! :P

Yes. I have time problem.

Once I finished my movie, i might not have the time for the halloween movie for the collab.

By the way, My Friday 13th movie is not a horror and Jason will not appear either.

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-09-23 22:39:09

At 9/23/17 04:31 PM, Abracadabra123 wrote: Yes. I have time problem.

Once I finished my movie, i might not have the time for the halloween movie for the collab.

By the way, My Friday 13th movie is not a horror and Jason will not appear either.

Ok good luck with your project!

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-10-01 16:13:21

how's everyone animation doing? I haven't really been able to do any progress lately some really awful have been happening to me lately! how about you have you done better progress in your work?!
@HideoutGamer , @IvoAluminum , @GabbyXD-Animations , @SnackerBoy

@SailorSilverStar
don't worry I will try to work on lip syncing your part audio by today or tomorrow because I haven't been feeling well lately!

the audio wasn't really great and my sketch that wasn't better either but I hope I will be able to get things done!

I'm probably not gonna make an entry for this collab, but I can provide voice-overs for any of your entries if anyone's interested.

Just another Aussie animator/artist/editor/voice actor. G'DAY, MATES.

YouTube

Twitter

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-10-02 00:38:17

At 10/1/17 10:10 PM, RGPAnims wrote: I'm probably not gonna make an entry for this collab, but I can provide voice-overs for any of your entries if anyone's interested.

I am really sorry for the late reply but I already have got a voice actress to do my part pm the other and see if anyone interested.

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-10-02 00:40:35

@HideoutGamer @IvoAluminum @GabbyXD-Animations @SnackerBoy
Do any of you need voice-overs for your entries?

Just another Aussie animator/artist/editor/voice actor. G'DAY, MATES.

YouTube

Twitter

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-10-05 08:35:24

At 10/2/17 12:40 AM, RGPAnims wrote: @HideoutGamer @IvoAluminum @GabbyXD-Animations @SnackerBoy
Do any of you need voice-overs for your entries?

No thanks, I'm good.

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-10-06 02:20:37

Uh so how many people are in this project? I'd be willing to join i could make one animation at least, maybe two if i have more time.

O.o?

Response to The Halloween Collab 2017 2017-10-06 05:24:24

At 10/6/17 02:20 AM, Sandling wrote: Uh so how many people are in this project? I'd be willing to join i could make one animation at least, maybe two if i have more time.

Currently we are five including me, if your interested go right a head and make your first animation, just focus on one because it seems that time is start counting down and I don't think you can make more than one animation in this small amount of time and I can't really extend the deadline because It will add more stress for me and @IvoAluminum.

because I need to combine everyone's work, figure out a way to introduce each and every animator's animation and I need to give @IvoAluminum sometime to work on the thumbnail and logos too.

and I don't want things to go chaotic at the very end.