00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ShadowTheHaxGod just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Introducing myself

470 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Introducing myself 2017-08-12 04:55:06

Hello everyone just wanted to drop by the community section for the first time and say a bit about myself. If you want a quick summary about me just check out my profile and read away but anyways... I stayed away from showing anyone my art for around a year now just because I thought I was not good enough, ya know that cliche jazz. I tried coming out of the dark last year but I failed as I didn't have enough courage to do so but now realizing that I am in a situation where I either sink or swim, I have no choice but to suck it up and get out there. Newgrounds was the first place I thought to post my things first since i'm familiar with this site been here playing flash games since Windows XP days. I mostly create illustrations but if I'm in the mood to just doodle I quickly whip up thingies like this Fio (Color alternative in my gallery.) I also create pixel art, don't have much to show except the background art in this video I helped make : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGCCWISr2vE

Don't know what else to say other then I'll post some new artwork here and there quite frequently as being hidden for a year, i've created a lot of stuff. Thanks for taking the time to read and I hope you'll enjoy my work.

Introducing myself

Response to Introducing myself 2017-08-12 10:31:18

Welcome to the art forum. It can be a pretty desolate place at times for useful feedback and critique, but if you stick around and post an art thread, you can make friends in no time if thats your thing.

As far as your attitude is concerned, its good that you take art improvement seriously but too much self deprecation can be stifling to your growth instead of actually helping you get better. Its important sometimes to reflect on the accomplishments you have made instead of always casting yourself against the best artists in your particular interest group.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Introducing myself 2017-08-12 10:46:16

Well, I love your Fio! You have talent! I hope you keep up the good work. Welcome to NG.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to Introducing myself 2017-08-12 17:18:31

you've got some pretty good stuff so far with a style i'm a bit jealous of

welcome to the community, its always a good idea to take part in forums and art sites in order to get feedback from other artists as well as making friends. You'd be surprised how much it can build up your confidence and passion for your own work.

Response to Introducing myself 2017-08-12 19:28:15

WOw, this work is really nice and welcome to NG. I like the color palette and style, keep up the great work ! Also I think there is no reason you should feel bad or down about your artworkwork, it's good stuff.

Newgrounds Gallery: click image.

BBS Signature

Response to Introducing myself 2017-08-13 16:52:35

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, i'm posting things daily so hope ya drop by here n there

Response to Introducing myself 2017-08-14 21:22:56

Welcome, welcome!
Props for wanting to get yourself out there, sink or swim's a powerful motivator, in a similar situation myself
You have some really appealing work though, looking forward to seeing what else you do!