00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners

8,390 Views | 27 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Pumpkin Carving 2016 Contest

Planning to carve a pumpkin? Carve an original character from here on NG and post your picture in this thread to join our contest! You can also post your pumpkin in the Art Portal with the "pumpkin2016" tag.

The TOP THREE pumpkins will receive honorary Supporter Status, which you can gift to a friend if you're already a supporter.

Don't have a pumpkin? We're giving supporter status to each of our THREE FAVORITES in Carve 'n Share, as well.

Deadline for all entries is November 1st.

Check out the 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 and 2007 winners but don't copy them.

If you're looking for inspiration from this past year, check out these:

Creep Jam - as seen in the current site skin by @RedMinus.
Robot Jam - as featured in this previous skin by @Shamfooo.
Mascot Jam
Loop Jam

Or maybe just browse the best original comedy from the past year. I'm sure characters from Define Intervention or Captain Tardigrade would make delightful pumpkins.

Want to make art, music, animation or a game to celebrate Halloween? One week remains to join our Halloween Spooktacular and potentially snag $100.

Sentry Knight Art Jam Winners

Last week we hosted an art jam to celebrate the launch of Sentry Knight Tactics by @Tyler, @JWolfGames and @AtTheSpeedOf.

The SKT team has selected their favorites. Here they are, ranked in order:

Thank you everyone who participated! Everyone on this list is receiving a Sentry Knight Steam key.

Trackers Charity Song

@Hania has announced the latest song from her band, Trackers. All first month profits will be going to the Kids Cancer Project so go have a listen and consider buying a copy.

This Week on Newgrounds

@Noodle has released This Week on Newgrounds #10. This show is a great way to catch up on things you may have missed here on NG.

Supporters

Our current site skin and Halloween prizes come thanks to our Supporters! We have big plans for bigger supporter numbers and we need everyone possible to get onboard.

Supporter status is $2.99 a month (or $25 per year) and you get a lot of perks, as you can see here. It would be inspiring and extremely helpful to end 2016 with 2,000 active supporters. Ultimately we'll be gunning for 10,000 and beyond. The potential future for NG and all the opportunities it would offer is too great to not fight for, especially as traditional media continues to consolidate.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-24 14:09:12

Thanks for the plug again Tom!

I always love the Pumpkin carving contest :D
It has been a few years since I was able to take part - so I am hoping to make something for 2016!

PS. I am really loving deathink's Monster emoticons. I have been using them on every post!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Why worship the Devil so much if Newgrounds was supposed to be independent? I'll shut up if I have to, but still, all the demons and evil only brings disgrace and misery. Normal people don't have their fingers like this. Look at your own hands.

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-24 14:19:58

At 10/24/16 02:13 PM, Phenom9 wrote: Why worship the Devil so much if Newgrounds was supposed to be independent? I'll shut up if I have to, but still, all the demons and evil only brings disgrace and misery. Normal people don't have their fingers like this. Look at your own hands.

I didn't realize our site skin was so satanic.

BBS Signature

Congrats to the winners! Love the entries :D

At 10/24/16 02:13 PM, Phenom9 wrote: Why worship the Devil so much if Newgrounds was supposed to be independent? I'll shut up if I have to, but still, all the demons and evil only brings disgrace and misery. Normal people don't have their fingers like this. Look at your own hands.

Satan fuels our creativity. It doesn't just magically come from nowhere; this is why there is a human sacrifice every Pico Day.

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-24 15:40:35

At 10/24/16 02:38 PM, Tyler wrote: Congrats to the winners! Love the entries :D

Thanks for including me, you guys!

up down flop around

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-24 16:17:23

Unfortunately, I'm too busy with studies to participate myself. That said, I'm looking forward to see what everyone will be creating! Have fun, all ^ ^

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-24 16:22:34

Woaw now I better get to play :D!
I really like this sort of artjam 'tradition' for NG related releases :)

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-24 23:47:56

Hail Tom Fulp! err... I mean "Lucifer!"

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-25 03:13:27

Congratulations to all the winners! Cordial consolations to all the losers.

That pumpkin game is still way too much fun to mess with. Pumpkin carving isn't really a thing here, the only real Halloween traditions are just underaged drinking and unemployment.

I always knew the tingly feeling I got while I browsed wasn't just the side effects of not taking my meds.

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-25 08:23:14

I love carving a pumpkin

i am 1# newgrounds first celebrity,call me ninja kitty,i am a guardian christian of canada

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-25 10:16:13

So it's that time of the year! No real pumpkins over here but there's always Carve N Share!

Can't remember seeing there was a Spooktacular going on this year earlier. Too much going on lately. Good going-on's though, ongoing! Also Congrats to the winners! Looking forward to whatever this year hellspawns.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-25 15:41:43

So, Tom, any plans for changing the logo to that classic Headless Tankman with a Pumpkin one?

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-25 16:30:18

At 10/25/16 03:41 PM, LauriJ wrote: So, Tom, any plans for changing the logo to that classic Headless Tankman with a Pumpkin one?

Can't recall if we ever made that variation for the current smaller logo... Was there one last year?

BBS Signature

At 10/25/16 04:30 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/25/16 03:41 PM, LauriJ wrote: So, Tom, any plans for changing the logo to that classic Headless Tankman with a Pumpkin one?
Can't recall if we ever made that variation for the current smaller logo... Was there one last year?

Well, I guess a little trip to the internet archive would answer your question. Anyways, i'm sure you can think of something.

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-26 13:27:50

Should we submit screenshots for our Carve 'n Share entries, or will you be combing through the Carve 'n Shared?

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-26 13:40:36

At 10/26/16 01:27 PM, moawling wrote: Should we submit screenshots for our Carve 'n Share entries, or will you be combing through the Carve 'n Shared?

I intend to comb through but it would also be helpful to share screenshots here.

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-28 09:48:08

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-28 17:51:11

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-29 12:40:04

Here's my Carve n' Share pumpkin homage to the king of creepiness, the lord of rusty spoons and red water... Salad Fingers!

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-30 11:15:00

Here's my entry for Carve n' Share!

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-30 15:00:48

At 10/30/16 11:15 AM, moawling wrote: Here's my entry for Carve n' Share!

Zombilicious!

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-30 23:15:43

That's awesome! THAT IS AWESOME!

If you lived thru the pandemic this is your wake up call to stop being a shithead.

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-31 00:29:15

My Little Jester form "The Tale Teller".

Happy Halloween people!

A picture of it in the light here:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/6b07faaae232d387494c5f1dbad5a8a1

Love sexual lobsters work, check it out if you havnt seen it already.

http://sexual-lobster.newgrounds.com/

Good luck eveyone!

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-31 20:17:55

At 10/31/16 08:08 PM, Sundownx wrote: Happy Halloween people!
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sundownx/pleasure-island-pumpkin-2016

Good luck eveyone!

Awesome! NG pumpkins fill my heart with joy.

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-10-31 20:35:43

At 10/31/16 08:17 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/31/16 08:08 PM, Sundownx wrote: Happy Halloween people!
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sundownx/pleasure-island-pumpkin-2016

Good luck eveyone!
Awesome! NG pumpkins fill my heart with joy.

Thanks for the FP!
The new changes look great by the way, i hope making ng more mobile friendly will increase traffic. :)

Response to Pumpkin Carving & Art Jam Winners 2016-11-08 07:07:21

Looks awesome!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature