00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ruthless3r just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2017 Opening Thoughts

10,887 Views | 70 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to 2017 Opening Thoughts 2017-01-04 12:26:13

At 1/4/17 11:34 AM, Blordow wrote: I understand you just want to have your space for a year, it's very refreshing to just have quality "me" time. I've had quality "me" time for a few years now lmao damn I am lonely, don't become like me though Tom, deep down you might be the type of guy that just wants to sit in his underwear and dance to really gay songs without having to worry about people coming over. I got used to that lifestyle. At the end of the day though we're all human and sometimes we just need to find the time to reconnect with ourselves in peace, I hope you find the balance this year as I am finding that balance too.

I feel like I'll still have plenty of social engagement this year, just not a massive event. I do get the desire to just be alone a lot, though.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to 2017 Opening Thoughts 2017-01-04 13:39:57

At 1/4/17 10:39 AM, TomFulp wrote:

We'll need to hit up Han Dynasty when you come.
I need to try out Han again, I wasn't that impressed the first time.. then again half of the plates where empty by the time they were passed to me..:p
I don't like doing family style with more than 4 people involved.

smart idea..

speaking of smart ideas, did our whole "Mystery Box" thing we did at the store predate this whole LootCrate craze we have now?

Response to 2017 Opening Thoughts 2017-01-04 14:29:29

At 1/4/17 01:39 PM, MindChamber wrote: speaking of smart ideas, did our whole "Mystery Box" thing we did at the store predate this whole LootCrate craze we have now?

Good question... I think initially? Although the real genius of lootcrate is the monthly subscription. :P

BBS Signature

Response to 2017 Opening Thoughts 2017-01-04 19:26:16

I was surprised by how many people were at that last Pico Day despite not having newgrounds accounts. Some people weren't even content creators of anything. They just stumbled in apparently. This one kid I talked to only had an email address and a bottle of moonshine. No idea what he was doing there.

Not complaining here. I met a lot of really cool people, got some great drawings in my sketch pad, and had a ton of fun. Just saying, you're a very brave man to invite that insanity into your office.

At 1/2/17 07:00 PM, TomFulp wrote: I've been especially overwhelmed by the music licensing issues we've been having

Has it ever not been the case? The music world is a shit storm of litigation. The only option left is to delete the audio portal, imo. Give us a heads up so I can back up my music.

quarl BandCamp

Response to 2017 Opening Thoughts 2017-01-05 01:02:48

Cool. Yes as someone living in Australia I sometimes feel sad I cant go to a lot of these American meet ups. But I'm such an inside person anyways I probably wouldn't know how to interact once their hah.

Cool hoping for you to rock my world in 2017, Tom.

Also my biggest game I've ever made is getting closer to done :O RPG/RTS Game.

Happy New Year Everyone.

BBS Signature

Response to 2017 Opening Thoughts 2017-01-05 07:32:01

At 1/2/17 12:15 PM, TomFulp wrote: In related news, we aren't planning to host a Pico Day party this year, which is a big bummer because lots of amazing people have been planning to attend. The Pico Day party is legendary but consumes a lot of time and energy and I've succumbed to stress and anxiety this year. There is a lot of work to get done and the celebrating will have to wait.

Shoot. The year I'm actually able to attend Pico Day on and I missed it. And from what I've seen in photos and stories, that always seemed like a great way to make new friends.

Either way, I get why it's not happening and wish ya the best of health, Tom. Keep the site going strong and let's hope Newgrounds continues to grow.

BBS Signature

Response to 2017 Opening Thoughts 2017-01-05 09:31:19

At 1/5/17 01:02 AM, Eggy wrote: Also my biggest game I've ever made is getting closer to done :O RPG/RTS Game.

For some reason I read that as RPG/RTS SPORTS Game at first glance. That would be kinda interesting.

BBS Signature

Response to 2017 Opening Thoughts 2017-01-11 16:07:47 (edited 2017-01-11 16:08:40)

Happy New Year!

Shame about the lack of official Pico Day party this year, but I'll celebrate at a distance as usual; hope to spend a good dose of time with the site that one day. It's been fun looking at party footage in the past, though I must admit it does feel a bit distancing not being anywhere near. Streams would be fun though. Maybe an opportune moment to get something like that old Webcams section up and running again, with random artists from around the world hosting whatever homages and content streams they can, at whatever time they're available, as a sort-of non-stop collective Pico Day party spread across multiple locations? :)

Also did the hosting just become more expensive? Server upgrade?

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to 2017 Opening Thoughts 2017-01-11 16:19:18

At 1/11/17 04:07 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Also did the hosting just become more expensive? Server upgrade?

Mentioned that in my latest post - the costs went up since we moved to managed hosting but we didn't want to mess with the monthly goal until we were hitting it more regularly. Hoping we'll be able to hit the new goal regularly now.

BBS Signature

Response to 2017 Opening Thoughts 2017-01-11 17:32:16

At 1/11/17 04:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: Mentioned that in my latest post - the costs went up since we moved to managed hosting but we didn't want to mess with the monthly goal until we were hitting it more regularly. Hoping we'll be able to hit the new goal regularly now.

Ah, good to know.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to 2017 Opening Thoughts 2017-01-23 19:22:26

At 1/2/17 05:33 PM, Rucklo wrote: WHOOO happeh new yearz etc! ^______________^

I got you something special. I hope I can make it down there, as I moved away :(

If not, it puts me at least in a position to come visit you <3

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.