00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheAxebaneStag just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New VA looking to get started

1,219 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

New VA looking to get started 2017-03-26 17:36:08

New to voice acting not to new grounds! This is what I've wanted to do for a long time and now i finally am able to voice act for any animators or game devs that need it. Don't have a good set up yet but i can record and send tryouts or any kind of voice files you need to see if i would be a match. Hopefully someone gets back to me and happy animating/game dev(ing?) you slightly beautiful slightly sweaty fellow newgrounders,

Response to New VA looking to get started 2017-03-26 18:59:51

Response to New VA looking to get started 2017-03-26 19:42:05

At 3/26/17 06:59 PM, Montynotpython wrote: Watch this before you start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sjZJ9i_mH0&t=20s

Wow this really opened my eyes to so much thanks for not letting me look like a fuck for any perspective directors!

Response to New VA looking to get started 2017-03-26 20:02:02

No prob man, I learned a lot from soulbro

Response to New VA looking to get started 2017-03-26 21:59:58

At 3/26/17 08:02 PM, Montynotpython wrote: No prob man, I learned a lot from soulbro

He's really awesome haha now i just have to come uo with the money to get the equipment

Response to New VA looking to get started 2017-03-26 22:25:07

At 3/26/17 09:59 PM, pIzzaaghost wrote:
At 3/26/17 08:02 PM, Montynotpython wrote: No prob man, I learned a lot from soulbro
He's really awesome haha now i just have to come uo with the money to get the equipment

If you don't already *know* that you love voice acting, I highly suggest buying some decent, but lower end (and more user friendly) equipment for now, and work your way up to a more expensive setup. It would really, really suck to spend $200-$500 and then find out next week voice acting really isn't fun for you -- on the flipside, you can at least get some practice while saving up, and you can resell the old equipment then. :)

Response to New VA looking to get started 2017-03-27 10:04:33

At 3/26/17 10:25 PM, rebekahamberclark wrote:
At 3/26/17 09:59 PM, pIzzaaghost wrote:
If you don't already *know* that you love voice acting, I highly suggest buying some decent, but lower end (and more user friendly) equipment for now, and work your way up to a more expensive setup. It would really, really suck to spend $200-$500 and then find out next week voice acting really isn't fun for you -- on the flipside, you can at least get some practice while saving up, and you can resell the old equipment then. :)

Now that was where I was when I was 14 and 15 i was jostling between so many different job ideas that i looked crazy but i really think that this is what i want to do after watching hours of it haha for now I'm just selling my unplayed PS4 games with little to no luck for extra cash.

Response to New VA looking to get started 2017-03-27 12:40:39

Now that was where I was when I was 14 and 15 i was jostling between so many different job ideas that i looked crazy but i really think that this is what i want to do after watching hours of it haha for now I'm just selling my unplayed PS4 games with little to no luck for extra cash.

Sorry, watching hours of what? You mean, watching hours of content that has been voice acted?

But have you ever *done* any voice acting at all, hobby or otherwise? If so, great! More power to you! But if you haven't recorded so much as a line of dialogue, it's kind of like buying expensive figure skating equipment so you can train for the Olympics if you've never stepped inside an ice skating rink. Do you know what I'm saying?

Response to New VA looking to get started 2017-03-27 13:02:43

At 3/27/17 12:40 PM, rebekahamberclark wrote:
Sorry, watching hours of what? You mean, watching hours of content that has been voice acted?

But have you ever *done* any voice acting at all, hobby or otherwise? If so, great! More power to you! But if you haven't recorded so much as a line of dialogue, it's kind of like buying expensive figure skating equipment so you can train for the Olympics if you've never stepped inside an ice skating rink. Do you know what I'm saying?

Sorry haha I meant hours of just voice actors working and warming up.But I've tried hobby work and fell in love with voice acting and really wanted to do it professionally but for now i just need cheap equipment that'll work until i can upgrade for better right now i have a shit usb mic and audacity to record sadly.

Response to New VA looking to get started 2017-03-27 13:28:17

Sorry haha I meant hours of just voice actors working and warming up.But I've tried hobby work and fell in love with voice acting and really wanted to do it professionally but for now i just need cheap equipment that'll work until i can upgrade for better right now i have a shit usb mic and audacity to record sadly.

OK, that's what I was wondering. :) Since you *have* done hobby voice acting, then loop back to "Great! More power to you!" :)