00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Almost-Ichabod just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Characters by Mopsicle

335 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello, my friends.

I'd like to share some of my work. What I do is a little different, I design simple, cute characters in Adobe Illustrator.

Let's start off with ol' egg-face here. I'll periodically add more as I make them. Comments are welcome.

For those so inclined, feel free to follow me on Twitter.

Characters by Mopsicle

BBS Signature

Response to Characters by Mopsicle 2017-02-20 00:22:58

Here's a fanart of Koffing, my favourite Pokémon.

Characters by Mopsicle

BBS Signature

Response to Characters by Mopsicle 2017-02-21 17:48:28

Adorable! Love the simple colors and cleanliness of both drawings. I'd love to see more.

Response to Characters by Mopsicle 2017-02-21 19:30:42 (edited 2017-02-21 19:31:22)

At 2/20/17 12:22 AM, Mopsicle wrote: Here's a fanart of Koffing, my favourite Pokémon.

Firstly: these are great, please make some more.

As a comment, I didn't immediately associate the heart cloud with the koffing and I thought they were two separate entities due to their equivalent size (which I guess is intentional). It might help to have some minor puffs or a trail to help link the two images together.

BBS Signature

Response to Characters by Mopsicle 2017-02-21 21:01:05 (edited 2017-02-21 21:03:50)

At 2/21/17 05:48 PM, CoconutMoose wrote: Adorable! Love the simple colors and cleanliness of both drawings. I'd love to see more.

Thank you so much! I hope to share more as I make them, and a few older works as well.

At 2/21/17 07:30 PM, CrunkOnASwag wrote: As a comment, I didn't immediately associate the heart cloud with the koffing and I thought they were two separate entities due to their equivalent size (which I guess is intentional). It might help to have some minor puffs or a trail to help link the two images together.

Thanks, Crunk. Very valid criticism! Both the Kofffing and the cloud are on a typically on a white background, and it's probably a lot less confusing when you can actually see the boundaries of the image, but I'm taking full advantage of the ability to share transparent PNG files on Newgrounds.

Here's some friendly advice from two toilet paper rolls.

Characters by Mopsicle

BBS Signature