00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Inkolypso just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project

1,536 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-02-13 19:17:37

Hey Newgrounds Community!

My studio is working on an animation development teaser to be pitched to major studios. We are looking for the perfect VO actors to play either a supporting male role with a cheeky British accent or a strong female lead. It is a sci-fi/action comedy set in a future where time travel is as easy as booking a vacation. The series is centered around a group of heroes called the Watchdogs, tasked with protecting the integrity of history at all costs. The gig is no pay, so we want people who are either looking to build their reel or are passionate about sci-fi (or both; even better).

See the character descriptions below and the linked sides. If you're interested, record the lines -- in several different styles if you choose.

Wilson: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0_MDeh5IckGOHY0OHpvU3E1aXM
Zoe: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0_MDeh5IckGc21oZkNud1l0cEE

Message me if you have any questions! Feel free to send the recording through here or at goldnerz@gmail.com
Thanks!

ZOE
Role Type: Lead
Age Range: 25-35
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
Media required from applicants: Audio Reel
Role Description: has brains, beauty, and bad-ass fighting skills; even though she possesses the guts a captain needs to bring missions home, she often finds it difficult to manager her misfit team; with a military past steeped in heartbreak and tragedy, Zoe can’t fully embrace her new leadership role; what she doesn’t realize, however, is that a growing fondness for her fellow Watchdogs is turning her into a better leader than she ever was.

WILSON
Type: Supporting
Age Range: 30-45
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Role Description: up until a string of box office bombs, this British movie star was once hailed by critics as the greatest of his generation; now, instead of using his world-class acting chops on the silver screen, he uses them to play legendary figures, as long as his ego doesn’t get in the way first; despite being a cheeky bastard, Wilson suffers from depression now that his star career is long-gone in the rear-view mirror; his self-prescribed remedy?; booze, booze, and more booze; role will require the actor to also play a straight western accent.

Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project

Response to Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-02-13 20:47:01

I'm definitely interested in trying out for Wilson. Do you want me to record the lines in the sides and send them to you, or do you just want my character voice demo? You can listen to that here:

At 2/13/17 07:17 PM, goldnerz wrote:

Hey Newgrounds Community!

My studio is working on an animation development teaser to be pitched to major studios. We are looking for the perfect VO actors to play either a supporting male role with a cheeky British accent or a strong female lead. It is a sci-fi/action comedy set in a future where time travel is as easy as booking a vacation. The series is centered around a group of heroes called the Watchdogs, tasked with protecting the integrity of history at all costs. The gig is no pay, so we want people who are either looking to build their reel or are passionate about sci-fi (or both; even better).

See the character descriptions below and the linked sides. If you're interested, record the lines -- in several different styles if you choose.

Wilson: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0_MDeh5IckGOHY0OHpvU3E1aXM
Zoe: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0_MDeh5IckGc21oZkNud1l0cEE

Message me if you have any questions! Feel free to send the recording through here or at goldnerz@gmail.com
Thanks!

ZOE
Role Type: Lead
Age Range: 25-35
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
Role Description: has brains, beauty, and bad-ass fighting skills; even though she possesses the guts a captain needs to bring missions home, she often finds it difficult to manager her misfit team; with a military past steeped in heartbreak and tragedy, Zoe can’t fully embrace her new leadership role; what she doesn’t realize, however, is that a growing fondness for her fellow Watchdogs is turning her into a better leader than she ever was.

WILSON
Type: Supporting
Age Range: 30-45
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Role Description: up until a string of box office bombs, this British movie star was once hailed by critics as the greatest of his generation; now, instead of using his world-class acting chops on the silver screen, he uses them to play legendary figures, as long as his ego doesn’t get in the way first; despite being a cheeky bastard, Wilson suffers from depression now that his star career is long-gone in the rear-view mirror; his self-prescribed remedy?; booze, booze, and more booze; role will require the actor to also play a straight western accent.

Response to Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-02-13 21:36:42

Great demo makestuff. Would love to hear an audition with the sides sometime this week!

Best,

Zac

Response to Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-02-14 02:02:56

Response to Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-02-14 04:11:43

Zoe looks great as well - I'll send over an audition for her as well. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-02-14 07:33:06

I'll be sending in an audition for this set as well! Will there be other characters?

Response to Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-02-14 14:48:01

These are it! The other characters have been cast already.

At 2/14/17 07:33 AM, Bindy wrote: I'll be sending in an audition for this set as well! Will there be other characters?

Response to Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-02-14 17:01:17

At 2/14/17 02:48 PM, goldnerz wrote: These are it! The other characters have been cast already.

At 2/14/17 07:33 AM, Bindy wrote: I'll be sending in an audition for this set as well! Will there be other characters?

here is my reel. also i emaild you my takes on wilson.

Response to Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-02-14 17:45:23

This project sounds awesome! I would love to send in an audition for Wilson! What type of Western accent are you looking for though, like hick Western or just American?

You need a voice? I got plenty for ya! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-02-14 18:04:48

Hey LeVi,

Normal American Western. Should be interrogative. Wilson (albeit; a tad drunk) is fishing out information from a criminal.

At 2/14/17 05:45 PM, LeVi422 wrote: This project sounds awesome! I would love to send in an audition for Wilson! What type of Western accent are you looking for though, like hick Western or just American?

Response to Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-02-14 20:54:50

sounds good! I'll go ahead and put together an audition for Wilson! He sounds like an awesome character!

You need a voice? I got plenty for ya! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-02-16 16:30:09

Just shot my audition. This project sounds very interesting.

Response to Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-02-19 16:00:23

Is there a deadline for this project? Wanna be sure I've got time to send in an audition before the roles are cast.

Sig by ToastedToastyToast

BBS Signature

Response to Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-02-20 17:02:00

We'd like to hear all the auditions by end of the week.

At 2/19/17 04:00 PM, DeadEndWorldStudios wrote: Is there a deadline for this project? Wanna be sure I've got time to send in an audition before the roles are cast.

Response to Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-02-21 14:30:34

At 2/13/17 07:17 PM, goldnerz wrote: Hey Newgrounds Community!

If you ever need any villains I'm very interested.

https://soundcloud.com/user-69124635

Response to Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-02-27 22:22:20

Sending over a audition tomorrow not sure if you are still looking or not.

Response to Casting for Sci-fi/Comedy Project 2017-03-19 14:24:42