00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GMan2006i just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hi I'm new here and I can't

362 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi I'm new here and I can't 2017-03-17 07:00:42

Hi I'm new here and I can't see my Art anywhere on the new Art section? Also I have changed my thumbnail crop so you can see the image of my Art in thumbnails, but on my profile it just appears as a piece of the background to the Art still?

Any help would be much appreciated. Please can someone confirm my Art is viewable?

Thanks in advance :) Lara

Response to Hi I'm new here and I can't 2017-03-17 07:10:58

Howdy there! What's going on is that your art isn't on the portal because you haven't been scouted yet.

Your art is visible through your actual profile but isn't yet seen out in the open on the art portal.

This is a guide to scouting here on the site, a basic set of rules. You need 4 submissions to get started and don't ask to be scouted.

Your best bet is to have a few submissions and start a thread in the art forum.

Good Luck! :)

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Hi there, welcome to Newgrounds!

The art and audio portals use a system called scouting. In essence it means that established artists are on the lookout for new artists, and if they deem their work high quality enough, they can scout them so their work appears on the respective portals. This is a way to have some quality control on there.

If I recall correctly, for the art portal you need at least 3 piece of art before you can be scouted by someone. In any case, you can have a read here for more information about scouting.

As for the thumbnail issue, I'm not sure what's going on there, perhaps your browser is caching the old thumbnail. Try pressing ctrl+R or cmd+R on your keyboard while on your user page and see if that makes it update. It forces the browser to reload all of the files associated with the page rather than relying on old versions it had cached.

EDIT: oops, looks like Mrccbirdguy beat me to it while I was writing my reply!

Response to Hi I'm new here and I can't 2017-03-17 07:17:50

Thank you very much :)

Thanks Mich :) That cmd R worked!