00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Where am I suppose to put my review

335 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

On the forums or on my profile news? Do I receive notifications from the forums?

A

Response to Where am I suppose to put my review 2017-08-21 10:13:23

At 8/21/17 09:40 AM, NekoMika wrote: Do you mean reviews for stuff on the site? Every game / movie / audio / art should have an area where you can choose a star rating and leave your review.

But I wanna do it in kind of a way I can share it, so more people see it

A

Response to Where am I suppose to put my review 2017-08-21 12:28:14

At 8/21/17 09:40 AM, NekoMika wrote:
News post then, there is also Youtube reviews if it is for games but linking just to those in reviews without trying to review the piece at all tends to be frowned up on by me and other review mods.

I guess I got you, thanks!

A

As NekoMika mentioned, the best way to go about this would be to leave a reasonably detailed review on Newgrounds. If you do a video review on YT, I would only link it in the review if you're showing a specific problem with the work and going very in depth. If you want to share your review on NG, the newspost system has very nice embeds. You can even embed playlists or set up masterposts if you're so inclined, and once every 2 weeks, you can frontpage your reviews to get a little buzz.

Also if you want to make money off of your reviews, interrupt ads are highly discouraged, and if you don't spend a lot of time on your reviews to make a good presentation of the game/movie itself, so that the presentation is essentially a lets play with your narration, monetizing your videos might make you come off as disingenuous to anyone who would ask you for reviews. I would recommend asking the creators permission to do so, even, up to sharing proceeds. Don't be discouraged, though. Reviewing content is a good way to get your brand out there. Not only can you eventually get paid to review content directly, but you could branch out into other related careers.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature