00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hyper-Neko-Gold just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The movie you're currently watching

73,761 Views | 1,333 Replies

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-14 10:26:35

Coco (2018)

A Mexican boy journeys into the land of the dead to find his grandparent and prove himself as a musician... watching this one in a bit, and so far it seems pretty promising! Colorful, creative, atmospheric; with plenty of music. It's Pixar too, so don't think I'll be disappointed.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-14 12:38:51

Day of the Dead: Bloodline

Sure was a zombie movie. A few callbacks to Day of the Dead without being a pure remake. I found the CGI zombie would have been nicer as practical effects.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-14 13:27:23

The Last Jedi. Way better than George Lucas with his Anakin movies. Snoke just reminds me of smeagol though. And Kylo Ren always has this dumb expression on his face. The light saber he has with the side parts would easily cut himself imo. It was just put in to look cool of course.

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-14 13:43:25

Pulp Fiction

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-14 15:54:06

Jumanji :welcome to the jungle

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-15 03:53:20

Runaway, 1984. We didn't call them drones back then, or digital personal assistants... idk, the back of the VHS box sums it up nicely, had good production values. This movie totally has to be remade. Also, Gene Simmons outta Kiss makes a perfect bad guy >:)

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-15 09:13:39

Linda Vista Project Hospital

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-20 13:10:55

Asylum of Fear

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-21 08:19:43

An old classic of movies

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-21 10:40:41

Category 6

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-21 10:58:25

Thrive: What on Earth Will it Take? (2011)

A documentary about how the big banks control the world, basically. With a little bit on free energy and universal shapes mixed in... felt that other bit distracted from the facts a bit, and it's pretty long, but otherwise really enlightening. The world's not as free as it seems...

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-21 11:00:09

12 Rounds 3: Lockdown (2015)

I really liked the second 12 Rounds movie, but this was... so so. The story's alright, about an honest cop locked in police HQ with a bunch of crooked ones looking for evidence, but overall bit of a B-movie. Could've been more convincing.

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-21 11:01:53

The Commuter (2018)

Liam Neeson's still got it! It's another movie like most of his recent ones, but this time on a train; with a twist. Pretty gritty, in a refreshingly new (at least for a while now) location. Some lazy/budget special effects but otherwise all good.

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-21 11:03:37

The Assassin's Code (2018)

Bit of a B-movie but not bad. Cops and robbers plot. For some reason a lot of the characters reminded me of the ones from Max Payne...

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-21 11:30:04

At 4/21/18 08:19 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: An old classic of movies

~X~

That's one of my favorite movie collections I own.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-21 13:43:35

At 4/21/18 08:19 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: An old classic of movies

All four? Don't think I've seen Spies Like Us, but the others: awesome. Is it any similar?

At 4/20/18 06:36 PM, Zymbot wrote: If you liked Kong, you might like this.

Been thinking it looked similar ever since I saw the cover. :) Plotting to watch it too. I did like Kong, even though it felt like a pretty mainstream adaptation on the old classic... thin characters, as you say. But still awesome.

At 4/15/18 03:53 AM, VicariousE wrote: Runaway, 1984.

From that very particular year huh, think I'ma have to see this one some time! Hadn't even heard of it. Hadn't heard of Gene Simmons in acting either. :D Interesting!

At 4/21/18 10:40 AM, Pipsqueak1973 wrote: Category 6

Looks pretty apocalyptic! Nice.

At 4/14/18 12:38 PM, Peregrinus wrote: Day of the Dead: Bloodline

Did you... like it? :/ Think that was one of the biggest disappointments I've seen in some time

At 4/14/18 01:43 PM, Pipsqueak1973 wrote: Pulp Fiction

Never gets old. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-21 13:45:19

12 Strong (2018)

A movie about Al Qaeda's biggest failure, and the twelve man troop that marched into Afghanistan to help the warlords win the war against the Taliban, with both drones and on horseback, really fighting the fight on location. A bit heavy on propoganda for my taste, but otherwise pretty inspiring. Unexpected seeing Chris Hemsworth in such a role too.

BBS Signature

Behind Enemy Lines (2001)

Another army movie, though this one with Owen Wilson as the main man! And Gene Hackman as General. Unexpected combo. Owen plays a pilot who gets shot down in hostile territory and has to make it out... but it really was really well-filmed/tense/good. Pretty different from the usual war movie.

