00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ReneePrower just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games you love exploring in?

4,386 Views | 42 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Games you love exploring in? 2016-11-25 18:06:34

The game I love exploring in is Yume Nikki because of the dream like atmosphere with psychedelic creatures is just amazing to me. I have never really played a game that was just as calming and relatable as this one before. So any games you love exploring in?

I turn water into water

BBS Signature

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2016-11-25 18:45:07

Skyrim
A link to the past

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2016-11-25 18:57:54

Minecraft
Seven Cities of Gold
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Classic Doom and Quake games.
Most RTS games.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2016-11-26 02:43:55

Manny MMOs

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2016-11-26 11:40:19

Every game. Give me every game with exploring in it

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2016-11-26 15:08:36

Ocarina of Time was probably the first game I played with a big overworld that I really liked to explore. The game had so many secrets too. Even many years after I beat it I still discovered new things. Like I never knew there was a second deku stick upgrade.

Most Final Fantasy games have really nice overworlds in my opinion. I particularly like FF IX's. I mean just just look at this.

More recently, the Elder Scrolls games. I played Oblivion first and it really blew my mind with how much freedom you have to just go anywhere. I think Cyrodiil is really beautiful and colourful. I also enjoy running around Skyrim because I like mountains irl.

That's all that comes to mind right now, but I love exploring in just about any game really.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2016-11-26 16:18:43

GTA. :) Both the first and second and third and so fourth, and all the sequels. Basically all games I play though. I love exploring. Probably why I don't end up picking up that many new games - you can just run around and find new things forever.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-02-13 11:13:41

Skyrim

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-02-13 14:01:44

The Witcher 3 does it for me. I just love walking through the mountains, not even doing a quest or anything. Definitely helps that there hundreds of little things and events around the overworld to run into.

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/potatoman/sexy-potatoman

i'm surprised no one has mentioned a souls game yet. i remember my first playthrough of Dark Souls being the most engrossing video game experience of my life, in large part due to the environments and enemy variety & placement. i really felt like anything could be around every corner and over every hill, the sense of anticipation was great. obviously you get diminishing returns on that the more times you play through the game, but that first experience will always stick with me.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-02-16 21:56:00

At 2/15/17 05:30 AM, Ultramartyr wrote:

Same, I love Dark souls a lot for those exact reasons. Also, what are your thoughts on bloodbourne in comparison to dark souls 3?

I turn water into water

BBS Signature

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-02-17 04:33:25

At 2/16/17 09:56 PM, SkimblixWalker wrote:
At 2/15/17 05:30 AM, Ultramartyr wrote:
Same, I love Dark souls a lot for those exact reasons. Also, what are your thoughts on bloodbourne in comparison to dark souls 3?

i'll let you know in a couple weeks when i actually play them. the game selection on the ps4 hasn't looked enticing to me, but i always meant to get one when i had the extra money. well tax season is here and Nioh just came out so it's time to pony up. i can tell you i'm by far the most excited for Bloodborne though. the gothic aesthetic is much more appealing to me than medieval. and the body horror looks very nice too. i feel like a criminal not having played them yet but i'm a middle class grunt making ends meet and a ps4 wasn't gonna help :(

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-02-17 11:53:44

Skyrim and Fallout

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-03-13 05:23:44

In any game that I play, if I can explore, I will explore. There's usually secret stuff you can find by exploring. I like to explore because I hate to miss anything. This is especially the case in the Uncharted and Spyro games. I hate missing treasures and gems.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-03-18 00:42:23

For the longest time it had mostly been 3D platformers, but Darksiders 2 had contained a lot of fun crevasses to explore.

I like to explore in any game that gives you various ways to get around places. Ratchet & Clank's been one of my go-to games for years now. The Gold Bolts are always so out of the way that it feels like you're out of bounds to reach them. Spyro 1 had some great exploration moments as well. I'll never forget all those times where I'd fly to the horizon to hunt for gems.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Xenoblade Chronicles X has some of the best exploration in any open world game. I loved the feeling of starting out on foot in a huge world filled with giant beasts and massive landscapes filled with hidden nooks and crannies and then eventually piloting a mech which makes changes your whole perspective on the world.

