00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT!

31,039 Views | 82 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 16:47:15

At 3/31/17 04:41 PM, squidly wrote: I wish we could, like, EXPLAIN this to people. I wish we could tap every animator and game developer, or at least a bunch of them, to one day, just with one big ass thunderclap, have a "Newgrounds Appreciation Day" where they talk about how Newgrounds helped them.

THIS. We have Pico day, awesome, but Pico's relevance has lessened since the scrapping of Pico 2 (remember when we used to talk about that shit ALL. THE. TIME?)

Can we have a Newgrounds day? Hard to explain to my friends at this point what Pico is...

But I always talk up Newgrounds when I get the chance.

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 16:55:52

At 3/31/17 04:47 PM, Dragamex wrote:
At 3/31/17 04:41 PM, squidly wrote: I wish we could, like, EXPLAIN this to people. I wish we could tap every animator and game developer, or at least a bunch of them, to one day, just with one big ass thunderclap, have a "Newgrounds Appreciation Day" where they talk about how Newgrounds helped them.
THIS. We have Pico day, awesome, but Pico's relevance has lessened since the scrapping of Pico 2 (remember when we used to talk about that shit ALL. THE. TIME?)

Can we have a Newgrounds day? Hard to explain to my friends at this point what Pico is...

I wasn't thinking of replacing Pico Day, I was thinking of a seperate one-off where a bunch of animators all tweet/post/talk or something about what Newgrounds means to them.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 17:02:38

Awesome video! Also, I didn't knew that the Flash Brothers were the master minds behind Snipperclips!

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 17:09:45

At 3/31/17 04:55 PM, squidly wrote:
At 3/31/17 04:47 PM, Dragamex wrote:

I wasn't thinking of replacing Pico Day, I was thinking of a seperate one-off where a bunch of animators all tweet/post/talk or something about what Newgrounds means to them.

Didn't mean that either, sorry. Definitely meant in addition to existing days. Just saying that Pico day currently stands as the de facto Newgrounds Day, but the origin of Pico and the full story behind its birth, life, and death, and why that's important to the Newgrounds culture, isn't as readily accessible as the basic premise behind celebrating the joy of Newgrounds.

i.e. Pico day stands as more of a community day, where Newgrounds day would be accessible to new and old comers alike.

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 17:10:16

At 3/31/17 03:59 PM, sumidiotdude wrote:
At 3/31/17 03:41 PM, life wrote: The video is perfect Tom, an accurate an honest depiction of NG and it captured the vibe really well. Made me tear up, the memories. I love it and love you all. This site isn't done, the subscription model is smart and the way of the future. You've got this Tom. You're a genius.
yo dude you dont know me but you tagged me in like the first flash i was ever "a part of" which was some clock day flash animation that was similar to the mad men intro and had paper planes playing in the background and for someone who didnt have flash at the time it was so awesome to see my name attached to a project as lame as that sounds and i shamelessly voted 5 on that motherfucker every single day - so thanks man

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Newgrounds have achieved to stay relevant of itself from sites back then who no longer are and newer sites that dominate most of the internet today. I've said this before even though my account in still new I've came around when Youtube was small and the early internet memes was around along with Ebaumsworld. Most times here was spent playing some flash games and watch Phoenix Wrong videos. I'm so glad I bought the yearly support.

Newgrounds still have a reason for its existence on the internet.

BBS Signature

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 17:46:29

holy shit I did not know you lost so much money.

Thanks for funding our enjoyment out of your own pocket.

It really means a lot to me.

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 18:00:02

I saw the video and it reminded me of all the great times I had on this site as I grew up. I'm actually surprised I was able to remember my login info. I would absolutely love to see this site flourish again like it did when I was younger.

Here's hoping some more people remember where it all started and hop in and support such a great site.

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 18:09:40

Much respect Tom. Newgrounds will always hold a place for me.

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 18:11:45

I have to say I'm surprised at how accurate the video feels.

I've been in many communities since - but that artistic brotherhood (/sisterhood) and the sheer will to just... create is something I haven't encountered since. It was awesome.

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 18:37:10

I still remember waking up each morning when i was younger, and jumping at the chance to get back onto here, back then I didn't do anything of value, back then i wasnt even an artist, but its still where my roots are, where I sort of grew from and took inspiration from first to set me on the path im on today with wanting to make something of value for people to enjoy, Newgrounds was the absolute start to my online life and I hope it stays around for good.

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 18:40:43

Today's a great day to be back on Newgrounds. I hope NG gets more support Tom, because it deserves it.

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 18:40:55

I wouldn't be where I am today without this site. Thanks for putting in so much love and effort, Tom. I should hang out more.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 18:53:09

At 3/31/17 02:50 PM, FOST3R wrote: @TomFulp I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but how would I correctly go about changing my monthly supporter subscription amount? I just don't want to double - purchase a subscription by accident (not sure if that's possible, even).

Checking with Jim on this but best bet might be to just cancel the subscription and then create a new one.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 18:56:43

At 3/31/17 03:41 PM, life wrote: You've got this Tom. You're a genius.

That should be my mantra when I look in the mirror every morning.

BBS Signature

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 19:00:06

At 3/31/17 04:47 PM, Dragamex wrote: Can we have a Newgrounds day? Hard to explain to my friends at this point what Pico is...