BBS Signature

Den Of Thieves (2018)

This one was pretty savage! Great action, even if some of the special effects were so so. Not as much impact with the firepower as I'd have liked, and the characters come off somewhat superficial. But they still make a great movie. Iconic final scene too.

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-21 14:53:54

At 4/21/18 01:43 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 4/14/18 12:38 PM, Peregrinus wrote: Day of the Dead: Bloodline
Did you... like it? :/ Think that was one of the biggest disappointments I've seen in some time

Ehhhhhhhh.....it wasn't great. I prefer practical effects like Greg Nicotero used to do over the digitally added in bloodsplatter. It amused me that they paid money to make a Hummer H1 look like a HMMWV, when it would have been cheaper to just get a surplus HMMWV.

The main baddie zombie reminded me of I Am Legend, with the ability to talk and CGI face stuff. I think it was better done with the main zom in Land of the Dead, because it was a little more believable I guess.

I'm always down to watch campy zombie movies, so I'm not the most harsh critic. It was on Netflix so meh.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

At 4/21/18 02:53 PM, Peregrinus wrote: It amused me that they paid money to make a Hummer H1 look like a HMMWV, when it would have been cheaper to just get a surplus HMMWV.

Interesting detail indeed. XD

The main baddie zombie reminded me of I Am Legend, with the ability to talk and CGI face stuff. I think it was better done with the main zom in Land of the Dead, because it was a little more believable I guess.

Didn't think of the I Am Legend similarity either but you're right, seems he wasn't that revolutionary after all...

I'm always down to watch campy zombie movies, so I'm not the most harsh critic. It was on Netflix so meh.

Well good to hear your opinion. Starting to feel like I'm losing the humility required to just watch movies for fun like that; not become like a critic... the special effects bugged me to oblivion with this one though.

I definitely enjoy the ones with props over CGI too. Even old movies with barely any splatter at all can be pretty tense. Like The Omega Man, or Last Man On Earth (older versions of I Am Legend - though they didn't even have zombies). All they need is a good atmosphere, angles and actors, and the grittier the better. Feels like the older ones often had a lot of that grit the new ones don't.

With the zombie genre in particular.

BBS Signature

At 4/21/18 05:33 PM, Zymbot wrote:
Oh dear.

Ohmy that's sad news he was always funny

And on a lighter note I'm watching goldfinger now and a line I just heard just now made me chuckle

(Put it in the skin box)

Lol

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-21 21:39:33

At 4/21/18 05:33 PM, Zymbot wrote:
I have it too.
http://amp.tmz.com/2018/04/21/verne-troyer-dead-at-49

Oh dear.

Damn shame. R.I.P.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-22 02:00:36

Count of Monte Cristo. Great revenge story. I have seen the movie only. I plan to get the Manga/comic book version from the library tomorrow. The real book is very long. I might read it in the future when my reading skills improve.

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-22 10:56:10

Bad Ben

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-23 19:13:05

At 4/21/18 01:43 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: All four? Don't think I've seen Spies Like Us, but the others: awesome. Is it any similar?

Man that's a weird AF quad-pack of movies: 3 Austin Powers and an SNL produced Spies Like Us smh
Spies Like Us takes place in the Reagan era, Chase is the office layabout and PR guy, Akroyd is the basement dwelling shining star - both get scooped up for a black op. Very decent flick in a comedy sense, lol here's a brief audio from about 3/4's of the way thru the movie: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/589338

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-26 18:30:50

Just finished Angels & Demons. Definitely a bit weirder of a plot than The Da Vinci Code, but still a great watch.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-26 22:25:38

So I finished watching Avengers: Infinity War not so long ago...

And holy shit. I need time to digest what I just watched

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-26 22:44:20

At 4/26/18 10:33 PM, Zymbot wrote:
At 4/26/18 10:25 PM, YellowisCOOL wrote: So I finished watching Avengers: Infinity War not so long ago...

And holy shit. I need time to digest what I just watched
I'm seeing it tomorrow!

Nice! Hopefully you enjoy it as much as I did!

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-27 10:23:05

At 12/22/16 03:54 PM, StaticSkull wrote: We have one of these for games and music. We might as well make one for movies.

If you'd like to tell us what the movie is about too, then feel free to do so.

I'm watching Freddy Got Fingered and it's fucking weird as hell lol :p

The last one that I watched was The invisible guest An amazing Netflix movie! It is thriller and it ends with an unexpected ending! You will be shook after watching it :D