00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lets talk about Scary Monsters!

512 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey dudes and dudettes!
Could you guys lend me a hand?
Im working on a monster: the idea is a shape shipfting monster ...like a werewolf (not so sure how will be the monster form by now) so here are some options.
Wich one do you think its better and why?

Thanks! :3

Response to Lets talk about Scary Monsters! 2017-04-04 16:47:06

Noted and thanks!
Im still working in some more versions! :)

At 4/4/17 11:38 AM, dilandoubishop wrote: I say B. The reason for me is the somewhat familiar look of bear/gorilla...and my human survival instincts tell me...Danger right away. The silhouette for it probably told my brain that.

Response to Lets talk about Scary Monsters! 2017-04-04 18:01:48

I like A because it looks like Chupacabra

Response to Lets talk about Scary Monsters! 2017-04-04 20:38:04

At 4/4/17 06:01 PM, StaticSkull wrote: I like A because it looks like Chupacabra

Hey StaticSkull!
Thanks Man, yes the idea it would be like an very open interpretation of the Lobizon and is somewhat like a chupacabra!

Response to Lets talk about Scary Monsters! 2017-04-04 20:40:11

At 4/4/17 08:38 PM, alejandroartworks wrote:
At 4/4/17 06:01 PM, StaticSkull wrote: I like A because it looks like Chupacabra
Hey StaticSkull!
Thanks Man, yes the idea it would be like an very open interpretation of the Lobizon and is somewhat like a chupacabra!

what's a lobizon?

Response to Lets talk about Scary Monsters! 2017-04-05 16:33:30

At 4/4/17 08:40 PM, StaticSkull wrote:
At 4/4/17 08:38 PM, alejandroartworks wrote:
Hey StaticSkull!
what's a lobizon?

A lobizon is like a werewolf but smaller and looks macabre as the chupacabras.

Response to Lets talk about Scary Monsters! 2017-04-05 16:35:52

This wave is more far from the Lobizon/werewolf idea but more like mutant mixed with Forest spirt.
What do you think guys?

Response to Lets talk about Scary Monsters! 2017-04-05 17:20:31

At 4/5/17 04:33 PM, alejandroartworks wrote: A lobizon is like a werewolf but smaller and looks macabre as the chupacabras.

Oh. That sounds awesome lol

Response to Lets talk about Scary Monsters! 2017-04-07 09:17:59

@ StaticSkull: Well matbe you will like this new wave of monsters, Ive taken again the wolf Monster Thing.

Dudes and dudettes heres again a new vawe of monster focusing on the werewolf take.
Again, critiques commments and ideas are welcome!

Keep it real!

Response to Lets talk about Scary Monsters! 2017-04-11 08:08:32

I've learned something about werewolves today :) It's really logical there are couple different types, not just one. Like Lobizon for example.

I agree with Dylan there, for B. I think it would be cool to see bear/gorilla werewolf version. Looks like something that's plausible, but recorded only in stories so nobody believe it's real. Not until they go camping in the wrong woods :)

It's awesome how many different themes you cover in your art. Keep posting.

Response to Lets talk about Scary Monsters! 2017-04-11 09:09:51

Hey Hugo, how are you doing man!

Heheh, thats the one i like the most because of his animal nature rather than supernatural, (that thing could be real? omg!!! x) I would be awesome to see a bounch onf kids sighting this creature on Cristal Lake!In fact that could be a nice concept mood pieces.

Thanks Man, in this case Im covering up the whole key pieces of a story , the good, the bad and the enviroment.Im more comfortable with humans but this creatures gave me a nice insight of the matter, of course there is much more to dicover!

At 4/11/17 08:08 AM, HugoTendaz wrote: I've learned something about werewolves today :) It's really logical there are couple different types, not just one. Like Lobizon for example.

I agree with Dylan there, for B. I think it would be cool to see bear/gorilla werewolf version. Looks like something that's plausible, but recorded only in stories so nobody believe it's real. Not until they go camping in the wrong woods :)

It's awesome how many different themes you cover in your art. Keep posting.

Response to Lets talk about Scary Monsters! 2017-04-12 13:53:40

Hey guys!
How are you doing, well after a team meeting this design was chosen, the one that si more as spirit of the forest.
I believe it has potential and I hope hairy wolves are your thing guys!

Cherios!

Response to Lets talk about Scary Monsters! 2017-04-17 09:08:42

Update!

Response to Lets talk about Scary Monsters! 2017-04-26 08:36:34

At 4/19/17 01:19 AM, TheOverGhoul wrote: B seems awesome honestly.

Hwy man! Thanks, Thtas my favourite too!
But I was asked to continue on "I", I will continue with that one later.

Small Update on this!