00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Honey1200 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Short Animated Series Collaboration

441 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi guys,

I'm new here, so if this isn't the kind of topic that's suited for this forum feel free to redirect me.

I'm a film graduate with a passion for writing and recently started a series of shorts. These are comedic shorts are similar to the structure of 'Deep Space 69', only rather than sex jokes, there's a stoner-comedy focus (with lots of references to Asian cinema). If this seems like something you would like to animate or collaborate with me on, please feel free to drop me a message. I'm more than happy to send the shorts over and discuss them.

Unfortunately, as a writer, I don't get paid. Therefore, it would be a collaborative project with the end goal of making some great entertainment. Obviously, if the videos became financially successful there would be an even distribution of profit.

Thanks for taking the time to read! I hope to hear from some of you soon,

Dan Richardson

Response to Short Animated Series Collaboration 2017-08-02 16:37:00

I do voices, if you think you might need any.

Response to Short Animated Series Collaboration 2017-08-03 05:38:18

That's awesome, I'll message you if the collaboration gets under way!

Response to Short Animated Series Collaboration 2017-08-03 13:49:24

Response to Short Animated Series Collaboration 2017-08-04 02:30:59

Because this is mainly a free work, you need to have at least the script of the first episode, otherwise most of the animators won't be interested to join you. You wrote a nice summary here and that's a good point compared to the lot of "I need an animator NOW but don't know what kind of animation I want to do" posts but you NEED to catch the animators attention. There're a lot of people who're looking for animators and some of them can pay for that. Why should people choose you instead of the paid jobs? The answer: you need to have something amazing. The best thing you can have is a script and the recorded voices. After the story, voice acting is one of the first steps in the animation making process, so you can do that first and then looking for an animator.

Good luck to find someone! If you can't find the animator you want, think about what I said above. You can do lot before actually looking for help.

Response to Short Animated Series Collaboration 2017-08-05 05:57:25

At 8/4/17 02:30 AM, Jevlin wrote: Because this is mainly a free work, you need to have at least the script of the first episode

Ah thank you,

I have two episodes written, I just wasn't sure if it was the norm to share them on this forum.

Thanks for your help!

Response to Short Animated Series Collaboration 2017-08-05 14:44:39

That's OK. Well, maybe you don't have to share the whole script especially if you're afraid of being your story stolen but maybe a small part of it so people can see your style.