Too bad almost every aspect of the game was hot garbage. Aside from some of the monster designs and a hilariously bad battle theme that seems to secretly be a rap about heroine addiction.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-03-24 04:04:32

At 3/24/17 12:56 AM, Leidolfr wrote: Two Worlds was alot of fun to just walk around and find herbs and shit.

Game looks awesome! Can't recall the name tho...

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-03-24 04:38:24

Skyrim.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-04-07 17:41:40

Skyrim, i played it 20 times and i find everytime something new

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-04-08 09:52:36

GTA, i never get tired of zoomin around and doing bad things.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-04-10 06:10:36

Fallout Shelter. May be a glorified text adventure to some but my word, the writing in it is amazing. And it is especially amazing in sections where you explore the Wasteland, other buildings or other fallout shelters.

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-04-10 14:39:45

At 11/25/16 06:20 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote:

I also like exploring in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Seems like every new step I take I discover more content.

Playing that now. So many crafting materials around I sometimes find myself drifting into a sort ocd trance, just endlessly collecting things. After awhile I have be like, "Gahh, there's an actual game here I'm supposed to be playing".

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-04-10 14:44:20

At 11/26/16 03:08 PM, Auz wrote:

Most Final Fantasy games have really nice overworlds in my opinion. I particularly like FF IX's. I mean just just look at this.

Maaaannnn. Now you've got me seriously thinking about starting another playthrough of that tonight. Love that game, and that was the first game where I was amazed at how huge the world was(at the time). Especially when you first get The Blue Narciss.

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-04-10 18:19:57

I enjoy Grand Theft Auto 5. That's always fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-04-14 10:02:38

OOT and Skyrim for me too. The cool thing about Skyrim is that it's stories and lore contain an even bigger world to explore. I'm kinda disappointment I haven't played Oblivion or Morrowind yet or other elder scrolls games.

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-04-26 17:52:27

At 4/14/17 10:02 AM, Moblin wrote: OOT and Skyrim for me too. The cool thing about Skyrim is that it's stories and lore contain an even bigger world to explore. I'm kinda disappointment I haven't played Oblivion or Morrowind yet or other elder scrolls games.

Oblivion looks a bit crude now, and some of the voice acting is laughable by today's standards, but it still holds up.
The thing I love is how they really made it feel like this is the center of Tamriel. The land and the towns look a bit different depending on what country's border you're near. It's snowy near Skyrim, it's rainy near Blackmarsh, etc. Very cool.

And Elder Scrolls Online has a Morrowind expansion coming out in June. I might hop on then, not sure.

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-04-27 14:32:20

At 4/26/17 05:52 PM, thenoodge wrote:
And Elder Scrolls Online has a Morrowind expansion coming out in June. I might hop on then, not sure.

Is ESO any good? I'd love to buy it, but I'm not sure if it's gonna be a waste of money or not.

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-04-27 19:20:42

Expeditions: Conquistador, because I love charging into unknown jungle, slaughtering the natives, abandoning all logic and reason in pursuit of gold, then going mad as my crew starve and mutiny around me.

Ich bin der Zorn Gottes.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Fallout 2 and NV; those two have have way more depth and feel to them over 3 and 4 IMO.

I would also say Morrowind and oblivion; Morrowind for it's world and atmosphere and Oblivion more for it's personality. Also Assassin's creed II and BH because renaissance Italy.

Response to Games you love exploring in? 2017-04-28 19:07:49

At 4/27/17 02:32 PM, Moblin wrote:
At 4/26/17 05:52 PM, thenoodge wrote:
Is ESO any good? I'd love to buy it, but I'm not sure if it's gonna be a waste of money or not.

Forgot to answer you. Sorry.

By the time my download was finished so was the free trial. So I don't now. I know they've made all sorts of changes since the release, and I've heard it's pretty good now. I will wait until June to see what kind of deals they have.