00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mirenamak just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The movie you're currently watching

73,557 Views | 1,333 Replies

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-04-28 11:00:11

Insidious: The Last Keys

Renegades (2017)

Best war movie I've seen in a while! Though not so much war as a search for Nazi gold bars hidden at the bottom of a lake - in a flooded village. The atmosphere's the best part really, though action/actors not bad either.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Going In Style (2017)

It's a movie about three old dudes who decide to rob a bank... can't decide if it's inspiring or just depressing (considering the old age theme, combined with great actors that seem to be going towards their end of days), but it was pretty fun. Might be the most authentic movie of the sort considering all three main actors are over 80 y/o too. Still going strong.

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-01 07:18:22

Category 6: Day Of Destruction (2004)

This was more like a TV show than a movie (they do call it a TV movie) - the script follows a few groups instead of a main one, the special effects are crap, the dialog's heavy and unnecessary... it was pretty exciting though. Wouldn't recommend it, but they managed the tension pretty well. Turned out OK.

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-01 07:22:31

Fistful Of Lead (1970)

I wish the Spaghetti Western era never ended! Found one clearly inspired by the more known Fistful of Dollars - it has a main actor that looks similar and a Good/Bad/Ugly-like trio, but other than that it goes its own way. Creative action, authentic settings and that stone cold calm of the era... the cover doesn't do it justice.

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-01 23:31:24

Deadpool

And this is like my 3rd time to watch it in the last month

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-04 14:55:23

seed of Chucky

Finished all 24 bond films.

Most of the DVDs were shit and skipped a lot.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

At 4/23/18 03:26 PM, RightTime wrote: I saw Get Out recently. It was a very good movie and I liked it a lot even though I'm not generally a fan of horror films.

Aw yeah, that one was refreshingly different! :D Blumhouse are bringing horror back to its roots, I feel. To unpredictable, uncomfortable and tense rather than just gory and morbid... though that one did have some gore too. If you're looking for similar things you might want to try Light's Out, Don't Breathe and It Follows - it's like a Renaissance of good horror lately.

At 4/27/18 09:51 PM, RightTime wrote: The Accountant, very good movie.

That too! :D Seems we have similar taste!

At 4/26/18 06:30 PM, Atlas wrote: Just finished Angels & Demons. Definitely a bit weirder of a plot than The Da Vinci Code, but still a great watch.

Weirder but... better right? Compared to the former it was just so intense. Though indeed a bit heavier on the sci-fi side.

BBS Signature

At 5/1/18 11:31 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Deadpool

And this is like my 3rd time to watch it in the last month

Preparing for the second? :)

At 5/2/18 07:19 PM, Zymbot wrote: Watched the new sixth Tremors movie on Netflix.

It's okay. Just more of the same, really. No new innovations in the formula.

Just watched the fifth one a while back, didn't know there was more so soon! Gotta see soon...

At 5/4/18 03:02 PM, Painbringer wrote: Finished all 24 bond films.

Most of the DVDs were shit and skipped a lot.

Massive, man! I've seen all of them too, though never more than a few at a time - and not more than a few of the newer and Goldeneye (that game was great too) more than once. Any favorite? It's cool they're going back to the older style with the newer ones, but though I'm all about classics the newer ones really do the older style better than the older ones IMO... some of them were kinda slow.

At 5/1/18 07:40 AM, Jacquard-Oxide wrote: Watching Montey Python and the Holy Grail. One of my favourite comedies.

Classic. :D

BBS Signature

At 4/23/18 07:13 PM, VicariousE wrote: Man that's a weird AF quad-pack of movies: 3 Austin Powers and an SNL produced Spies Like Us smh
Spies Like Us takes place in the Reagan era, Chase is the office layabout and PR guy, Akroyd is the basement dwelling shining star - both get scooped up for a black op. Very decent flick in a comedy sense, lol here's a brief audio from about 3/4's of the way thru the movie: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/589338

Nice find. XD Well I guess I'd better put that one on my watchlist too, then. Actually just finished this one:

Runaway (1984)

...way better than I expected! Always fun to see high-tech movies of the eighties, what with how different the predictions on future technology were back then... though pretty impressive gadgetry too, spiders in particular, and the 'floater cam' might be the first actual drone I've ever seen in a movie... didn't seem like it filmed anything, but like it really could fly. Pretty solid action movie overall. Good pace despite age, and the fear of heights really came across in the end, before they unite under the fireworks...