I've tossed around the idea over the years of changing it to Newgrounds Day... A lot of people still have a soft spot for Pico Day but it does get more confusing each year. One of these years....

BBS Signature

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 19:00:50

At 3/31/17 04:51 PM, Jurgen wrote: Also yeah this video was beautiful. I saw a reddit comment on it that said something like "Newgrounds is like the adult swim of the internet" and I think that's just the perfect description.

Ya know, when Adult Swim launched, people said it was "like Newgrounds on TV."

BBS Signature

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 19:02:42

Okay, this month I finally have 25 disposable dollars to my name, bought the supporter!

On a sidenote, lots of people coming here to play idle games, zombidle being the prime suspect. The best way for newgrounds to make additional bucks would be to develop an idle first-hand game, with profits from MTC going to newgrounds, like Kongregate has with Adventure Capitalist.
I feel like the site needs a few more engines like that to keep people coming on a daily basis. Considering that most of our games are 15-minutes time wasters we make in a week, they have limited appeal.

For me Newgrounds was always a huge inspiration, this year it's exactly 10 years since I first came here. Thank you!

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 19:02:43

Much deserved. The path of the future, today!

BBS Signature

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 19:07:03

You know when I saw just the title of the video it reminded me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0itfepYE2-w

The video itself is way more positive though, it just kinda makes me feel pretty optimistic actually. It kinda made me happy to see the video talking about NG's impact and in the comments a bunch of people talking about how the site helped them, just goes to show that even if the site is in a less than desirable state now, and even when it wasn't it was never perfect, its impact hasn't been forgotten. Although many people just see the site as that old website with squandered potential, the potential does still at least exist in my opinion. I notice a lot of people saying "Man I miss NG" or "Man I wish this site wasn't dead" or "Man I wish there was a dedicated animation site" on various different places, social media in particular, so at least the audience is there from what I see.

At 3/31/17 07:00 PM, TomFulp wrote: I've tossed around the idea over the years of changing it to Newgrounds Day... A lot of people still have a soft spot for Pico Day but it does get more confusing each year. One of these years....

Does the site not have an official Birthday? First day online? Could change Pico Day to Newgrounds Day/Birthday and have the logo as Pico with a birthday cake or something.

The Monthly target has been smashed since this morning and this thread has over 11k views. Awesome!

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 19:08:41

At 3/31/17 07:00 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/31/17 04:47 PM, Dragamex wrote: Can we have a Newgrounds day? Hard to explain to my friends at this point what Pico is...

I've tossed around the idea over the years of changing it to Newgrounds Day... A lot of people still have a soft spot for Pico Day but it does get more confusing each year. One of these years....

Don't change it! Keep it! Make a SEPARATE day! One is celebrating CULTURE, the other celebrates COMMUNITY

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 20:23:19

Good video

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 20:29:58

I'll always love you Tom

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 20:31:41

Seen this video on reddit and caused me to try and login to my old account that I remember from when I was a kid and here I am.

16 years later.

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 20:34:28

At 3/31/17 08:31 PM, OnscreeN wrote: Seen this video on reddit and caused me to try and login to my old account that I remember from when I was a kid and here I am.

16 years later.

Welcome back!

BBS Signature

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 20:35:37

I loved the video... I'm so proud to have been a part of all that and a part of where NG is heading NEXT!

For all the crap you're going through Tom, you've made something truly special here and you have a LOT of people who love and support you.

Keep on keeping on, we're right here willing to help it all come together.

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 21:04:28

At 3/31/17 07:02 PM, Rarykos wrote:

On a sidenote, lots of people coming here to play idle games, zombidle being the prime suspect. The best way for newgrounds to make additional bucks would be to develop an idle first-hand game, with profits from MTC going to newgrounds, like Kongregate has with Adventure Capitalist.
I feel like the site needs a few more engines like that to keep people coming on a daily basis. Considering that most of our games are 15-minutes time wasters we make in a week, they have limited appeal.

I think the problem with that is, that you would have to find someone making an exclusive partnership with NG ONLY!!!
But from a developer standpoint it would be probably way more lucrative to go to sites like KG and make a deal with them instead (unfortunately)

But maybe it wouldnt change anything at all. To me it seems like once a person who is playing a lot of online games has found a website for himself where he plays the games this person doesnt change its preferences anymore. I mean who is active on Kongregate and Newgrounds and gamejolt (bad example :3 ) at the same time?

It would be interesting to know how a teen gets started with playing games on the net.

I just typed in games online in google and the results are
1. miniclip
2. kongregate
3. bigfishgames (wtf such a small site)
4. addictinggames etc

yeah, but i mean tom already mentioned that. still makes me a bit sad :(

I think Kongregate also gets a lot of people from the fact that they can play their games and chat at the same time.

Well, sorry for the unsorted thoughts. What was my point again? I forgot...

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 22:30:03

At 3/31/17 11:40 AM, TomFulp wrote: kaptainkristian released a video about Newgrounds this morning and everyone should watch it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFS7APAApBA

The Irony here is we all have to watch that video on youtube..

We need that NG video app :(

Response to Great Newgrounds Video - WATCH IT! 2017-03-31 22:37:22

For me there's no place on the internet like Newgrounds. I love this place and it's amazing.

sicko mode

BBS Signature