BBS Signature

Bhaag Johnny (2015)

Here's a Bollywood movie about a man who's faced with an impossible choice: kill a stranger, or go to jail for 10 years. A jinn appears and gives him the opportunity to live both lives, and see the consequences of his actions, though with one catch: if he dies in any one of the lives he'll die in both. It was pretty good! Refreshing script, solid fights, plenty of romance and a couple dance scenes - of course... gotta get back to Bollywood movies more. They're not the most authentic but: always done with style!

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-05 11:14:19

Overdrive (2017)

Here's a movie about cars... and they're old cars! :D It's like a mixture between Redline and Fast & Furious... with a heist scheme like Ocean's 11, and older cars than I've seen in either. Twas a blast to watch, though characters and plot were all a bit shallow. If you like cars you'll probably like it though...

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-05 11:15:27

The Cell (2000)

What an artistic movie this was! J-Lo and Vince Vaughn in the main roles, diving into the mind of a psycho to save a girl trapped in a glass cube slowly filling with water... it's not just the regular thriller though, it's like that, horror, and sci-fi all meshed together. Macabre but masterful. Sexual and sinister. Gripping and grueling, with interesting angles and atmospheric settings. Might be a favorite. Great cast too, and an authentic premise - even with the sci-fi.

Cover really doesn't do it justice though.

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-05 11:16:26

Don't Breathe (2016)

Here's a tale of a trio of kids who decide to rob a blind man living in an abandoned part of the city... though little do they know the blind man is not really alone, but lives there with some dark secrets. Refreshingly gore-less horror, and in a whole new setting too.

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-05 17:47:09

Internal Affairs from 1990

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-06 09:43:55

The Strangers Prey at Night

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-07 00:36:46

Saw IV

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-08 16:15:54

At 5/5/18 05:47 PM, argile wrote: Internal Affairs from 1990

Interesting, wonder if it has anything to do with the newer version... adding to my watchlist.

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-08 16:18:38

Ladyhawke (1985)

It's a knight's tale, with Rutger Hauer and Michelle Pfeiffer and a boy who escapes the dungeons and might be able to lead them back in, so they can slay the evil bishop who cursed them... way better than I'd expected. It really feels like the time it's meant to portray. Creative filming and a great cast.

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-08 16:21:08

Logan Lucky (2017)

Channing Tatum and that guy plays Kylo Ren team up and plan a NASCAR heist, with a little help from Daniel Craig as the notorious Joey Bang. Bit like a hillbilly version of Ocean's 11, but in a good way, both introducing the good sides of the culture and making fun of it at the same time. Not so much action but a solid story; well-filmed. Good fun.

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-08 16:23:15

Category 7: The End Of The World (2005)

Watched Category 6 a while ago so I figured I might as well watch this one too, but eh... not recommended. Shallow plot. Better but still bad special effects. It had some upsides but overall not too exciting...

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-08 19:48:22

Detroit

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-10 10:17:10

Underworld Blood Wars

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-10 14:20:33

Burn after Reading it's actually pretty good

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Truth or Dare

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-11 18:25:59

I love this movie lol

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-11 23:27:18

Superbad

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-12 10:57:33

Paris Pied Nus

Response to The movie you're currently watching 2018-05-12 20:02:31

At 5/12/18 06:44 PM, Zymbot wrote:
At 5/3/18 06:07 PM, Zymbot wrote: Just watched the first Guardians of the Galaxy with my younger brother. He wanted to check out the MCU movies he hasn't seen yet, and I own them all on Blu-Ray.

It was fun.
We just watched Thor: The Dark World.

Possibly my very least favorite movie in the MCU, but it has some good stuff in it.

i liked that movie better than the first, but the most recent thor film is by far the best. well...aside for the semi annoying rock guy.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"